Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Village of Upper Barnton ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:02 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Furious
I’m learning all your tricks: Let her worry...
I can hurt you from inside: Alone
I made myself a promise: Upper Barnton Countryside

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | U N S O R T E D | F I R S T Y E A R User Image

Morven didn't see it until it was too late. She gave a little gasp upon realizing that something large was coming towards her, and then she felt like the breath in her body had been knocked out of it. She hit the ground so hard her vision blurred and her ears rang. She didn't even know what had hit her, until she got a good look at the bared teeth and the wolfish face. But... the eyes looked human. They looked blue and human. She gave a small yelp of terror at the growl, too frightened to get angry, and then her eyes rolled back a little and she saw the full moon overhead. And then the pieces finally connected in her mind, and there were teeth in her arm and pain like she'd never felt before. She finally got the breath in her to let out a good, piercing scream, and determined to not just lay there while it finished her off, snarled and spat and thrashed wildly, small hands clawing at its fur, at its snout, though she doubted she was doing much damage, if any. She was so small, and it was so huge... I'm going to die, she thought wildly, I am going to die like my mother did and it hurts so much.

And then there was a yell of "Depulso!" and the weight and the teeth were ripped away, but there was blood and her hands were red and then something was dragging her up. That something was a someone and Morven recognized Newlyn's face, stark white in the moonlight and pinched with fear. She tried to tell her sister what had happened but the words were getting caught in her mouth and there was still that pain in her arm...

Then it was dark and the moon melted away, and she fainted.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

XxXDevil-Chan

((This takes place in a different area and at a different time than Mia's current plot.))

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:32 pm
I'm not yours, and you're not mine...
But we can sit and pass the time.
No fighting wars, no ringing chimes...
We're just feeling fine.
This is where we're supposed to be.
Sitting by a broken tree.
No tragedy, no poetry...
Just staring at the sky...

I like it here beside you, dear: Terrified
You're even more than you appear: !
And in the clouds my head is clear: Morven
Every time you say hello: Upper Barnton Countryside

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | S E V E N T H Y E A RUser Image

Newlyn was faster than her sister thought, especially because she'd taken Elsie's broom, and took off into the night sky like a large bird. She was just praying she wasn't spotted by any muggles, and kept away from any homes she could see that were still lit up. She'd hoped that with a view from above she'd be able to spot her sister and bring her back home. Really, Morven was too old to be acting like this, and it was dangerous for any child to be out alone at this time of night. You never knew what was out there, after all...

Which is why her heart stopped existing in her chest and jumped into her throat when she saw a large wolf stalking her sister. She flew as fast as she could, but she was no Quidditch player and no great flier to begin with, and she wasn't fast enough. When her feet touched ground just a yard or two away she heard Morven screaming and struggling, and something protective and furious welled up inside and she pulled out her wand and yelled a charm, and the beast was knocked off the girl. But there was blood, and she grabbed her sister by her shoulder, trying not to touch the bleeding wound, and dragged her backwards, somehow managed to get her on the broom, and shot up in the air before they had barely settled on it, because she knew she probably hadn't seriously injured the thing. Only then, once they were high enough to be safe, did she really notice the full moon. She looked down at the bite bleeding on Morven's arm, and felt her stomach turn over. "Oh no, no, no, no," she whimpered. "It can't have been..." But that hadn't been a normal wolf. Were there even any wolves around here? She doubted it. And it was a full moon... She could only come to one logical conclusion now.

SO HERE'S MY HEART, AND HERE'S MY MOUTH.

I could wait a thousand hours!
Stay the same in sun and showers...
Pick apart a hundred flowers!
Just to be quiet.
Tell me when you feel ready.
I'm the one, there's not too many.
Hold my hand to keep me steady...
Just to be quiet with you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:36 pm
User Image
                                        Bow made love to needy string
                                        In cooing fling - wanton whispers
                                        Fondled under pianissimos,
                                        Caressing callous hearts.

User Image
                                        ════════════════════════

Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ |♫| Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |♫| Aᴄᴏɴɪᴛᴇ Pᴀᴄᴋ

════════════════════════

Miles stood at the cleared lot of what had temporarily been his home. The Hawthorn family house had been demolished after the house fire, and he had lost quite a bit there. Now, a year and a half later, he was saying a final farewell to the family that had given temporary shelter to an orphan. He wrapped his arms around himself, thinking back on the crazy events that had led him there. Remy was gone to who knows where, and he doubted he would ever see the girl that turned him ever again. Miles scratched the back of his head, feeling the collar he wore around his neck. Had life really been that unbearable here? He had seen a happy and carefree family, and the only troubles they had were those they created for themselves, really. Nothing earth-shattering, from what he could tell. Though, from listening to Jason, Remy had subscriptions to issues, not just issues. Maybe that was why she left. Even after she had been hired for a position in the pros. That was a big waste, really.

Turning away from the empty lot, he strolled down the road, taking note of various homes around. He wouldn't be here again, not after tonight. Well, he doubted he would. Somehow the image of a dark-haired girl flashed through his head, and he smiled slightly to himself. Newlyn had just graduated, and she lived here with her sisters. Vaguely he wondered if she would mind him making a stop at her house, and the sixteen-year-old werewolf turned into that direction. Well, if nothing else, he was sure that he could say hi since he was in the neighbourhood, at least.

════════════════════════
                                        Thinking: Wonder what Newlyn's up to...
                                        OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And all in a work of musical art:
                                        Ephemeral stories, yarned of music
                                        Honed impossibly through her tones.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:07 pm
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Panicky
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: He has to believe me!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: Miles
While your smile is finally extinguished: Upper Barnton

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie was kicking up a cloud of dirt and spraying gravel everywhere as her feet pounded the ground. She'd just careened down a hill, and the only thing that stopped her from crashing right into the Miles was the fact that she'd slowed a little. As it was, she skidded to a stop before him, which might have been more comical if she hadn't been crying hysterically at the moment. For the life of her she couldn't remember his name, even though he was her house mate and she'd met and talked to him before. So Elsie stood there for a moment, gasping for breath and trying to calm the hiccuping crying noise she was making, before she remembered that this was Miles. She was in that second irrationally furious with him, because her sisters could be dead and here he was moseying along like he had no idea what was happening. Then it occurred to her that he did, in fact, have no idea what was happening. "Miles!" she blurted out, "You have to- he's going to kill Morven and he might have hurt her or Newlyn or maybe both and this is all my fault-" She cut herself off and forced herself to think. You have a brain, Elsie, use it. "Our father," she said a bit more slowly and less panicky, taking a deep, shuddering breath that made her entire frame tremble, "Found out that Morven- um, he's gone mad and he tried to kill Morven and Newlyn was trying to stop him so I ran to get help. And there was a lot of screaming and I think he used the cruciatus curse on someone." She was terrified that Miles might think she was the one who had gone mad and dismiss her claims, or worse, believe her and tell her they needed to contact the Ministry or something first. Or just ignore her and keep walking. She didn't exactly look too stable right now.

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Diamond Wales

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:23 pm
User Image

User Image
                                        ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Miles was pretty lucky his hearing had picked up a commotion before he saw Elsie, because the teen had slowed down before he realized she stopped before him. And, Merlin, was she crying? What? He took a moment to process what exactly she was saying before he paled considerably. Their father was doing what? How, why? The words careened around in his head before he grabbed Elsie's shoulders, ignoring for a moment that he was in fact a werewolf and thus likely to flinch at him for that fact more than anything else. He tried thinking, hating the fact that he was as lazy as he was sometimes, before he realized that there was something he could do.

"Alright, Elsie, lass, calm down. Try and see if you can get an owl, and send it to Jason Hill in Hogsmeade or something. You say it's back at your place? Or somewhere else? I mean, I can... Never mind, just let someone know right away. I'm going to try and see if I can help." Was he being stupid? Probably. Heading straight to the home of a known werewolf hater was probably a death sentence. But, Newlyn and her sister was there, and well, he wasn't going to let those two get hurt any more than they already had. Just what had set their father off that he saw fit to kill one of the girls? He didn't know the answer, though the fact that the newer girl that he and Jason had run into... Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Well, bullocks. This was getting messy, fast.

════════════════════════
                                        Thinking: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????
                                        OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:38 pm
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Panicky
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: He has to believe me!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: Miles
While your smile is finally extinguished: Upper Barnton

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie nodded obediently. Well, she was still good at doing what she was told, so maybe she had that much to be thankful for... She couldn't decide if she was being sarcastic with herself or not and realized it didn't really matter right now. "Okay," she said shakily. "I'll find an owl. Jason Hill, Hogsmeade. Got it." She glanced back up the road. "Our house... it's up there. You can't miss it. It's- it's sort of big." Wait, he was actually going to try to help? Well, if he had a wand on him maybe he could do something. That was sort of what she'd been hoping for. Perhaps it was selfish of her. She didn't care. Anything would probably help at this point. "Be careful," she said quickly. "And please- please try. I don't have anyone but them." What if he found them dead? Elsie was sure she would know, though. Wouldn't she feel something? They were so connected, she'd have to... she'd have to feel a part of her die too, right?

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Diamond Wales

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 pm
User Image

User Image
                                        ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Miles nodded and raced up the hill, not quite following Elsie's directions more than he was following his own nose. Which, if he was in any state to crack a joke, he would. Wasn't likely, however. Not when someone was possibly going to kill a little girl for being bit by a wolf. Yeah, that just ddin't sit right with him. Taking his wand out, he hurried as fast as he could, praying that Newlyn and Morven would be fine when he got there.

════════════════════════
                                        Thinking: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????
                                        OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:41 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Ariel
Mood
Irritated

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

The cool night air chilled Miranda's skin as she walked the streets of her home town...attempting to ignore the presence of her twin. In all honesty she was furious he had followed her outside after she had finished fighting with their mother, but he insisted that if she was going to wander then he would too.

So here they were, two 13 year olds walking around the streets of Upper Barnton completely unsupervised. Miranda knew that Ariel probably throught she was a moron. Honestly at this point she probably believed it herself. After all, she had no idea where she was going...just kind of wandering aimlessly until she decided to return home or until their mother came out and found them. God, she hated that woman. At this thought, Miranda cast a small glare at Ariel behind her, the boy seemed to not have a care in the world as he stared up at the night sky. Another thing she hated. "So, are we sleeping under the stars tonight Mira?"
                                                          She heard the male question, and from the tone in his voice he probably wouldn't mind that at all. Of course he wouldn't...optimistic jerk. "I don't know...Why don't you just go home? I'm fine." She muttered, shoving her hands into her pockets as she stepped into the next alleyway she saw to take a seat, wanting to rest her legs before she continued her trek to...where ever it was that she was going. She heard a small hmm of acknowledgement from her brother, he was obviously not planning on doing what she wanted him to do. He never did.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara Miakitty

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε ïṉτø α ƒlÿ
                                          ï løøќεḋ αώαÿ - ÿøυ ώεɾε øṉ ƒïɾε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ α сhαṉģε ïṉ ÿøυ, ïτ'ṡ lïќε ÿøυ ṉεṿεɾ
                                          hαḋ ώïṉģṡ - ṉøώ ÿøυ ƒεεl ṡø αlïṿε
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger hadn't really intended to stalk the two children. But, he could hardly be blamed. He was bored, had been out, and there they were, after all. Not especially interesting, but given his current lack of other options, he'd take what he could get. He had already fed for the night, so it wasn't as though there was anything better to do. He enjoyed the adrenaline rush, but drew the line at going after innocent humans for the sake of sport. And he wasn't gluttonous enough to feed again, and had enough of a conscience that if he did chase down a less-than-innocent human, he'd be obligated to drain them dry. He might not be so bothered by it, but tonight's kill had been almost depressingly easy. He was too young to kiss the sun, but nights like this made him understand why the old ones did it.

spaceHis heightened senses easily picked up on their conversation, and he frowned slightly. It was one thing to sleep outdoors, but this was hardly the place. Exposed, not far enough from civilization to be safe from... Well, there was no shortage of humans to hunt in the area, to say the least. And they were young. Barely teens, if he had to guess. He was very good at guessing. A hundred plus years of experience tended to do that. He was even more curious (and concerned, he'd admit; he had a soft spot for children, being on himself when he was turned) when the girl insisted that the boy return home and leave her to her own devices. Jaw set tight, he debated for a long moment, then sighed. He was bored, he might as well.

spaceVampire speed and a flair for the dramatic had him appearing before them as if from nowhere. If they were magical, such a thing wouldn't shock them much, although the silence with which he appeared meant he hadn't apparated, which would at least be odd. He didn't know if they were magic, of course, but it'd certainly be easier if they were. With Lore still lurking about investigating the disappearances (and murders), he hardly needed to get on the man's bad side by breaking the Statue of Secrecy. Never mind that he himself was not a wizard, and therefore shouldn't have been held to such a law.

spaceThe lanky figure straightened, arms crossing with his hands holding his elbows. He hardly cut an imposing figure, he knew, but confidence and a mysterious aura were usually all he needed to combat that.
                                          "It's rather late for such young ones to be out and about," he said, tone unamused, careful to watch his accent so that it wasn't so thick as to be incomprehensible. "Especially if they are intending to remain so. I suggest you both return home, Miss Mira. There are dark things lurking about." He arched a brow, curious. All things considered, he hadn't tried to scare them... yet. But if they were wise, they wouldn't force his hand. You never knew with children, though.

ï løøќ ατ τhε сɾøṡṡ, τhεṉ ï løøќ αώαÿ
                                          ï ģïṿε ÿøυ τhε ģυṉ - вløώ ṃε αώαÿ
                                          ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wнere - Wandering the Streets
                                          wнen - Past Midnight, Summer 2042
                                          wιтн - The Nolan Twins
                                          pronoυnѕ - He/Him
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Ariel and the stranger
Mood
Pissed

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miranda tried to not make it seem like she jumped when the stranger seemingly appeared in front of herself and her brother, that wasn't magic was it? Either way she focused a small glare on the stranger, of course some dumb adult would be the one to tell them to go home.

Hearing this stranger refer to her as Mira made her take a step towards them, her glare darkening. Despite not liking her brother all that much, he was the only one allowed to call her Mira. Though to this person she probably wasn't all that intimidating, despite her posturing and attempts to make herself seem bigger."Don't f*cking talk to me like you know me, you f*cking sh*t. We don't need your advice, so bugger off s**t for brains."
                                                          She was not in the mood to be chastised but some nose in the air assh*le. Honestly she wondered how this person had managed to sneak up on them. She was usually more on guard than this when they were out at night.

Miranda heard a sigh from where Ariel stood behind her and almost turned to snap at him too, but she refused to take her gaze away from the stranger in front of her. "Sorry. She doesn't like when people call her Mira. Her real name is Miranda and I'm Ariel." Listening to her brother she almost rolled her eyes, was he really so foolish to be talking to this person? Like they were his friend? This was ridiculous. "Shut up Ariel!"

As usual, Ariel ignored her and continued. "We should be fine out here though, we are just taking a break here. We have a place outside of town that we hide at when Miranda doesn't want to go home." Miranda couldn't help but wonder why wouldn't her brother shut his big, stupidly gullible mouth?

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara Miakitty

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger wasn't sure whether to be amused or annoyed at the girl, but in this case opted for amused. She had spunk, which was... almost cute. If only something like that didn't run her the risk of getting killed, or worse. The vampire smiled slightly, just a hint of fang showing as he glanced from the boy back to her. "Tell me, Miranda, do you normally make a habit of angering those who could do you harm, or am I special?" he asked, practically cooing. "I'm not angry, of course, but most people who skulk about in the dead of night aren't so patient as I. Your tongue will get you into trouble if you aren't careful."

spaceHe tsked lightly, then tilted his head, regarding them curiously. Humans tended to bore him, though not near so much as other vampires. Children, however, could be interesting. Young teens in particular; they were so unpredictable at that age, hormones and the like wreaking havoc on their judgement and attitude. "I am called Harbinger," he said coolly, extending a hand towards the boy, Ariel. He'd been polite enough to introduce himself and his sister, after all. "And I wouldn't be so confident in your safety, if I were you. I know better than most the sort of people that lurk in the shadows." People like the ones Harbinger regularly made a meal out of, for instance. Of course, assuming the two children didn't heed him and return home, he would now spend his night babysitting. He had nothing better to do. And he wasn't a total monster, not yet anyway. Perhaps in another hundred years, that would change. But for now, he was content to play guardian angel, ironic as it might be, to those who deserved it. A pair of children barely into their teens surely qualified.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wιтн - The Nolan Twins
                                          pronoυnѕ - He/Him
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Hopefully alone
Mood
Furious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

I don't wanna change the world
                                                          I just wanna leave it colder
                                                          Light the fuse and burn it up
                                                          Take the path that leads to nowhere

Miranda felt her hands shaking, left over adrenaline from her argument with her mother had yet to wear off despite having walked quite a ways away from their house. It had just been one more thing hadn't it. Of course Ariel had made prefect, perfect prefect Ariel and his stupid goody-two-shoes self, why wouldn't he get prefect? Who in their right mind would have given it to her, Miranda felt her blood boil with that thought. Why would anyone pick her for anything. She wasn't the good child, she wasn't the perfect child. After all her mother had made that perfectly clear.

Miranda skulked through the darkened streets of town, clenching her fists tightly inside her jacket pockets. It had felt pretty good to punch Ariel right in his perfect nose. He had tried to follow her like he normally did, but Miranda had wanted nothing to do with him and told him as much. So when he continued to pursue her, she punched him hard right in his face. It would have been more satisfying if he hadn't been so calm after the initial hit. He just looked at her with those big sad eyes, eyes that pitied her and Miranda hated that more than anything. She hated when her brother or anyone pitied her.

For a brief moment she vaguely wondered what her life would have been like if she had been the golden child. But before she could dwell on it she decided to snap herself out of it by kicking a wall of the building next to her. She grimaced a bit as pain began to throb. It sucked but at least she wasn't thinking about stupid things.

All is lost again
                                                          But I'm not giving in
                                                          I will not bow
                                                          I will not break

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger didn't know what had sent the girl running out into the night this time; she liked to stalk, yes, but she didn't eavesdrop on people in their homes, unless she suspected foul play that she could use as an excuse for a meal. She didn't much care for the Nolans, as a rule, based on what she'd seen of their children, but she had never suspected them of doing anything quite awful enough to validate her breaking into their home and draining them dry. More's the pity, because she didn't like them in the slightest. But, with the recent events with the Council, she wasn't going to do anything that might draw their ire. Not so directly that they might care enough to punish her, anyway. Murdering rapists and the like in back alley's was hardly worth their time, so she was content to stick to that.

spaceStill, she did like to watch the house at times, because the two children (teens, now, almost the same age she'd been when she was turned) did like to run off into the night. Harbinger felt for them, sensing a sort of unhappiness that the girl masked in anger and the boy masked in denial. They weren't orphans, but their tendency to run away at such hours, and the lack of a search for them, worried or frantic or otherwise, told her that they weren't far off from it. This time, Miranda had run off on her own, something that was rather rare. Harbinger actually waited outside the house for a good ten minutes, expecting Ariel to follow after, but he never came. Frowning, the vampire took one last look towards the front door before trailing after the girl's scent.

spaceShe found her easily enough, head tilting, in curiosity and concern. She cared for these kids, as strange as it seemed. Some small part of her resonated with them. She had never been angry, nor tried to smile her way through her troubles, but had instead clung to apathy until it was all she knew. Such a tactic, she sometimes thought, might sever Miranda better.
                                          "I know I have warned you of the dangers of lurking about at night," she said, no rebuke or judgement in her tone. Simply a statement of fact. "I wonder, then, what has sent you out into it this time. And without your shadow, no less." Briefly, Harbinger felt a flash of concern for the boy. What if the reason he was not here, was because something had happened to him? She took quick glance towards the house through narrowed eyes, but remained where she was. There had been no screams; whatever it was, if it was anything, he could wait.

spaceHarbinger adopted a relaxed stance, leaning against the wall nonchalantly, watching the girl.
                                          "I wonder, what can be so horrible within, that the monsters lurking in the shadows give you no pause." Then again, perhaps she was somewhat to blame; Harbinger had appeared for the twins on more than one occasion since they'd first met, and had never harmed them, or shown any inclination to do so. Perhaps Miranda suspected she would protect her; Ariel certainly did. Harbinger couldn't decide if that made him clever, or a fool. Then again, he'd always seemed to excel at being both at the same time.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wιтн - The Nolan Twins
                                          pronoυnѕ - She/Her
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:28 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Harbinger
Mood
Furious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

I don't wanna change the world
                                                          I just wanna leave it colder
                                                          Light the fuse and burn it up
                                                          Take the path that leads to nowhere

Miranda felt herself tense up at the sound of the familiar voice. Her gaze turn itself towards her unwanted companion. Why couldn't people get the memo and just leave her alone?! Of course it seemed that this one never knew how to mind their own business. Miranda couldn't say that she hated Harbinger per se, but she didn't want to be bothered at the moment and because of that would be taking out her frustrations on the female."My shadow wasn't wanted. He can go f*ck right off for all I care." she snapped, brows furrowed and gaze harsh with all of her attention turned towards Harbinger. The rage she was feeling for her brother and Mother turning themselves onto the Vampire. Miranda didn't know where else to send it. She was hurt once again by the person that she, for some reason, kept trying to please. Though she should have realized at this point that no matter what she did, she would never ever measure up to Ariel. That b*astard.

She had never thought she would hate her brother, after all they had been together since birth and he had been the only person who had ever really actually cared about her. It just...it was hard for Miranda to not hate him, not when he, in her mind, was the reason that their parents didn't really care about her. If he hadn't been born then maybe she wouldn't be miserable. It was all his fault after all.

"And maybe I don't care about those stupid dangers you always talk about. Not like anyone cares if something happens to me." The last bit she muttered under her breath. She felt her fists clench a bit harder but that was about all she felt, everything else felt like white noise had taken human form. She hated feeling like this. She wasn't lying to Harbinger either, she didn't really care what happened to her that night. Those 'dangers' that were spoken of sounded much better to her than going back home did. "Why don't you kindly f*ck off and go find my stupid brother. I'm not in the mood to deal with your s*it tonight Harbinger." Despite saying this Miranda felt that Harbinger would ignore her, after all it seemed Harbinger just kind of did her own thing. Which while Miranda could relate, she didn't really want to bother with the Vampire at the moment.

All is lost again
                                                          But I'm not giving in
                                                          I will not bow
                                                          I will not break

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

spaceHarbinger found the assertion that Ariel wasn't wanted an odd one, since to her recollection, she didn't believe he'd ever been a wanted shadow. He was, rather, a tolerated one at best, and things between the two were frequently not even approaching such. But the venom in Miranda's voice suggested there was more to it this time than usual. Harbinger had a hard time imagining the boy doing anything to warrant such aggression, except perhaps being more annoyingly optimistic than usual. To someone like Miranda, that might qualify.

spaceIt was her next words, however, that really got to the vampire. Harbinger remembered feeling like that, remembered thinking no one would ever care, that she would never matter. Her eyes narrowed coldly, turning once again towards the house. There was no excuse for a child with living parents to ever feel that way; suddenly, her fangs felt sharper in her mouth, her tongue toying with the tip of one for a moment. She allowed herself a second to imagine punishing them for such a crime. Only a moment, because it still wasn't worth being staked out in the sun. But it was damn close.

spaceShe hummed.
                                          "I find I'm not overly concerned for your brother at the moment," the vampire drawled, stepping closer and leaning in towards the girl, looming over her. "Thus, I have no reason to go hunting for him. You, on the other hand, I find I have great cause to be concerned for, if you're really so miserable that you'd rather fall victim to the shadows than stay safe in your bed." She clicked her tongue, meeting Miranda's eyes. "But, of course, no one cares about you, right?"

spaceHarbinger remembered this, remembered staring into the eyes of a creature they told horror stories about, never flinching, because she didn't have cause to fear it. Her maker had chosen her for her fire, he'd said, for her bravery. But was it bravery if she felt no fear? Fire, she was fairly certain, was the wrong word as well, because she'd always felt so cold. It hadn't mattered, she thought, if they took her away and killed her and made her into their next meal, because no one had ever loved her, had ever cared about her, and no one ever would. She'd been close to adulthood, close enough to know that her only future was to be sent out, into the cold, to find work or to freeze to death. In Russia, that death would have come quickly. Here, for a child like Miranda, it would be slow. Torturous.

space"I suggest you return home, Miranda Nolan," she said quietly. "Before I do something we'll both regret." She was too young, still. Harbinger was young enough, erratic enough. She controlled her own emotions well because she'd forced herself to learn. Miranda had no such control. In the night, she'd be a true monster. Harbinger would have to kill her, eventually, should she turn the girl out of sympathy, out of kinship. It was a bad idea, all around. Maybe... in a few years.

ï ώατсhεḋ ÿøυ сhαṉģε

wιтн - The Nolan Twins
                                          pronoυnѕ - She/Her
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

Fuzzymelonlord

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash