Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]
[Meta] Visions of the Future (Zimwi x Bilisi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:24 am
Aaaah. This was the life. No more would Bilisi wonder where she'd put her head at night, wonder how long it would take to eat, or worry about lions attacking. Sure, the skull-den she had wasn't that great, but it was better than nothing. It seemed that the rest of the rag-tag group Zimwi had gathered were settling in nicely as well. Bilisi had to remind them that it was because of her sister that they made it here: a place of relative safety.

Stretching as she shook herself out of a sleepy daze, Bilisi wondered how her sister was doing. A stable home could be helpful, but it might also be harmful to the 'gifted' old hyena. The old golden-eyed twin hoped that she was stable enough to appreciate it, but still continuing these visions of her's.

"Where is she..." The voice of Bilisi was surprisingly deep, a reason why she didn't like to speak much around anyone but her sister.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:49 am
Zimwi was not a cheery looking creature by any means, but her normally stoic expression was tainted with darkness. It shadowed her eyes and tugged the corners of her mouth down into an almost pained grimace. A pale tooth jutted from her jaw as she curled a lip.

Visions.

Both a gift and a curse. A strange thing that tormented her and pleased her at once. But to hold the future in your knowledge. To know things that you shouldn't know...it was a responsibility. A big responsibility. And she knew that there were some who didn't believe in her word. What did they think? That she was lying? It was hard to decipher these visions! Surely she could be forgiven any mistakes.

This time, however, the vision had been clear and she rounded rocky crevice and lifted both ears in mild surprise.

Ah, there she was! Her beloved sister.

"Looking for me, Bilisi?" She grumped, sitting almost instantly to take the weight off of her old legs. "I've been...seeking a new vision." She hesitated, dragging her eyes across this new 'safe haven' of theirs. "I found one." And her eyes snapped back to her twin. "It...is not good. Not good at all, I'm afraid."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:08 am
Before she had heard the shifting of paws just on the other side of the stony, dusty lands, Bilisi picked at the ground with a claw. She didn't much like the way that the dirt clung to her fur, or the way that it could choke you if you weren't careful. It was best to avoid it, or her voice could crack even further if it sunk into her lungs.

Ears perked foward, she saw a form that mirrored her's, besides the littering of scars and those deep blue eyes. "Zimwi. What is it?" A twinge of fear crossed her face, but her eyes darted around them. Worried that someone may overhear before it was ready to be announced to all. Murmurings would be dangerous right now, just after settling into the pack.

"Was it...lions?" A word that was not taken lightly in these parts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:22 am
Zimwi's head seemed to sink back at the very mention of the word; her ears pinned, her eyes narrowed. Again her gaze seemed to flicker between her sister's face and random details of the landscape around them. Then, at last, she spoke again.

"Yes."

Her tail thumped against the ground, stirring dust. Her nose crinkled. "Those filthy, disgusting creatures!! We cannot stand for this. We cannot!!" Her voice had increased in intensity and then she slapped a paw across her own muzzle and hunkered down again. The last thing she needed was others overhearing this. Not yet, anyway. "They're going to cause trouble, Bilisi. I've seen it." She drew in a short breath and shifted closer. When she spoke again her voice was slow and quiet and deadly serious. "War. They're going to bring war to us."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:15 pm
Bilisi was a bit apologetic about speaking her thoughts aloud, but it seemed like it was needed. She didn't like to beat around the bush, and instead wanted delve right into the matter. Still...lions?

"War..." It was hard to believe, but many of Zimwi's visions seemed to have come true. Enough so that it was hard to ignore this warning. War would bring bloodshed to these lands.

"Did it follow us here?" she wondered. "I hope the consort will believe us." She drew closer to Zimwi, her body tense.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 pm
She nodded sharply, her eyes dithering again in her concern for this new, dark situation. "The vision was clear--as clear as they ever are. Dark times have fallen here, though I know not why. Perhaps they see the growing numbers of the hyenas here and seek to destroy the enemy before it grows too powerful..."

She curled her lip and snarled; savage and fierce.

"Lions are cowardly, beastly things. They will come and they will start this war and they will fight to kill. But they forget our strength and our hate." A dark ear twitched and she growled anew. "The consort had better believe." She snapped, twisting her head to peer around them. "If my word is not heeded, our blood will be spilled, Bilisi. If they use surprise as an advantage..." She trailed, pressing closer still.

"If the consort refuses to see reason...then perhaps matters will have to be taken into our own paws."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 pm
Bilisi had been a bit worried in the beginning, but now it was starting to make sense. The beasts had followed them while they roamed, that must be the reason for it. Her eyes darted around, a twinge of nervousness sinking into her mind. She didn't want anyone to overhear this. Tt may be better to aim towards an announcement of sorts, to catch the Consort off his feet if he claimed Zimwi a liar. No one would call her sister a liar.

"He must see," she agreed, a slight growl in her voice. "We must ready everyone for war, whether they believe us, you, or not."

Blood should not shed needlessly.

"Shall we go together, or you alone?" Bilisi asked her dear, dear sister.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:18 am
Zimwi hungered to pounce and grab this new information by the throat. And, once she had set her mind on something, it was near impossible to shake her loose. She was old and stubborn and convinced that her way was the right way. To turn around and tell her that this vision was nonsense, or perhaps that she had misread it, was an unthinkable thing. Calling Zimwi a liar had never been a healthy thing before and she certainly wasn't going to let that be any different now that they'd found a place to settle.

"I think there are some of them who would be happy to ready themselves for war whether they believed us or not." She grinned a little manically and then drew her thoughts back onto the task ahead.

"You always were better at reasoning with people, Bilisi. I think, perhaps, it would be wise for you to come with me when I deliver this news." She shifted as if suddenly uncomfortable and drew up her head to check to make sure they were still alone. "Shall we go now?"

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 pm
Bilisi's tail swatted her rump, back and forth continuously as she thought about what was going to go down. She was going to have to chose her words carefully. That, or make sure that there was a proper audience to make sure that the vision was accepted, believed, and put into motion.

"Yes, let us go, together," she said with a wild grin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:04 am
With an expression that came to as close as a smile as Zimwi's ever got, the old hyena got to her paws and shook the grey dust from her fur. If she had been alone, it was likely the others would have dismissed her long ago, perhaps. But with Bilisi at her side, things almost always went their way.

They were a good team.

"Very well." She continued. "Together, I think, it shall be done."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out