Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sonic the hedgehog665
Vice Captain

3,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 pm
Hello Sonic fans, I just got a new issue of Nintendo Power and on the cover is Sonic Generations i have info on it and im here to tell you.

Well, When i read this i saw this

"Sonic,I Don't Hate You Anymore.
Sonic when you first burst onto the scene bragging about blast processing.I kinda hated your guts.For me, no other platformer came close to the Super Mario series. So when some friends suddenly sided with the new Sega Genesis poster boy, I took it personally. And then when someone insisted that Sonic The Hedgehog was better than Super Mario World, I got downright angry. How could the deep complex gameplay of a mario masterpiece possibly be outclassed by a game that uses only three buttons that all do the same thing? Years later, you almost had me with Sonic Adventure and its tempting Dreamcast graphics, but the dark days of slumping sequels and countless hedgehog clone characters soon followed, and i was happy to watch you tumble from the top.But then you kept falling...and falling...and finally,when it seemed like everyone was turning against you,I couldnt help rooting for the underdog. My support must have given you a boost, because your subsequent games got so much better and better,from the decent Sonic Unleashed to the outstanding Sonic Colors. And I'm pleased to say that I've enjoyed your return to glory much more than your fall on grace. Happy 20th birthday, Sonic. if Mario can shake your hand at the Olympic Games, then I suppose I can too. ( Super Mario World still owns you, though.) " - Chris Slate

I hate Mario sorry Sonic is the best their is so take that Chris -_- but im glad some anti-sonic fans are starting to like sonic. please share your thoughts on this story.

here are the questions and answers for sonic generations:

What was the inspiration for the core idea behind sonic generation-to revist stages from throughout the history of the series as both classic sonic and modern sonic?
Takashi Iizuka- "When we started thinking about creating a 20th-anniversary title, we decided that instead of simply releasing another new action game, we wanted to make a game that could only be done on such a special occasion. Once we made that decision, we began to think about how we could condense all 20 years of sonic history into a single game."

Can you tell us a little bit about the story behind the game and how the two sonics have come to team up? does the Nintentdo 3ds game follow the same story as the console versions?
"A mysterious life form-which is a new enemy in the game-erased time and space, sending modern-day sonic back to the past. That allowed modern sonic to meet his own past self. there are some differences in the story between the console and N3DS versions, but they're fundamentally the same"

And now....THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT SONIC THE HEDGEHOG......
MEMORABLE MUSIC: starting with the screen for the very first game,this series has always featured tunes that crawl into your head and stick with you forever. Rumor has it that even Michael Jackson has contributed to that legacy.

SPEED: everybody loves to go fast

GREAT PLATFORMING: dispite widespread notions to the contrary, however, speed's not all sonic has going for them.

SOUND EFFECTS: jumping. picking up rings. swallowing air bubbles. sonic fans can hear the sounds for everyone of those actions in their heads right now

ASSORTED WEIRDNESS: sonic's universe gives the mushroom kingdom a run for its money when it comes to bizarre stuff.

SPIN DASH: the spin dash was the first move that sonic added to his repertoire,and it's still our favorite. It looks cool, it makes a neat sound and it lets him smash through walls like Kool-aid Man. what more could you ask for?

CHASE SCENES: what good's a character that runs really fast if he doesn't have stuff chasing him from time to time?

....And 5 things we dont like
BAD GIMMICKS: was anyone really clamoring for sonic to turn into a werehog or wield a sword? ( I LOVED IT WHEN SONIC TURNED IN A WEREHOG! AND WHEN HE HELD THAT SWORD!! >B( )

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ( 2006 version): Forget the fact that the game is an utterly broken mess that would embarrass even lesser mascots like bubsy. its real crime is forever burdening us with the image of an anthropomorphic hedgehog kissing a human girl. we can't scrub our brains, sega! ( i couldnt agree more )

GUNS AND MOTORCYCLES: yes, shadow, we get it. you're badass. but can you please trade in that chopper for a hybrid? you're ruining our blue skies. ( AND HE'LL STAY BADASS! >( )

BAD DIALOGUE AND VOICE ACTING: lots of games have suspect dialogue,but the sonic franchise makes saturday-morning cartoons sound like shakespeare. at least things improved a little bit with sonic colors (THEY DID NOT >B( )

BIG THE CAT: we hate you, big. die in a fire, and take froggy with you  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 pm
YAY!

NEWWW GAAAAMMEEE! biggrin

... The dialouge was better in Sonic Adventure. Then it sucked. .____. I think the dialouge got worse, and I liked the voice acting. Eggman's actor is pretty good, the best one as far as talent goes, actually. xD

Sonic 06's story was pretty good, but blllaaahhh... that kiss. Dl

Sonic Colors was awesome. To bad I didn't beat it when I borrowed it from a friend. :/ But... meh. I wish Sonic would quit breaking the 4th wall in cutscenes. He is not Spyro, and I never want him to be.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I LOVE SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items