Submit

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm
Fireflight: Truth be told, these Phony designs are really very complicated for what we intend and the artist is not confident that he can do a good enough job translating them to Phony form. Due to that, it's unlikely that they're customs that would be picked up, even in RLC. If you'd still like to go ahead with the concepts, I can QC them, but please keep the last point in mind. Thanks!

Name: Spiderbite
Sidenote: I usually get Arani as a semicustom, so I'm very open to the artist's interpretation with her. The feline shown below is just one version of her that I've gotten. (Was actually the first, and was based on two color choices.)
Type: Unicorn
Body Black
Eyes: crimson
Hair: Black, long, with crimson streaks or tips
Cutie Mark 8D: a red 'corner-perched' spider web
Brief Character Description: Arani is a sweet creature, but has an unusual fondness for multipeds with more legs than she has, often found hanging around, mostly, spiders. When questioned about the positive potential aspects of this traited favoritism, she may snap and make potentially hurtful remarks about the asker's own interests. She may occasionally be seen toting one of the little arachids around either in her mane or tail, or on her nose, conversing to... Or... Perhaps with... It. Most phonies are too afraid to get close enough to either of them during these times to find out.
+ Ref pics where possible: Because I have a thing about how the art comes about for this character concept, I don't intend to provide any ref pics that might limit the artist's paw.
User Image

Fireflight: Arani isn't an acceptable Phony name, but Arachnid is! smile The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [auction/RLC or where stated], due to her Brush & Grow-length hair. [Also, not a QC issue but I can't make out what this line is actually saying: 'the positive potential aspects of this traited favoritism']

Basically, 'The positive potential aspects of this traited favoritism' is just a lengthy way to say 'what good can come of consorting with spiders?'

ALso... 'Brush and Grow-length' hair? WHat's that mean?

Fireflight: Brush & Grow-length hair is floor-length and longer, as you had in her hair description before I QC'ed this quest. Apologies, but the general idea of MLP names is no unique nouns [which is what Arachne, as a name, is] - common nouns and descriptors only, which is why I suggested Arachnid. Perhaps some variation on Spider, then?

This is the first time I've been held back by a name restriction... It's kind of annoying.... >,> Like... Terribly so...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fireflight: Spiderbite is acceptable. Since you've edited her hair to be 'long' instead of 'floor-length' like you initially had, I'm going to assume she is not Brush & Grow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Wrenchdriver
Type: Earth
Body A dull silver-gray, resembling a patchwork metal construction with rusty patches on some corners. The most noticeable piece is the 'Saddlestrap', who's lines are merely conveniently settled where the saddle would be. The saddlescrap would just be a strip of the 'metal' that sits in the natural saddlebend of her back.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Very short, frizzy mane in red, yellow, and blue (Streaks and Highlights, mostly). Tail long and smooth.
Cutie Mark 8D: A 'Skull and Crossbones', where the crossed bones are a wrench and a screwdriver, and the 'Skull' is a bolt or flat-cut screw.
Brief Character Description: Wrenchdriver can be a little short with most phonies, but her heart's in the right place... Stuck between that cog and the pin for that underoiled piece of machine. *points to a mess of mechanical equipment* She has a tendency to forget that others exist, and easily gets wrapped up in her work. Because of this, she often loses sleep while working, and winds up grouchy because of it. She claims her best friends lie in her toolbox. It is not beyond Wrenchdriver to give her tools and inventions names.
+ Ref pics where possible:
Cutie Mark (It's rough, but sorta gets the point accross)
A sample of the 'Metal Patchwork' pattern mentioned above (Does not have to be exact, is only a sample)

Fireflight: The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [laddered auction/RLC or where stated], due to her complex body patterning and non-normative eye colours. Just to let you know the patterns would be solid patches in our Phony style.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'solid patches', and I've never heard of a 'laddered' auction.

Fireflight: If you're still wondering, laddered auctions:
- In the B/C, it essentially means that there are 'rungs' of bidding. If the high bid goes to and past certain price rungs, then extra features are allowed and added. For example in lineart auctions, there's a base set of lineart for sale, and if it goes past a certain bid amount, then something extra like an additional stage is added. A laddered Gaia Gold custom auction for our shop would mean that features like complex patterns or accessories would only be allowed in the custom if the bid goes into the higher price rung for it.

Ah, okay. I've seen stuff like that. Mostly where when the auctions hit a certain bracket they add another pet design or cub to the litter or something. ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:12 am
Fireflight: This is relevant for your new quests:
Solid patches:
- unlike your pony-pics, where the edges of the patches are feathered/blurred/airbrushed, the patches/rust/etc we do are solid colours with sharp edges. Bon's patches are solid shapes, for example. So in the case your customs are picked, the results may not be what you had in mind.

Just to note also that since our ponies are based off plastic ponies with no hoof delineations, ours don't either, unless they're male with feathered fetlocks, or are specially edited for that. We will not CC, so if you have optional aspects, we will likely leave it out. If you feel strongly about it, you might want to just include it.

So here's some food for thought again, re-label the thread when you will. smile

Ah, okay. That makes sense, now. XD Flat coloring is fine by me. The feathery blurring is just my coloring style. ^-^ Thanks for clearing that up.

All I was thinking on the hoof colorations was like a color splotch in a convenient place, really. I know there's no hooves on MLPs. ^-^ It's just been a long time since I played with 'em. (The whole... Parents calling you too old for that toy, thing... ^-^; wink

Fireflight: Hooves-wise, those with 'hooves' of the same colour as their markings can probably have the convenient colour splotch [but not real hooves], but Rustbolt cannot since her hooves are not rust-coloured. The one way for there to be real hooves is for girls to have feathered fetlocks, but that would be laddered auction-type conditional because it's highly non-normative for girls.

Okay, so... I did some thinking... And drawing... And realized a few things.
A. The first post is crowded. XD
B. There's one more concept I wanna do.
C. Wrenchdriver is just too complex to go anywhere.
D. I wanted to draw ponies. XD

This is what comes of LETTING me think things over... XD

Wrenchdriver's not going to come around. She's just too complex for one phony.

Also: Mane and Tail designs are inexact, and meant only to display approximate length!

User Image
Name: Techscaliber
Body Medium gray with dark gray markings and hooves like a paint horse. (Spot locations on above image are inexact and open to interperetation. ^-^)
Eyes: Dusty yellow
Hair: Purple, with Yellow Streaks. A pixied mane and a bobbed tail.
Cutie Mark 8D: A yellow-handled screwdriver sticking out of a pile of screws
Brief Character Description: Techie, as she's sometimes called for short, has a fairly outgoing personality, and loves to meet other new phonies. An obsessive nature rests under the bubbly exterior, though. She LOVES to take things apart, just to figure out how they work, then put them back together. The only problem with this: She has very few inhibitions about using other people's things to do it. Mild kleptomaniacal tendencies that direction. She is, all in all, a kind phony, though, and will often thank, and apologize to, the phony or person she temporarily stole something from. Most of the things Techie likes to take apart and return to shape are small, household appliances, telephones, game systems, cell phones... Stuff like that.
EDIT: The Breadtie Tail-Ponytail Holder is planned as an accessory to get later. It is not required!

Fireflight: She would be first-level conditional due to her body markings, but I'm not sure on her name; we'll have to wait till I can talk it over with Jun. If you're hoping to enter her for the event, please PM me so we can settle it in time.

The body markings of paint patterns? Why does a paint horse pattern make it a first-level conditional? (And what's the difference between a first-level conditional and any other level?)

Fireflight: Not all horses were created equal. MLP by default are single-coloured, any more than that is a special feature. In real life you'd have to pay more for a pony with special features, and like that, you'd have to pay more for special features here as well. Once there is a non-MLP normative feature in a quest, it becomes conditional.

We have two levels of conditional approval. First level conditional can be acquired in special customs [auction/RLC or where stated]. Second level conditional, which Rustbolt is, can only be obtained via laddered auctions or where stated.

Fireflight: In any case, her name has been approved! The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [auction/RLC or where stated], due to her body markings.

User Image
Name: Rustbolt
Body Slate Gray, lighter gray 'Saddlepanel' plate and hooves. (Ref pic above.) Rust in blaze pattern and around the edges of the Saddlepanel. (Rusty patches elsewhere are optional.)
Eyes: Red-Green gradient
Hair: Navy Blue with Red streaks. Medium Mane, Long Tail.
Cutie Mark 8D: Wrench settled over a large Bolt
Brief Character Description: Rusty has a fondness for large mechanical things. Although she doesn't share her sister's zeal for taking things apart just to find out how they're made and which cog affects what function, she enjoys working on things. She can often be found working on cars, motorcycles, and mechanized objects around the park. A little shy, Rustbolt avoids contact when not working on something, but has been known to lively have conversations with thin air when under something heavy and broken.

Fireflight: The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [laddered auction/RLC or where stated], due to her saddle body marking, rust body pattern and non-normative dual-coloured eyes.

User Image
Name: Pallatetip
Body Chestnut brown with silver Paint Horse splotches and hooves
Eyes: Silver (She's Blind)
Hair: Long Mane/Tail, Light caramel with chocolte-colored tips
Cutie Mark 8D: A blue paintbrush sitting in a puddle of rainbow paint (Green paint can be substituted if rainbow's a pain.)
Brief Character Description: From the tip of her ears to the dirt in her plastic hooves, Pallatetip has a penchant for art, and sees most everything as some gradient of it, despite not being able to see at all. Before she lost her sight, she was a decent painter. She now paints by feel, with her hooves. It doesn't always come out as clean as it used to, but given the nature of her work, it's passable. Of course, the little phony hoofprints all over anything she paints, and any place she paints in, couldn't be cuter, but sometimes clash.

Fireflight: I'm assuming her name is supposed to be Palettetip, which would be fine as a name. Before I can approve the concept, I have to know how she lost her sight. Since all Phonies are genetically-modified products, she would not have been blind organically, and how she lost her sight affects how her eyes would look like.

I hate my firefox lately. /cry I had decent explanations up twice now, and firefox crashed. /cry

But my basic idea behind the eyes was a bad encounter with paint thinner that removed her ability to take light into her eyes by erasing her pupils. Was also maybe thinking a paint-drip sort of pattern in her coloration, like maybe the paint thinner didn't only get in her eyes or something. /shrug

Was a thought. ^-^

Fireflight: Uh, the Phonies aren't actually plastic, they're actual flesh et al after they pop from the blister packs. So she can't be blinded because her pupils were erased or anything like that - but she can be blinded by excessive amounts of thinner in the eye in the normal way that anyone is when they have toxic chemicals in their eyes. [Also, this is irrelevant, but any pupil that can be erased by thinner can be painted back...] Since they're not plastic, thinner-drip patterns resulting from the incident are also unlikely.

Otherwise though, I realised Jun and I have to think about whether the Phonies can actually be disabled, since they're ICly made out of regenerative nanites - i.e. damaged tissue will be repaired. If her blindness is a really important part of her concept to you, her owner would have to literally, ICly, request for her to be made blind.

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 am
Ruhane Chiisai
This is the first time I've been held back by a name restriction... It's kind of annoying.... >,> Like... Terribly so...
I understand your frustration, but due to the fact that there is such an obvious naming convention in the franchise, we would naturally be very strict with names. If you find this problematic, you might want to reconsider whether this is the right place for you, because the naming convention is a huge part of the shop and we will never compromise on it. If this is annoying you, imagine how it is for us to have to keep having to correct, recorrect and advise questers whose names do not fit the guidelines. Like you, we do not relish having to revisit a quest again and again and would love it if everything could be approved on the first try - this is why we beg cooperation from questers with the rules.

You might feel like we're picking on you, but we're not. It's just that the customs you're questing for require a lot of considerations.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:09 pm
Maxx D
I understand your frustration, but due to the fact that there is such an obvious naming convention in the franchise, we would naturally be very strict with names. If you find this problematic, you might want to reconsider whether this is the right place for you, because the naming convention is a huge part of the shop and we will never compromise on it. If this is annoying you, imagine how it is for us to have to keep having to correct, recorrect and advise questers whose names do not fit the guidelines. Like you, we do not relish having to revisit a quest again and again and would love it if everything could be approved on the first try - this is why we beg cooperation from questers with the rules.

You might feel like we're picking on you, but we're not. It's just that the customs you're questing for require a lot of considerations.

Eh. I'll get over it. ^-^ I don't feel picked on, I understand the reasoning behind it, and fully endorse it. It was just a little annoying because that's the name I've always given that pet-character. ^-^ I've fixed it.

Thank you for your assistance and the suggestion, but I'd like to stick around a little longer.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
Product Proposals | Quest Threads for Customs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items