Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hypno~Love

Back to Guilds

For those that enjoy hypnosis on a personal level. 

Tags: hypnosis, erotic, mind control, brain washing, intimate 

Reply Main Forum
Definition Of Hypnosis

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dracoso18
Vice Captain

Friendly Flatterer

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 am
This is not an absolute, but this is simply an opinion of what i feel hypnosis is. If people want to add on, give their comments, or feel i am completely wrong, spewing a load of lies and that i deserve a 9 iron up-side the head, feel free to say so.

Hypnosis is an altered state of awareness where someone is more open to suggestions. It is where a persons emotions are 'turned off' so to say, and allows the person's logical mind, or subconscious, comes to the surface to handle most workings of the mind.

During hypnosis, a person's awareness is altered to be focused only on the hypnotist, therefore the subconscious is focused on the hypnotist, awaiting input. The amount of input (commands or suggestions) is filtered by the person's level of comfort, trust, and willingness, as well as how suggestible they are. The more open and comfortable a person is, the less is filtered, and therefore allowed, just like with a computer.

A person's mind works very much like a computer when it is without emotion, for it mainly works on what is or is not possible, and what is or is not allowed. If a person is continuously hypnotized, their willingness may increase, depending on the steps taken, or their trust may increase if sessions bear results over time.

Hypnosis, in its simplest form, is a state of relaxation where the person is relieved of emotion temporarily, and they are put in a state where they take suggestions on a simple yes or no response that may become more complex, depending on the relation between the suggestion and the person being suggested. (in other words, a person with a bad history with dancing, might not want to dance even when hypnotized, but is willing to stand and/or stretch as dancers do).

If you wish to know more, feel free to PM me, if you think everything i said is a filthy filthy lie, feel free to give me your opinion here. Either way, i do hope it helps those who want the information.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:22 pm
I agree on what you say. Because i had it happen to me before though i was still aware like my mind was recording all of what happened between me and the hypnotist. Just in case i didn't like what was going on i would snap out of it.

Though i am very stubborn for a subject when i choose to submit. I know other people aren't like that but I know how it feels to be in a deep relaxing state of mind with meditation perhaps that helped i don't know.

But what i said before was an in person experience and i would like to add at one point i was still able to have the emotion of love snap me out of trance. I just know from experience. sweatdrop  

Masona

Collector Otaku

11,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Fusion Expert 300

Phillip Daines

7,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 pm
I would have to disagree about the emotion bit. I would personally say emotion is a very large part of hypnosis. The subject doesn't become a blank slate the moment they're under. They can come across as emotionless, but I do not think they are completely without.

Even while under, a subject is still aware of their surroundings. If they're distracted, unhappy, angry, excited, or anything, the situation can change based on whatever emotion they're feeling.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:31 pm
Tiherina
I would have to disagree about the emotion bit. I would personally say emotion is a very large part of hypnosis. The subject doesn't become a blank slate the moment they're under. They can come across as emotionless, but I do not think they are completely without.

Even while under, a subject is still aware of their surroundings. If they're distracted, unhappy, angry, excited, or anything, the situation can change based on whatever emotion they're feeling.

actually, it is all situational. i have met people who do not remember anything from it and are not aware of anything going on. Some people might be aware of what is happening, but if it is truly hypnosis, their emotions are simply reactions to a suggestion. If a person is relaxed enough, they are relieved of the effects of their emotions, thats why i dont say they are erased, but they are simply turned off or greatly reduced during this state.

their emotions usually cause less focus, and they can push away from a hypnotist, which is why emotions can be troublesome for a person who wants to be hypnotized. If nothing else, you can say that a persons emotions are more flexible while they are hypnotized, at least if they are comfortable with it.  

Dracoso18
Vice Captain

Friendly Flatterer

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers