Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Symphonia: A New Tomorrow (FULL) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:34 am
After Colette had lay down, Lloyd too gave her a goodnight kiss on the forehead before he'd lie beside her. It didn't take too much time for him to fall asleep either.

Azriel was at first by the fire herself, her place far across and opposite Lilith's side. Looking over in Kai's direction, her eye twitched and she raised an eyebrow. "You're...not gonna sleep? You gotta be shittin' me!" scream She covered up her voice change with another short fit of hacking cough and continued, "I mean, that's...something remarkable, staying up all night without rest...aheheh...yeah... sweatdrop Well! I had better settle down myself! Don't wanna lag behind the team with drowsiness and all...yup." User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. With that, she stepped away from the fire and moved toward a considerably spacious spot and...merely appeared to be trying to get to sleep herself.

Oscuro rubbed the back of her head and grimaced and glared at Chiaro, having received yet another hit from her.
"You are really testing my patience tonight."
"I'm not gonna stand for a break in my routine!"
"You're not doing anything tonight with someone keeping watch. You know, you should have thought this would be one of the repercussions of having Azriel travel in a group."
"..." stressed
"Now we're having second thoughts, aren't we?"
"S-shut up."

About a few minutes later, when there was nothing but silence all around, Lilith's pack was rustling beside her. Before she might have reached over to have a look at it, it managed to open itself. Out of it floated a slightly worn roll of parchment and a pen. The parchment unfurled, showing its blank side, and the pen began writing on it in a careful pace.

Good evening. As you might have already suspected, I am but a ghost. I could not help but overhear that you yourself are a Necromancer, and I have some inquiries for you, if you do not mind. I may be a well-studied person, but not in your field, in fact...I must admit I am a bit apprehensive about looking into such material.

In the party you're traveling with, there is...someone I'd like to be truly, physically there for. However...I have been long dead for nearly 4200 years, so my body is obviously gone. What do you suppose can be done, then, to bring me back to life?

I have a feeling there is an obvious answer to this, but I want to see if you may tell me something otherwise.

Here, the writing paused, seeming to be done. However, after a few seconds...

...Oh, and there is no need to write your response. I can hear you perfectly.

Now it truly stopped, the drifting spirit awaiting Lilith's reply.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 pm
"Well well, a lost soul, a strong one too...as for your question Necromancy is much more complicated than simply providing a soul with a body."

Lilith sighed

"I'm not sure if I can help you, at least not now"

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 am
If the ghost were able to be visible, it would be seen that he was smiling a bit smugly. He would even chuckle a bit, if he could.

I see.

Strong? Ah...if I had as much strength as a spirit as I did eons ago, I could actually reveal myself in appearance and speak. Nay, by persistently lingering this long, I'm merely reduced to a fraction of the powers I possessed in my living days. And I'm afraid I'm about to wear myself down to the end of my afterlife soon.

I would hope not to disappear before getting a chance to help her....

May I ask why you're unsure? Are there perhaps things you need that you currently do not have in your possession?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm
"I would need your corpse, or at least pieces of it--as I did with Kai I had to improvise and use some of his buddies parts to put him back together. Since you claim your bones are no more that makes things complicated."

Lilith paused for a moment

"This may sound hard to believe but ive only scratched the surface of Necromancy, my abilities are...greatly exaggerated by the public; though that is why I travel...to become more powerful"

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 pm
There was another short pause after Lilith spoke, before the writing continued.

Still, I wouldn't discredit you.
You've gotten on more of a headstart in the field than I have, and that's better than nothing.

And parts of others, you say? Eureka! That confirms a small theory I had in mind!
But, is it absolutely a must that at least fragments of the original individual be present?

In any case, I would like to propose an experimental foray with you.
It will be a blend of Necromancy and Alchemy, and a learning experience for the both of us.
I will need your skill in tethering a soul to a body as in my current state, I can only possess with consent.
The Alchemy end of it involves the product of an obscure and controversial method...
there's not been a documented success on it, but I still believe it's worth a shot!

Of course, I'm not going to place all that work on your shoulders.
I will seek her—the one whom I'm trying to come back to life for, I mean—assistance regarding the Alchemy.

So what do you say...would you be willing to lend me your aid?

Aside, Azriel turned over where she lay. Seeing in the distance that Lilith was still awake and sitting by the fire, she pouted but stared on, waiting for the time Lilith would get to sleep. One person to sneak by wouldn't be too much trouble, she and Oscuro hoped. Azriel couldn't really feel tired because of her dark otherself's restlessness.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 pm
"this is certainly an interesting case, I will help you"

Lilith's smile grew

"but in order for me to do such a thing...when the time comes you must give me something of equal value to your soul...or your soul itself...that is how the process works...hehehehe".  

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 pm
If the spirit were visible, he would have paled and expressed a slight alarm at Lilith's words. Though she laughed, he couldn't tell whether or not she was joking.

I know not what I have of equal value...even in my living days I did not have many possessions, as I was a wanderer.
And even if I did have things I could've offered up back then, they'd surely have deteriorated after over 4000 years.

However, I do not want to hand over my soul...
If the circumstances were different, I would...but you see, I am preparing it...for her.
In due time, the meaning behind that will become clear.

That Kai fellow, did he entrust to you his soul, or something else?
With such a stipulation, I might call off the deal, then...
Though I suppose I could at least refer to you as a consultant. Hmm.

He had asked because he was hoping to hear some examples.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 pm
"The deal normally involves the soul as the bargaining chip, Kai is a special case however...and that is not information for you to know. "

Lilith sighed

"it seems being a consultant would be the better choice due to your situation, however you have not provided your name to me--not exactly a good way to start an agreement"
she said smirking.  

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 am
I see. Very well. Indeed, I shall officially default you to consultant.

Ahaha...right. My apologies. My manners had gone out the metaphorical window in the excitement.
My name is Eloysio Donovan, and I'll be seeing you soon, if luck permits.
Now, I must excuse myself lest I miss my chance to appeal to her.
I bid thee good evening.

And with that, the parchment rolled back up, and it and the pen slipped back into Lilith's pack. The ghost then proceeded to close it up neatly.

Meanwhile, gathering that the Necromancer was preoccupied by now, Azriel used the opportunity to sneak by. Stepping carefully, she was now passing by Rhone, though she did not notice him due to being so focused on slipping away.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:11 am
Suddenly, and without provocation, Rhone catapults upright with a quick gasp, breathing heavily, covered in sweat, and tears streaming down his face. Unaware of anyone's presence, he rests his forehead on his hand and angrily punches the ground next to him.  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:59 am
Startled by Rhone's actions, Azriel started to blurt out "MotherFU---" but before she could finish out that interjection, she gasped loudly and clapped both hands over her mouth. She also fumbled backward, tripped on her own foot and fell on her bottom.

Her eyes now trained on Rhone, Azriel tried to keep as completely still as she could, but couldn't stop herself from quivering nervously. Her hands still over her mouth, she held her breath and watched to see if he or anyone else had noticed her.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm
Rhone, hearing the commotion Azriel caused, quickly wipes his face with his sleeve and composes himself. His eyes were still blury because he had just jolted awake, but he could make out a figure sitting nearby. Rhone speaks in a tone that sounds somber...almost defeated.
"...Who's out there?"  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm
Feeling caught, Azriel felt obliged to answer. "U-ummmm....no one?" lol she replied with nervous laughter.
Oscuro facepalmed.
"No one....but me?"
Oscuro doubled the facepalm with her other hand.

Her nerves getting the better of her, Azriel started rambling a bit. "I was just, uh, on the way to...well....er, answer the call of nature y'know? In those woods over there. Yeah. I'm...sorry if I woke you up, I must've s-stepped on something. I'll just..." She was about to say she was going to leave him alone, but noticing the tone in which he answered, she started to become a little concerned. "H-hey, are you alright?"

"... ... ...Azriel, sometimes your capacity for empathy is frustrating." (屮ಠДಠ)屮
Chiaro couldn't help but smirk a bit, watching Oscuro squirm like this.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Rhone sighs and looks up at Azriel.
"Oh...Blues...yeah, I'm okay, more or less."
He fully regains his composure and usual tone before standing up and offering a her a hand up.
"Sorry if I frightened you."  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Princess Seven

Friendly Explorer

10,875 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 am
At first, Azriel blinked at Rhone, just realizing something for the first time now. "You keep calling me that..." O_o After a light shake of her head, she took his hand and got up. "Well sure, I was startled, but scared? Naaaaah. And maybe we see things differently, but...to me, okay doesn't mean punching a hole in the ground. Or sounding seriously down on your luck. You sure you don't wanna talk about it?" She wasn't able to notice the tears in that short time frame.

Rhone might notice her left eye twitching sometimes, however. Her irises had turned yellow from their natural green, but the sclera weren't black yet. She was trying to suppress Oscuro with all her might (at least, until she could be alone), which accounted for why her being might seem to be brimming with darkness.

"Good GRIEF, can I at least get a midnight snack in?!" gonk  
Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games