Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[LOG] I am learning, I really am (Schatz Vormund & Montague)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 pm
Vor
"Monty. Monty wake up," Schatz Vormund said, prodding his brother with one paw.

The mostly-black cub who went by Vormund or Vor was staring at his sibling with a great deal of intensity, as though that would somehow be effective in waking Monty more quickly. And maybe it would. There were a lot of people who woke whether they wished to or not if a person stared at them in their sleep. He wasn't quite sure his brother was even asleep, but he didn't look like he was awake and Vor needed him to definitely be awake.

Actually, any of his siblings would have done in a pinch but Monty was the closest. Vor just needed someone to go with him as he went in search of their mother. As a safety measure the cubs weren't supposed to venture too far from the den on their own, and since Vor didn't know how far from the den their mother might be, he assumed it would be wiser to behave as though he would have to leave the nobles' quarters on the mountain.

"Monty," he said, growing more insistent with both tone and prodding.

Monty
The male twin was blissfully lost in a dream, happily skipping along the clouds and moon. It was a weird dream, sure, as most of his were. But it gave him something that made him happy, and sleep sometimes became one of his most favorite things to do. Though his sleep was cut short when he heard his name. He didn't really bother to listen until the last time his name was spoken. The urging behind it made him blink one eye open, and then another. His blue orbs turned up to look at his ebony pelted brother and he cocked his head.

"What on earth do you want?" He asked, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 pm
Vor
"I need someone to come with me to find our mum," Vor explained. "I've had a vision and I need to get her permission to find the person in it. I think they live up here with the rest of the nobles, but it's better to ask, yes?"

It was likely Monty was used to Vor making announcements like that by now. Vor was a seer who experienced visions fairly frequently and felt no compunction about sharing that fact with anyone and everyone, although he had always felt that what he actually saw in his visions was something private between himself and the lion - or lions - he saw. He did feel the need to share his visions with those people though. He felt they ought to know what he'd seen. Someday it might get him into trouble, but not yet.

"So will you come with me please? I think she might have told us where she was going, but I've forgotten."

Monty
He yawned again, tongue curling out from his maw as he groaned. His brother was always having those odd dreams.. The REAL kind of odd dreams where he saw things. He had been jealous of the talent at first, but over time he was happy he didn't have to invest as much energy as Vor in those things. He was a laid back kind of guy, who wanted to be a guard like his father. He wasnt sure how that would help him any.

"I don't know if she did or not. What if she gets here when we are gone? Then our searching is for nothing." He complained.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:57 pm
Vor
Vor considered his brother's point. It wasn't a bad one, but he suspected Monty had only raised it because he was sleepy and Vor thought Monty had gotten plenty of sleep. It was nearly midday after all.

"You sleep too much," he told Monty. "Guards aren't good for much if they sleep the day away you know."

He smiled at his brother to let him know that he wasn't really criticising him. So far he had not seen his brother's future, whether he would be a guard or not, and whether he would be any good at it, but as soon as he did he was sure to tell him. He was looking forward to seeing that. He liked to see what would become of his family in the future.

"But you could practice guarding as we look for Mum. I don't think she'll be back before we find her. That'd make it more interesting, yes?"

Monty
"I have good dreams. Some of them are of me being a guard. Maybe I have powers too." He said, looking at his brother and raising an eyebrow. Though he knew he didn't, it still didn't stop him from saying it. He knew his dreams were just that.. Dreams.

Truth was he had never thought of his brother seeing his future. He hadnt really understood what his powers had meant, and so he just knew it was strange dreams. He was still rather young to be so knowledgeable about such things.

He thought about it for a minute, and decided that maybe Vor was right. Maybe momma needed a guard, and if that was the case he would rise to the chance.

"Alright, Alright." He said, standing from his resting position and stretching out his body.

"Where do we even start?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:15 pm
Vor grinned. He didn't think Monty had the same sort of powers he did, but it would be all right with him if he did. Vor wasn't particularly jealous or possessive when it came to his abilities. He would have loved to meet more people who shared them, and maybe even learned from them so he could be more useful. Perhaps someday he'd even be able to induce the visions on his own and control who he saw. That would be really useful. The king would probably even find him useful.

"Maybe you do. But I bet they're more interesting than mine are. When you're a proper guard you'll probably be able to sense all sorts of things that the rest of us aren't able to. And kick butt of course."

Vor would be happy to train with his brother, but ultimately he suspected that being a guard was not in his future. Still, it would be good to learn to defend himself. And they could learn from their dad, which would make everyone happy he thought. It would be good to see more of their dad.

"We start...this way." He picked a direction at random.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:38 pm
He thought about that, and was sure it was true. He was a more confident cub when he was around his brother. That was for sure. He felt like he had more to prove than if he was on his own. And even though he was wishing he could go curl back up and sleep, he was happily right beside his brother.

"Why this way?" He asked, wondering if it was at random, or if maybe his brother had seen something. He never knew, and he was usually pretty nosy when it came down to it. A nosy guard? It was not unheard of.

"Okay, this way." He said, and picked up his pace to get right beside his brother. He knew that as he grew, he would grow closer to his brother, and the training from his father..Well.. He knew that hew as going to forever have a solid, happy home.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:43 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

"This way because it's probably the direction she went in, since it's the same way as our water."

That seemed fairly self-explanatory to Vor. Though he guessed Monty had really wanted to know if he had known which way to go because of his power. Even if he had known, Vor would not have used the knowledge unless they suddenly needed to find their mother in a hurry. He would have asked Monty to pick a direction. This was supposed to be an exercise in tracking, not "Vor telling people what to do."

Vor was not an especially stealthy cub, having been born to a class that didn't require him to sneak or hunt if he didn't want to, and furthermore having an ability that made him very difficult to surprise, since he was pretty good about picking up on things like that. He was happy to tromp through the foliage at whatever volume he happened to be, talking the whole time, but for the purposes of their game he made an effort to walk more quietly.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm
Princess_Feylin

Monty was stealthy. He had been training with his father, pouncing on random bugs and leaves to his heart's content. Father had said he was doing a great job. He was so inclined to believe him..after all, his father was always right.

"Makes sense to me, I guess." Monty responded, and smiled. He was all too happy to go and play games with his brother. Though he had thought this was a mission to find mom, not so much a game. He wasn't sure he was awake enough for a game.

Okay, yes he was. But that didn't mean he couldnt go back to sleep if he tried. Thankfully the clouds were blotting out the sun and he wasn't getting too hot.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:32 am
"Great. Wonderful. Fantastic. Let's go," Vor said, setting off at a pace that was probably much too hasty and noisy to be of any use tracking prey that didn't want to be found. He didn't care. They were looking for their mother for goodness sake. Of course she would want them to find her.
Buffy_the_Bloody
We could probably end this here if you wanted to.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces