Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
anyone ever make your own type of craft? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trusty Shamrock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:02 pm
hey! i been makin my own kind of witchcraft instead of usin the kind i read about and since then most of my spells have been workin 3nodding so its super excitin heart
i was just wonderin then if any of you have yur own traditions or rules or anythin and what they were 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 pm
A very wise woman once told me that there are as many ways to practice the Craft as there are people who practice it. If you've found the way that works for you, thats amazing. Keep developing what you've learned and always walk in the light.  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Trusty Shamrock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 pm
yup yup thats what i keep hearing too! 3nodding a lot of things say to do just what feels right ninja SO i was wonderin what kinda stuff that you guys came up with 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 pm
Nothing special.

I'm slowly working on a ritual which will call on Hera to protect my mother from my cheating dad's harmful influence. He's... not been very kind these last few years, and it's taking it's toll on her. If I can help her, even if she doesn't know it, I'm happy.

Whats the point of practicing the Craft if I can't help the people I love most?  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:19 am

Most people here have formed their own path and made their own craft. Its rather common for most modern witches and neo-pagans to do. And even those who follow pre-established paths still write their own spells instead of using those that they get out of a book. Spells are work best when they are tailor made for the one casting them and the reason/situation for which they are being cast.

Also, spells are actually a very SMALL part of witchcraft.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:22 pm
Exactly!
If you ever mention you practice, people's fisst thought goes either to "This person is doing things they shouldn'', because magic is evil" or "This person is crazy because the think they can do magic".

The point of it isn't to do spells or curse people.  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Little Batwing
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm
Glad to see your own form of witchcraft is working so well for you!

So far I'm making my own path and practices as I go along, learning new things and trying out what ever seems right to me. It's a nature-based, eclectic path, but so far there isn't anything too specific about it, other than using my own custom-made spells.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:37 am
Making your own path to follow seems to lead to more spiritual enlightenment =]

I am currently trying to study general "shamanism", hedgewitchery and kitchen witchery. I hear the first two are very similar so I'm quite excited =] I have a feeling my path will have something to do with those three lol  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:04 pm
Luna_Tuna_Bear

I am currently trying to study general "shamanism", hedgewitchery and kitchen witchery. I hear the first two are very similar so I'm quite excited =] I have a feeling my path will have something to do with those three lol

When you say your studying "general 'shamanism'" what exactly do you mean?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 pm
Renkon Root
Luna_Tuna_Bear

When you say your studying "general 'shamanism'" what exactly do you mean?

Basically what I mean is that I know term Shaman refers to a role to a medicine type man or woman who hail from a specific tribe of Siberia. When I say general Shamanism I'm talking about the medicinal and spiritual practices of tribes medicine men/women who had the same kind of roles as actual shamans...if that made any sense whatsoever XD  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:16 pm
Makes sense.

I'm learning something akin to that. Native American Medicine is an old and powerful magic, and I'm looking forward to learning more about it. I've already done some digging, and I know that the Elders who mastered it were... very impressive people. I got to meet a Medicine Man when I was in Alaska, and it was... almost unnerving. It was like... he looked through me, and I almost didn't talk to him because it was a powerful feeling. I'm glad I did, though. I learned a lot about my roots, like the totems that my tribe identified with, and the spirit that was my current guide.

Raven. Bad a**. In Tlignet lore, the Raven is a very powerful spirit.

Interestingly, the Elders teach that Raven was once white as snow. According to legend, he snuck into a smoke house to steal some salmon, and got locked in by accident. When he was let out, his feathers had become like ash.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:10 am
The Greeks had a very similar story about ravens, although I believe the story was about crows that were once white, I would have to look up the myth to be sure.

I wish I could meet a medicine man, especially on Native American decent. I have some N.A. blood in me, but it comes from my father's side and he isn't apart of the family so I have no one to ask what tribe the bloodline comes from.  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 am
Ah, that can be tough.

My family has been deep in it's roots for a very long time, but sadly, my Great Great Grandmother had all of the native cut out of the family...

Back then, where she lived, there was a lot of racism still going on against indians, so she made her kids speak english, and got rid of all the things from their tribe. I know she was just trying to protect her kids, but now I have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the meager bits of information I can...

All I know is that my family was important in a tribe that no longer believes in the Old Ways or the spirits... I hope some day I can revive them in my children.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:13 am
=] That would be very nice. I'm sorry your Grandmother had to do that =[ People can be so cruel to one another

Can't people hire someone to help them find out their family tree? lol  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:27 am
Yeah, but I don't know if the tribe kept any kind of official family line records.

Also, if I decide to teach my children the Old Ways, I doubt my mom will talk to me... which is why as soon as I get the chance, I'm moving to Alaska.

I'm cutting all ties, before I get hurt by them for being what I am.  
*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff