• Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:18 am

Name: Hester Anne Briggs
Nickname(s): Briggs, Babydoll
Sex: Female
Birthday: December 4th, 1997
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Gemstone: Blue Topaz
Origin: Lancaster, PA ; She's a mixture of German, Italian and Pennsylvania Dutch.
Bloodtype: A+
Height: 5' 10"
Bodytype: Thick; Fair Skinned (Normally), but goes Tanning Spring/Summer.
Hair: Light Strawberry Blonde; Long-Wavy Bob Cut with Bangs
Eyes: Topaz Blue
Fashion: Casual / Casual Cute ; Usually seen in Pastels or Bold Colors.

Personality Traits:
[+] Let Me Tell You Something; Straightforward - Hester believes that sugar coating things isn't the way to go. Honesty is the best policy and oftentimes the only policy that keeps others from being confused about the meaning of her words. To sugarcoat something is to dilute the meaning or understanding, and how are you supposed to make a precise point or give comprehensive advice if you're diluting the understanding behind it?
[+] I'm Like A Magnet; Socially Confident - Hester is a confident girl, holding her head high wherever she goes and speaking with a tone that drips with belief in her words and her actions. She believes that exuding confidence gains trust and respect for ones ideas. To believe in yourself is to be believed in by others. Not much can make Hester’s confidence falter, save for mention of her weight. It causes her to become confrontational, and she uses her straightforward words to deliver harsh verbal blows that make people uncomfortable at best.
[+] Healing Yourself Is Connected With Healing Others; Caring - Hester has a soft heart for others. Having grown up in a dysfunctional home that ended in divorce, she understands how one caring person can turn a terrible situation on its head and take it in a better direction. She offers a hand to those she can, an ear to those who need someone to listen and words of advice for those seeking it. She's not super-woman, but she at the very least tries. When it’s her own self that has caused pain to another person, she feels guilty and will attempt to make amends; however, if it’s a mutual “my bad” between her and another person, she’s only willing to try to amend it if they are.
[+] You Can't Do This For Me; Self-Reliant - Hester, despite her tendency to help others in need, hates being helped herself. Growing up she didn't have much help from others and had to make her own way relying mostly on herself. Because of this, Hester dislikes feeling indebted to others, but on the upside it's given her a driving force to prove she can do it on her own.
[+] The Glass Is Half-Full, The Sun Shines Brightly & I Have A Cookie; Optimistic - Hester likes to look on the bright side of things. She was in a bad place growing up because of her parents divorce and has vowed to herself never to look down that road again, despite how hard that may be. She knows the day she starts looking at things negatively will be the day she goes back to that bad place; however, don’t think that her optimism makes her someone who sees the world with rose-colored glasses. It means she looks towards the good and believes in the best possible outcome for the situation at hand. When it doesn't end up that way she reacts according to the situation like every person does.

[-] Let Me Tell You Something; Straightforward - Hester's belief in not sugar-coating her meaning or advice sometimes gets her into trouble. While she is caring, she is also a very bad judge of who can and cannot take the blunt reality of the situation. She finds herself in situations where her blunt advice or opinion may be considered rude and abrasive, leaving the individual she was attempting to help or speak to worse off than they had been or completely pissed at her. Hester doesn't intentionally try to upsets others, and when she has it usually upsets her because that was never her intent. Usually when they're upset, she attempts to console them, but if they snap at her when she was only trying to help she tends to snap back at them in an intentionally abrasive way.
[-] That's Money, Honey; Greedy - Hester loves money and expensive things. She can't get enough of it. Her greed doesn't stem from growing up poor, because Hester's mother and father did alright for where they lived. They didn't have everything, but they had what counted and a little extra. No, Hester's love of money stems from her mother's inability to be very outwardly loving and instead replacing the lack of that outward love with gifts. She was bought nice things in place of love and now Hester has a taste for it. She tries not to live outside her means, but Hester has been known to cut back on things to get her pricey pleasures. This includes not eating, or living off of cereal if it means the extra money for her pretty things. Hester has never stooped to illegal activities to gain the things she wants at that moment in time and she knows that if she does she puts her education at risk in the process.
[-] I Look Like A Stuffed Sausage; Bodily Self Conscious - Despite Hester's social confidence, there's one thing she is never confident about and that's her looks. Being a heavier girl, Hester always seems to look like a stuffed sausage to herself. She nitpicks constantly and asks her closest friends frequently how she looks in something. You'd never guess that the girl that commands such a presence when she speaks frets so fervently over her looks. Some might call it vanity, but how can it be vanity if you always think you look bad?
[-] I'm Fine; Self-Preserving - Hester's want to continue to be self-reliant is also a way for her to feed her self-preserving attitude. Her parent's divorce hit her hard during her teenage years and having to depend on herself most of the time made Hester very resilient to allowing others to get close to her or for her to depend on them. Even Hester's closest friends rarely get called upon for help. It's only when Hester is in a very low place or feeling truly out of control of her situation is when she goes crawling to them hoping for help.
[-] It's Not A Mole-hill, It's A Mountain!; Easily Overwhelmed - Hester has been known to bite off more than she can chew. Whether it comes to work, school or promises she's made for others, Hester has a tendency to occasionally take on more responsibilities than she should and it catches up to her emotional well being quickly. She feels crowded and that everything is out of her control from having to do everything herself.

Hobbies:
Reading (Teen Fiction/Fantasy): Hester has read teen fiction/fantasy from middle-school forward. It's her way to escape from the stresses of the world surrounding her. Her favorite author is Garth Nix.
Writing: Hester loves to write. From her inner thoughts, to random short stories and poetry. She took creative writing in high school and college to communicate the feelings she had kept hidden since her parent's divorce.
Knitting: Hester picked up knitting when she joined a knitting club with her friend in high school. She likes to make small things, and is not a fan of long-winded knitting projects. If she can't finish it within a few days, she doesn't start it.
Cooking: Hester loves food. She especially loves making food. She'll find excuses to invite people over just to feed them.
Partying: Hester likes a good party, and is quite the social butterfly at them. Moving from person to person talking or dancing. She doesn't normally drink a lot at parties, but she has had a few instances where she's drunk way more than she should.
Favourite Food: Chocolate Chip Mint Ice-Cream.
Least Favourite Food: Scrapple
Family:
Lawrence Briggs (Father) – A local truck driver back in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He’s a good man and outwardly loving to his kids and family. He divorced Hester’s mother, Ambra, over irreconcilable differences, many stemming from Ambra’s cold nature. He recently re-married to Hester’s now step-mother, Mary.
Ambra Costa-Briggs (Mother) – A local RN in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Ambra is a very determined and materialistic woman. She is not outwardly loving to her children, and replaces those affections with gifts and financial support if need be. She is not a bad woman, as she supported her children to the best of her abilities. Hester simply does not get along with her.
Antony Briggs (Brother) – Hester’s 19-year-old brother. From what Hester knows, he recently moved back into his mother’s house after being evicted from his apartment over the condition of it. He’s a smart kid with no direction and an entry-level job working nights at a local eatery.

School: Celeste Community College ; Can only afford to go part-time.
Grade: Junior Year ; Studying for Bachelor's in Psychology, Dual-Majoring in Social Work.
Favourite Subject: Art History
Least Favourite Subject: Mathematics

Job: Hester works full-time as a Shift Manager / Barista in a small privately owned coffee shop called "The Double Shot" in the Meinke Women's Hospital.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 am

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 am

Senshi Name: Sailor Kaus Australis, Senshi of Herbalism
Name: Hester Anne Briggs
Power Source: Herbs
Alignment: Good

Weapon: Wooden staff with a large knots at the top and a smaller knot at the bottom. Staff used for beatings. Top of the staff has holes in it where the herbs used in her attack or defense sprout from.

Normal Senshi Transformation Call: Kaus Australis Power, Make-up!
Super Senshi Transformation Call: Kaus Australis Star Power, Make-Up!
Eternal Senshi Transformation Call: Kaus Australis Crystal, Make-up!

Normal Senshi Attack: Blessed Salve - [Support]; A mixture of herbs that relieves pain, inflammation and boosts energy. Can only be used on one person at a time and must have direct contact with the mixture from Kaus Australis’s staff. Potency of the move is based upon Kaus Australis’s own health standing as it takes energy to cast properly. Cool down of 3 posts, can be used 2 times a battle.

Super Senshi Attack: Sand Man – [Offensive]; An offensive move using a combination of lavender and chamomile to render the intended target drowsy and sluggish. Direct contact of Kaus Australis’s staff is required. Effectiveness is dependent upon the victim’s current health and how long they were exposed; lasts 3 – 5 posts depending. Cool down of 2 posts. Can be used 3 times per battle.

Eternal Senshi Attack: Heat Riser – [Defensive]; Using a combination of potent, often times spicy, herbs the user creates a thick cloud of dust that lingers in the air and stings the eyes. Ranges 10 to 15 feet from the user, unless there’s wind which carries it farther. The dust cloud lingers in the air for sixty seconds, giving the user and their teammates time to take flight. If the user and their teammates linger there longer than the sixty seconds allotted, they also begin to suffer the effects of the herbs. The eyes must be washed out after contact or else the burn lingers for hours. Has a duration of 3 posts. Cool down time of 3 posts, can only be used 1 time per battle because of potency.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 am

:: Civilians ::

Ignacio Araya - Funny freckle-faced guy, although lately it feels like all the life got sucked out of him. I guess that happens with near-death experiences. He's not bad, I don't agree with him all the time though and I think at times his priorities are skewed.

Dorian Spencer - Quiet, nervous man. He was concerned enough for my well-being on the beach to follow me and try to help me. In turn he got dragged into this mess that is our lives now. To be fair to him, I told him everything about what's been going on. He has the right to know and protect himself. He seems kind enough.

Dmitry Dupri - Mistakes happen. He was a fling that turned into a bit of a problem. I don't think he's a bad person, but I don't think he has control of himself or his life either.

Arra Bell - Ignacio's boyfriend. I haven't had much contact with him, but he seems to be a little stoic at times. It could have just been the hospital and the circumstances, though.

David Renden - Shy, easily flustered, but fun and a good companion. I met David many months ago and we had casually gone on a date or two before the Veteran's Park incident. After that I stopped talking to him. Partially from business, partially from embarrassment and shame. As fate would have it, we found each other again under skewed circumstances, now we're dating and have been officially a 'couple' since Valentine's Day. He cheers me up sometimes.

Jared Renden - David's hot brother. Not that David isn't hot... they're all just hot, ok? I've had limited contact with Jared, but he seems nice enough and he's funny too.

:: Senshi ::

Encke - Ignacio's super-hero guise. I've never actually seen what he can do, I've always been elsewhere at the time, but from what I've heard he's quite powerful and rather fast. I'm not afraid of put-off by it through. He's just a man, and he has a moral backing so there's nothing to concern myself with.

Ara - Back when people were being kidnapped, I patched up her shot-up leg. She seemed nice enough, and humored Liliana's antics while I worked. I haven't seen her since.

Kraz - He's the b*****d who ripped open my neck and walked away with sore testicles. Apparently he's on our side and was possessed. I'm not convinced of it, though. He was going to murder children... not hurt them, outright murder them.

Writanen - She seems like she's Encke's second? She's a short teen, but she's alright. I'm not entirely comfortable with her being there. In fact, I'm not comfortable with anyone under 18 being there, but I can't stop her.

Rastaban - Dmirty's guise. He needs to put on more clothes and get an attitude adjustment. I haven't seen him in awhile.

Aquila - Feather clad and bird-brained. This one is a lot of talk about nothing. Apparently she's stronger than I am? I don't see how it's useful if she's too busy being philosophical over my my dismissal of introducing myself. David doesn't like her. I can only guess why...

Polaris - She's a murderer and psychopathic from what I gather. The things she's done, they're unspeakable to some and hard for me to articulate. I just want to drive a knife through her forehead.

Cepheus - He was there with Ara. Seems ok.

Chur - David's guise. His whole entire outfit is orange and reminds me of a crab, which is funny considering his power-source. He's also ridiculously strong when powered up. He's like the Hulk.

Canes Venatici - Don't know her. Seems young. Not pleased.

Inferna - Don't know her. Talks a whole lot. Seems to lack tact, wouldn't say she's bad though.

Adhara - I don't know her personally, but I recognize the voice. She screeched over the intercom once and I almost wanted to cheer her on over it, but it wouldn't have made the situation better.

Thuban - I don't know him, but he has nice facial hair and a nice body.

:: Knights ::

Amethyst - Met him while tending to Ara. He knows Cepheus, and Kraz. He's a healer, and seems ok, but what's he doing around Kraz? Does he even know what that a*****e did?

Azurite - This is Encke's knight. I've seen bits and pieces of her, but never met her in person. Something seems amiss between her and him.

Dravite - I met him once on a stroll. He acts like he's Adonis, and his pick-up lines are so cheesy I'm becoming lactose intolerant.

Tanzenite - I don't know them personally. Seems ok.

Zaratite - I don't know them personally. Seems ok.

Sardonyx - I don't know them personally. Seems hyper.

:: Guardians ::

Drannan - I don't know how to feel about him. Something is familiar, but at the same time it feels like foreshadowing to something bad. He's hot, although now that I think back on it I should have punched him square in the face for taking a ride on my breasts. I haven't seen him in a long while...

Liliana - My beast of burden, or my fluffy lap warmer. It depends on the day. Liliana brought being a senshi into my life, but despite that I still care about her a lot. She's been the only one really there for me for a long time, which sounds weird about a cat, but it's true. She knows when to make me feel better, and when to be tough with me. If she wasn't here I think I'd be very lonely.

Bain - A very kind and caring rabbit guardian. He's always so optimistic. I'm envious of it at times, because I don't honestly think I could be like that despite my efforts.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 am

* = Completed
# = Abandoned

[PRP]

8/24/11 - I\'m Going To Kick Dewey\'s Decimals - Hester/Zaid
10/5/11 - Coffee Trip - Hester/Quinn
10/31/11 - Even The Cold Blooded Like Warmth (BACKDATED) - Hester/Drannan*
11/8/11 - Happy Birthday - Hester/Hunter#
4/24/12 - Herding All The Crazy - Hester/Tanya
4/27/12 - Happiness Is A Purring Cat - Hester/Liliana
5/2/12 - Past To Present Games - Hester/Drannan
7/26/12 - Into The Rabbit\'s Hole - Hester/Liliana [AWAKENING](BACKDATED)
7/31/12 - Red Threads Are Ironic - Kaus Australis/Dravtite (BACKDATED)
8/19/12 - If Jack Can\'t Heal Ya, Maybe I Will - KA/Dran
9/07/12 - Knitters United - KA/Bain
9/19/12 - Different Circumstances - KA/Rastaban
11/26/12 - Training The Newbies - KA/Writanen (TRAINING RP)
3/5/13 - Gritty Reminiscence - Hester/Dorian*

[ORP]

10/27/11 - The Northward Wind Blows...*
5/26/12 - Goblin Youma -- Grunt Work*
7/7/12 - Opening Day!*
7/31/12 - [Skatepark] Searching Stoke Lab!*
8/11/12 - And Then There Were...*
10/11/12 - To The Core Of The Problem*
10/23/12 - Emergency Ward, Floor One*
1/10/13 - Explosive Waves*
3/25/13 - Know Thine Enemy*
5/20/13 - It\'s a Masquerade, A Love Parade*

[SOLO]

8/4/12 - It\'s Puberty Again*
9/22/12 - Cat or Mouse?*
12/19/12 - Marred*
7/11/13 -And A Key Ring*

[BATTLE]

7/28/12 - My Planet Hell - Kaus Australis/Aquila (BACKDATED)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 am

Someone Like You - SafetySuit; Lyrics
Savior - Rise Against; Lyrics
Stutter - Maroon 5; Lyrics
Never Gonna Leave This Bed - Maroon 5; Lyrics
I Get Off - Halestorm; Lyrics
Familiar Taste Of Poison - Halestorm; Lyrics
I\'m Not An Angel - Halestorm; Lyrics
Jamba - Anjulie; Lyrics
The Heat - Anjulie; Lyrics
Cut Both Ways - Automatic Fire - Lyrics
Whipping Boy - Automatic Fire; Lyrics
The Boy Who Accepted The Star - Joe Hisaishi; Lyrics
Dance In The Dark - Lady Gaga; Lyrics
Teeth - Lady Gaga; Lyrics
Death To Los Campesinos! - Los Campensinos; Lyrics
A Thing For Me - Metronomy; Lyrics
Wish I Had An Angel - Nightwish; Lyrics
Stuff Is Messed Up - The Offspring; Lyrics
Ave Mary A - P!nk; Lyrics
Family Portrait - P!nk; Lyrics
Please Don\'t Leave Me - P!nk; Lyrics
One Foot Wrong - P!nk; Lyrics
Indestructible - Disturbed; Lyrics
Scars - Papa Roach; Lyrics
Sometimes - Papa Roach; Lyrics

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 am

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:16 pm

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:25 pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:51 pm

To Super Senshi:

★ 7 solo entries- min. 500 words each; 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
★ 8 regular rps - min. 750 words each; 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -6 - 7 - 8
★ 4 battle rps - min. 750 words each; 1* - 2 - 3 - 4
★ 1 Open RP - min. 500 words; 1
★ Awakening RP with a Guardian - min. 500 words; 1*
★ One training RP with Lan or another senior senshi - min. 500 words; 1*
★ Minimum one (1) month since last power-up

* = Incomplete

RPs indicated with a strike through were fulfilled through use of staff credits.
All RPs must be concluded to count, even if word count is reached.

*Reminder to myself that I do not have to do an Upgrade RP as more requirements cannot be placed on characters after their win as per B/C Rules.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

13,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150