Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Centaurs Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A Centaur Themed Social Club 

Tags: Centaur, Horse, Animal, Fantasy, Role Playing 

Reply Roleplay HQ
The outsider (Modern / Forest) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 637 638 639 640 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm
Kire was busy looking though the book of his tribe. "I can see now. It seems my tribe was a tribe of leaders. A tribe to lead the other tribes in the right and peaceful direction. Other tribes were glad of their leadership skills and some tribes idolized them for making their tribes thrive. But the firemane never liked them. They didn't like others telling them what to do. I'm sure that wasn't the only reason for attacking them."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:36 pm
"Well, the Firemanes have taken that role for themselves now. I could see how that would cause conflict. If your father was trying to make a peace with the humans, then he would effectively be speaking for our race as a whole. Then other tribes would look to him; it would be a powerful position." She sighed deeply. "What a horrible thing to kill for. Could you find anything about the missing book? Or maybe what was written in it?"  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:44 pm
Kire sighed. "It's clear that firemane aren't good leaders since they can't command without fear, lies and violence. Also they must have really hated my father's idea to make peace with the humans. That might be a reason for the attack. But it doesn't say anything about the book. Anyway, what were you saying? Something about outside a border?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:52 pm
Clover could not agree more with that statement. "About the book? Well, if this is the right place, then I do not think the Firemanes would have found it. The forest is not a big as it once was and this part is now what we would consider the human's territory." She glanced over to him; eager as she was to see this through, the idea of leaving the forest still scared her a little. "It would be the perfect hiding place. No one would go there to look for it. That my also explain the human from the riddle; maybe it was a real human, not a metaphor."  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:00 pm
"Why would it be considered human territory?" Kire then stopped and smiled a bit. "Then I can call father Alan to send his team there to help us. Since no centaur go there it would be safe. The question is what about you? Would you still go with me there outside centaur turf?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:08 pm
Clover shrugged, "anything outside the forest is human ground and we were always told to stay clear. Our fear keeps us behind the tree line. I was told the most awful stories when I was a child and I never really questioned them until now." Clover let herself smile, "it is a little funny that we are concerned for our safety with humans just as they are concerned about us." Her laugh was nervous. "I will go with you; I told you that I would do anything to help and I meant it. I am a little anxious about crossing the border," she admitted.  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:12 pm
Kire smiled back. "I'm glad to hear that. I can call Father Alan when I'm able. Now the only tricky part is making sure the firemane doesn't know about this."

Just then another centaur came up. "Excuse me, are you miss Clover? Your fiancee is outside wanting to see you."

Kire groaned. "What? Yucca is here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:18 pm
Clover did not vocalize her displeasure, but her body tensed in annoyance. She pushed the map book away as not to reveal what she was doing. "What does he want? And where is he?" She looked at Kire, trying to give him a just-a-moment-while-I-deal-with-this look.  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:27 pm
Kire was keeping his dislike of Yucca to himself but having trouble keeping himself from smacking him in the face. He just acted like he was reading a random book.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:39 pm
Clover stepped out of the records hall and looked around, but she did not see Yucca. "I do not really have time for this," she complained. "If Yucca wants me, then where is he?" She crossed her arms and exhaled sharply.  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:53 pm
Kire followed her. "I don't like this. Why would that guy say he's here and.....?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:06 pm
Yucca walked silently from behind the records building to catch Clover by her arm. She gasped more out of surprise than pain. He hissed into her ear, "the entire village cannot help but notice how much time you are spending with him. Remember who you belong to!"
Clover took a small step back just to put some distance between them, but not enough to make it seem like she was trying to escape. "He is Horsetail's second apprentice; I am helping with his training." She kept her eyes down to show submission and her tone calm and innocent.  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:10 pm
"Excuse me? Belong to? You make it like she's property. Do you even love her at all? What's the big deal if she's helping someone out with his studies of healing?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:23 pm
Clover gave Kire a warning look, hoping that he would not get involved. Yucca would hurt him and not feel guilty about it.
Yucca narrowed his eyes at Kire. "She is promised to me, she is mine. I love the prestige she will bring me. You may study with her, but nothing else. I will not allow anyone to get the idea that you and she are anything to each other." He sneered, "unless of course you want to fight me for her."
Clover looked up, "that is a Firemane tradition." Her tone was almost accusing. Her words got the result she wanted, when Yucca released her arm and walked away with an angry glare at Kire.  

Duchess Marie

Amateur Visionary

Reciter5613

Clean Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 pm
Kire glares back at Yucca as he walked away. He turned to Clover. "Tradition? I haven't heard that. You know you said your arrancement is what keeps firemane from harming your tribe. But is that really true? How do you know they won't attack anyway?"  
Roleplay HQ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 637 638 639 640 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games