Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
3DS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imaginary Fox

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm
Just wondering how many folks bought a 3DS. I don't really know anyone else around here who owns one other than a friend of mine. I just got the red one so its pretty new to me 3nodding I plan on bringing it to conventions from now on, but otherwise I don't know how to find people to Streetpass with.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 pm
why hello fellow 3ds owner got mine before price drop.  

The Magnificent Muffin

Golden Loiterer

Imaginary Fox

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 pm
There was no way I could afford one before the price drop so I was really happy that happened in time for the red (I always get a red DS, I've had one since the phat). 3nodding I traded in a bunch of stuff and my old Lite and got it for less than $100.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:14 pm
I don't plan on getting a 3DS anytime soon since I just bought a practically brand new DSi off my fiance's cousin...For $30. It works perfectly too. He was gonna sell it back to Gamestop and get $20 so I whispered to him "Wanna make 10 more dollars?" Lol so he sold it to me instead. =P I tried the 3DS in the store and the 3D hurts my eyes x___X;; and everyone tells me "Well, just turn the 3D switch off." And what is the point in owning a 3DS if you're just gonna treat it like a regular DS by not turning the 3D switch on? xD So I'm not gonna buy one. The blue one looks very pretty though =)  

crazymugglegirl

Chatty Shopper

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Imaginary Fox

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:56 pm
CrazyMuggleGirl
I don't plan on getting a 3DS anytime soon since I just bought a practically brand new DSi off my fiance's cousin...For $30. It works perfectly too. He was gonna sell it back to Gamestop and get $20 so I whispered to him "Wanna make 10 more dollars?" Lol so he sold it to me instead. =P I tried the 3DS in the store and the 3D hurts my eyes x___X;; and everyone tells me "Well, just turn the 3D switch off." And what is the point in owning a 3DS if you're just gonna treat it like a regular DS by not turning the 3D switch on? xD So I'm not gonna buy one. The blue one looks very pretty though =)

Honestly, I think they over-hyped the 3D thing on the 3DS. I didn't care about the 3D, so I thought that means I don't care about the system, and I think too many people thought that way. My friend got one, and then after playing around with it, I was convinced I did want it after all. It is still a step up with connectivity than the DSi, more powerful a system, and stuff like the new Mario Kart is pretty awesome online. Stuff like Streetpass and SwapNote are some of my favorite things about the system. It supports Netflix (and I heard later Hulu Plus?) and has some other little fun apps like the 3D Pokedex. The 3D is kinda cool, but I don't use it all that much. One thing that kinda sucks is eShop purchases are tied to system, so if you buy anything on the DSi you'd have to buy it again if you switch systems and want it later. You may also be kinda sad at missing out on some of the upcoming games for 3DS later (like the new Animal Crossing whenever that gets here.)
But hey, you got a good deal on a DSi, may as well go with it 3nodding If there's still a bunch of DS games you want to play (and the DS does have one of the best game libraries ever, while the 3DS is only getting started so far) then you're good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:25 am
Kitsune_rei
CrazyMuggleGirl

Honestly, I think they over-hyped the 3D thing on the 3DS. I didn't care about the 3D, so I thought that means I don't care about the system, and I think too many people thought that way. My friend got one, and then after playing around with it, I was convinced I did want it after all. It is still a step up with connectivity than the DSi, more powerful a system, and stuff like the new Mario Kart is pretty awesome online. Stuff like Streetpass and SwapNote are some of my favorite things about the system. It supports Netflix (and I heard later Hulu Plus?) and has some other little fun apps like the 3D Pokedex. The 3D is kinda cool, but I don't use it all that much. One thing that kinda sucks is eShop purchases are tied to system, so if you buy anything on the DSi you'd have to buy it again if you switch systems and want it later. You may also be kinda sad at missing out on some of the upcoming games for 3DS later (like the new Animal Crossing whenever that gets here.)
But hey, you got a good deal on a DSi, may as well go with it 3nodding If there's still a bunch of DS games you want to play (and the DS does have one of the best game libraries ever, while the 3DS is only getting started so far) then you're good.

Yeah, you definitely have some great points here. I think it would be nice to upgrade but I'm just not that much of a gamer so it would be a waste of a 3DS. I get too frustrated with games because I'm not good at them LOL. But I didn't know that it had Netflix! Woah! That's pretty awesome! I need to read what other features it has lol. I have to not get one at the moment though, funds are sucky right now and the outlook is not getting much better D= But the blue one is pretty. xD (I know I already said this. I'm repeating it because it really is pretty lmao) But Mario Kart sounds amazing! I played it on DS and it's a really fun game. =)  

crazymugglegirl

Chatty Shopper

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
Gaians of Florida

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items