This one user always puts things in an epic way Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:20 am
Asking her if you want to use any part of this would be nice.

I can't add anything else to it, it's perfect!

Lydia V Grey
Dear Gaia,

As a member of the customer base who regularly supports you, I feel I have been more than generous in overlooking flaws most businesses would not be allowed have without rendering themselves eventually bankrupt. Allow us to go over these flaws.

1. In spite of other successful websites doing a regular maintenance (typically quarterly) you have allowed your features to become or remain broken, nonfunctional/dysfunctional, and difficult to use. Your answer was a Spring Cleaning that ignored feedback for you to improve on particular areas...few of these fixes/updates were ever implemented. You strangely found time for rolling out new...albeit often dysfunctional and incomplete NEW features, which ultimately end up just as abandoned as your other features. Shall we name the broken, abandoned, and dysfunctional features? Games (every last one of them), towns, rally, guilds, video lounge, arenas, and housing. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head that do not see regular maintenance or updates (Fishing did have an update but still often glitches).

2. You have a lack of customer service. When your users come to you with questions or complaints about features they are often met with silence for prolonged periods of time and usually indefinitely. Not every situation requires a customer service representative but there should be one that looks in on various parts of the site REGULARLY particularly in the site feedback where most complaints get dumped. On the occasions when staff actually choose to respond it is a direct communication with individuals who have never had a lick of Customer Service education in their lives. This often results in miscommunications, abuses toward the staff AND customer. Customers should not feel as if the staff looks on them in contempt nor should they feel that they are causing trouble by making reasonable inquiries.

3. You produce substandard work and want to charge a first rate fee. When a customer pays to buy an item whether it is an EI, comes from a RIG, Bundle, or Collectible they expect the dimensions of that item to fit to the avatar you provide. An increasing number of these items do not. More than that, many of these items are left glitched with green goo, strange lines, and other anomalies that are NEVER corrected even after being promptly reported. In any other business if you would buy something defective they would either refund your money, give you a store credit, or provide you with a new working model. You do not one of these things and yet somehow your artists feel they are providing a service that is a cut above the rest. It is clearly not when held in comparison to your competition.

4. Delays happen in every business, however your projects are often regularly and unreasonably delayed. When customers complain of these delays they are told they need to be patient. Most are. However, these delays (whether it is waiting for products, features, events, or service) happen with such regularity that it becomes hard to excuse. If you cannot complete your projects in time then you should not announce release dates for them. This also exacerbates the problem of glitches, bugs, and incomplete features that never get fixed because you allow the problems to compoud making them more costly for you and more frustrating for your customers.

5. You are unreasonable with your EIs. CoP, Timmy, Catastrophe, and Owlpocalypse do not evolve with any reasonable timeliness. Yes Catastrophe and Owl are cheap, no that is not an excuse. Catastrophe would have been excusable because it was related that the evolutions would be irregular but going on more than a year is a bit long for anything. Timmy's evolutions were locked because you only released mini evos up until recently. CoP was a fiasco that resulted in you having to unlock all the poses because...well...it rarely evolves. This is a product that is time sensitive, people don't want to wait a year to receive a full and completed product unless they have been forewarned of such conditions.

You seem to be in the habit of blaming your users for their failing to adore you but in light of what I listed (and these are not small faults for any successful business) how can you blame them? You treat your customers as if they are the reason interest is not generated in your site and behave as if they are ungrateful but when you do not provide a good service how can you fault them?

Overall, Gaia, your customers have been more than willing to overlook most of these glaringly bad traits. They endure your abuses willingly. They wait FIVE YEARS for one item that you promised would be accessable with some work and you have the GALL to tell them that only 3% of them are deserving of Back Wings because the rest of them are not "hardcore" enough to use a feature that does not allow most people to create for the fun of creating and that you made difficult and unfriendly from the start?

You...have some nerve...you have also lost all forms of support I provide. Not because I want the Back Wings (because I have no use for such an item) but because your artists and your staff had the audacity to complain that the job was hard and therefore the customer should be made to suffer the consequence in spite of the many times I have seen the customer base praise them. Every job is sometimes hard. Many of them requiring more skill and effort. Many things, still, are a great deal harder than that. You will not get another red cent from me till you begin to actually start to behave like a business and treat your customers with at least an ounce of respect. The adblock goes on, the Cash Purchases Stop, No More Offers, and I will not participate in sponsorships...and ...I will write those companies to let them know what I think of you.

I have no issue with the artists having influence at Gaia. They should. But they should not behave as if they were asked to recreate the Mona Lisa or a Keith Herring when what the produce is the equivalent of last week's spiderman comic.

If they want people to show off their art then it should be accessible. Otherwise, they forfeit the right to complain about that. And anyone in business knows that you do not make your customers feel as if they are less important than your ego. Sales are made on making the customer feel special, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:30 am
Absolutely brilliant! heart  

Opera Phantom_95
Crew

Shadowy Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Ethelle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:54 am
I agree.

But the question is, will Gaia even bother to read that huge wall of text? They'll probably be like "TL;DR" or simply address to one-tenth (maybe even less) of that message.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:55 am
Ethelle
I agree.

But the question is, will Gaia even bother to read that huge wall of text? They'll probably be like "TL;DR" or simply address to one-tenth (maybe even less) of that message.

If it isn't praise for the artist I don't think it has a good chance of being read.

I am sorry if I sound like a b***h but Gaia created how bitter I am.

It is almost like all those artists on Deviant art that think so highly of themselves, that charge $50 for a lineart head shot banded together to make a site.  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:03 am
Keiko-Rin
I just feel the need to post my Two Cents here as well:

Right now, I feel this whole Alchemy thing is not so much about taking effort and working hard to obtain something as it just just happening to be flat out lucky.

If you look at the majority of formula, they require components to create that aren't obtained through any means of real "work" whatsoever - (Save for those very few obtained through zOMG) - the majority of components are found through sheer and absolute luck.
Daily chance, Giftboxes, Dumpster Dive - so far those are the only things known to grant Alchemy components, and every single one of those is based upon luck.
So far, I have not gotten a single Alchemy component from Daily chance or Dumpster Dive and not even from any Giftboxes or Trunks.
Just how exactly is a user supposed to "Work" for something, if that "Work" is based completely on luck??
That's actually something that's extremely pissing me off right now - How people keep referring to Alchemy as something Users have to "Work" hard for in order to obtain those rare items.
So far, Nothing about it seems like work to me whatsoever.
Unlike an MMO, where you have certain scenarios where you actually Work for your components/items - by going on quests, farming them from monsters until you have your required amount, searching for them in the overworld, etc - you know, actual WORK.
Instead, in order to create the majority of items on gaia through alchemy, you have to get Lucky.
Nothing about it is Work whatsoever. I could be sitting here for 50 years never being lucky enough to get granted an Alchemy component.
So basically- Either you're lucky, and you get granted components through Giftboxes, DC, etc - or you're rich, and you let other people get lucky and then buy the components off them through the MP.

Nothing about Alchemy takes true work or effort whatsoever, and that's what I dislike about it.

I honestly would really love to be a part of this project, and to participate in Alchemy - but right now all i can do is hope that the Devs or anyone else who is involved is at least listening and taking our suggestions to heart on at least making this system a little more reasonable.
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever putting a good amount of work into something I'm questing for... So long as my effort is actual work, and not just dumb luck.

What better way to get a renewed interest/Activity in Gaia towns, than to have certain Alchemy components appear on the maps while wandering, available to be harvested by players? For Instance some of the components such as Bloodgrass, Bindweed, Hemlock, Night Shade and Turf could be acquired through some dedicated searching, some rarer than others of course, but just like the way towns function as of now finding flowers, bugs and whatnot.
That way, players would legitimately be able to work for certain components, and it would add a greater sense of Achievement - knowing you actually worked to find your components, rather than just getting lucky enough to find one through the Daily Chance, etc - or having enough gold to just throw at the MP when someone else gets lucky.

The same could be applied to zOMG, having players able to find lets just say, some of the gemstone components by wandering in a cave area or something like that - and you could further still have monsters in the area drop certain components as well. So many of the components already look like monster drops that you might see in an MMO anyways, it makes like perfect sense to me. xp For example, fighting an Oni monster and having the possibility it dropped any one of the Oni components.
Honestly i can't see what could be better than that, boosting zOMG's popularity again as well as letting users feel accomplished and actually working for their items, instead of just getting lucky.

Anyways, that's just my feedback for the situation.
Honestly, Alchemy could be something extremely great on this site, if Gaia is just willing to give it the TLC it needs and Deserves.

Another quote I agree with.

This isn't a "work hard" system, its a LUCK system.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 am
Jayce Reinhardt
Ethelle
I agree.

If it isn't praise for the artist I don't think it has a good chance of being read.

It is almost like all those artists on Deviant art that think so highly of themselves, that charge $50 for a lineart head shot banded together to make a site.
No, no. At times like these, we need to sound bitchy. It's the only way. We already tried talking to them nicely, but they take it that we're "flaming" them. If I wasn't living on the other side of the country from their HQ, I would've went in and told them everything personally.

Didn't we get a new CEO some time ago?  

Ethelle
Crew

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 am
Ethelle
Jayce Reinhardt
Ethelle
I agree.

No, no. At times like these, we need to sound bitchy. It's the only way. We already tried talking to them nicely, but they take it that we're "flaming" them. If I wasn't living on the other side of the country from their HQ, I would've went in and told them everything personally.

Mike Sego, Hand picked by Craig Sherman

Muumuupie, that facebook guy.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 am
I love both statements, they are amazing! O:  

Mizuartsee
Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

FightDAHPowah
Crew

Avant-Garde Cupcake

13,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:23 am
THAT'S THE DRILL TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 am
Jayce Reinhardt

I don't trust him. (And what happened to Lanzer?)

If I knew Chinese, I would move to Gaia's sister site. How come theirs look a million times better? D: http://www.gonline.com/  

Ethelle
Crew

FightDAHPowah
Crew

Avant-Garde Cupcake

13,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:30 am
Jayce Reinhardt
Ethelle
Jayce Reinhardt
Ethelle
I agree.

So Mike Sego was hand picked by Craig... Sounds like it's time to call the us goverment to fix this  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:32 am
I've actually thought about moving to gonline several times for a while now.

At least they don't treat their users like ******** s**t.  

Goddess Trinity
Crew

Friendly Conventioneer

20,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 am
Ethelle
Jayce Reinhardt

If I knew Chinese, I would move to Gaia's sister site. How come theirs look a million times better? D: http://www.gonline.com/

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And backwings are in the GOLD shop there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:39 am
Jayce Reinhardt
Ethelle
Jayce Reinhardt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And backwings are in the GOLD shop there.
Everything expensive here is cheap there! They practically gave away our 03 MCs for free (in an event)! I'm feeling both jealousy and rage.  

Ethelle
Crew

Ethelle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 am
Tori Aichikara
I've actually thought about moving to gonline several times for a while now.

At least they don't treat their users like ******** s**t.
I know some American users that play on there even though they can't understand anything. XD

That place is heaven compared to our site.  
Not Hardcore Enough for Alchemy

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff