Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
A really bad website.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:31 pm
May make you cringe or giggle. This site is just horrible.

http://www.resurrectisis.org/  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:07 am
Wow, that was really bad.
At first I was like "Yeah okay, Isis, world civilization, sure," but the further I read, the more my reaction became "What the hell am I reading?" ಠ_ಠ

It's all just theory, unsupported by any evidence, and presented as fact. That's never a good thing. I don't see any references for where this information is coming from, and some of it is outright incorrect:

"According to the Isis legend, there was an ancient king, Assur [Osiris], who was the first king of the first kingdom on earth. A company of evil conspirators murdered Assur."

Company of conspirators? What? No. The myth is that it was Osiris' brother Set/Seth who murdered him. I have never read anywhere that it was anyone other than Set.

The article never mentions how Osiris and Isis came to power, either. Yes, Isis is a goddess of wisdom and love, but she wasn't always as honest or selfless as the writer wants to believe. She rose to power through deceit, tricking and forcing the previous pharaoh, Ra, into giving up his position. When even the parts of this article dealing with mythology are either inaccurate or outright omitted, how can the writer claim that the so-called "reality" of it, is accurate?

Until I see any references to actual evidence that can back up the claims made there, I don't believe any of it.

Little Batwing
Crew

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:30 pm
IttyBittyBatwing
Company of conspirators? What? No. The myth is that it was Osiris' brother Set/Seth who murdered him. I have never read anywhere that it was anyone other than Set.
I've actually read a couple versions where Set did have a group that helped him in murdering Asar but it was still all Set's doing.  
*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games