Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
what to think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:29 pm
So I'm in my Sophmore year of highschool and I am taking AP World History.

The course is suppose to be rigorous and mind challenging, but it doesn't feel that way because the teacher is a bit or a creepster.

First of all he doesn't teach. He literally said "Hey guys...i don't feel like teaching today...do whatever. Test is tomorrow. Don't forget." Which is soooooo stupid because teachers should't do that! He hasn't taught us anything in that class that i didn't learn in 5th grade.

Along with that, he's always cursing in class an saying things that are innappropriate. He gave us a worksheet with bad words on it..but he put stars to make it looks better...

Example "What group of p***ed-off peasants over threw the Han Dynasy?" or "Why do we say that the emporor Shijuangdi is a bit f***** up?"

Some of the questions didn't even relate to the topics we were tested on.

Anyway, what bothers me most about him is that the course involves a lot of religious history and study, and he inputs too much of his opinion into it where some of the things just sound rude. He said something about Abrahamic religions being a bit repetitive and that you can't believe in something you can't see.

And then he was talking about wicca and how the Salem Witch Trials were the greatest thing ever and how Wicca was the "Spawn of the devil" which was really offensive towards me and a classmate. I'm not Wiccan. I dont claim to be but I'm really interested and he says the rudest things about religions.

So that's it...I'm not really sure what to do about this teacher. I wanted to tell my mom about him but then I was afraid she would start something big with the school and that it would be awkward.

So input if you have any would be nice. whee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Take a small tape-recorder to class. (If you do not have one, ask your parents if you can go buy one. They sell them at most office supply and electronics stores.) Record a couple of days of him in class then lodge a formal complaint about him using your recordings as evidence. It might also help to get a few testimonies from your classmates.

If you're afraid you will not be taken seriously because you are a student and think they might write you off as "some dumb kid" because "all kids hate their teachers", then ask your parents to listen to the recordings you made and have them lodge the complaint. You can also go to your guidance councilor about him, they are REQUIRED to listen to a student's concerns.

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100

ncsweet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:13 am
If you have a cell phone, it might have a recorder on there as well. But I would definitely get concrete examples (like the worksheet), and then other verbal evidence and talk to your parents about it.

If you don't want to bring your own beliefs into it, go at it from the perspective that he is not acting in a professional manner, and that he is disrespecting other cultures and religions by his behavior. Some of it may be typical, because it's an AP class, and at that level you are expected to be able to do a lot of independent study, but it does sound like someone needs to look into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 pm
Ren LehCrow

Take a small tape-recorder to class. (If you do not have one, ask your parents if you can go buy one. They sell them at most office supply and electronics stores.) Record a couple of days of him in class then lodge a formal complaint about him using your recordings as evidence. It might also help to get a few testimonies from your classmates.

If you're afraid you will not be taken seriously because you are a student and think they might write you off as "some dumb kid" because "all kids hate their teachers", then ask your parents to listen to the recordings you made and have them lodge the complaint. You can also go to your guidance councilor about him, they are REQUIRED to listen to a student's concerns.

Thank you. I have a phone that records so i might try that. My friend plans on doing the same thing so there's double the evidence. Hopefully something good will happen, but our school has some sort of 10 strike thing for the teachers if i'm not mistaken.  

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:38 pm