Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[JRP] Fermented Fruits (Suravel Ndima and ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:07 pm
Suravel Ndima had only been living in the Maestros Del Mar for a few weeks, and already she had found her calling: the fermenting of fruits for feasting. While the other females hunted, or spent time with their males (this wasn't an option for Ndima - there weren't many hyenas in the pride), she sought out fruits and experimented with how they matured and fermented in the sun. She place them in various spots all around the pride lands, and when she believed them to be ripe, she secreted them away in a cave, ready to be brought out triumphantly when they were called for.

She could use a taste tester, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 am
Adaeze had a bit of a different talent in the pride. Well, really she didn't have one. She didn't like to hunt, she refused to take care of the cubs. She was a very interesting lioness that is for sure. She was a Queen, in her mind anyway. But she was the top female in the pride that was for sure. She was Favorited by Pirato. She spent a good amount of time with him, and even though she knew that at times she drove him crazy to a point she really didn't care. She deserved the best and she knew it. She was a brat and she also knew it. She was very well aware at the fact that she was a brat but again in her mind she was a Queen and she demanded to be treated as one.

She was good at keeping her male company and really that was it, you could say in a way. But there were days like this where she was just being lazy. She really was just being lazy. She liked being lazy much more. Today she was up not at her normal time. It was around the afternoon, she came from a pride of vampires before she was here. She would rather be up durning the night instead of now. she was wandering to the watering hole for no trying to figure out where she was going to do.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm
Suravel was also near the watering hole, digging up some melons she had buried shallowly in the sand. She never buried just one in the same place; there were five here. She needed someone to taste one, to check the maturity of it. Luckily, the queen was near by. She wasn't the most active, Suravel knew, but she would probably agree to taste-test.

The yellow hyena rolled a melon carefully toward the queen.

"Excuse me?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:32 am
Adaeze was a little surprised that the other was talking to her. She wasn't expecting some one to be out and talking to her. She really didn't know that many in the pride so that some one was wandering up to her and wanting her attention was very surprising to her. She blinked and looked around making sure the other was talking to her before she offered a kind smile. "Yes?" she asked curiously. She wasn't being bratty for once which could be taken as a bit of a surprise, but she was lonely and she really wanted the company. "Whats going on?" She asked a little curiously, not sure how else to respond to the hyena's question.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:55 pm
Suravel put a paw on the melon to stop it rolling off or cracking the shell. The fresher a fruit was after cracking or peeling, the better it would be. Taste must be preserved.

"I was wondering if you would be willing to sample this melon. It's been fermenting, but I need to know if this batch is ready. And I sampling my own wares makes me less effective. It should be ready, but I don't want to serve up shoddy fruits next time the ships come back in."

She took her paw off the melon and let it roll to the lioness.

"I just need an honest opinion of its taste, color, and texture. As compared to other fermented melons you have had."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:39 am
Adaeze was a little surprised that the other female wanted her to talk to her about the fruits. It was a question she wasn't really expecting. She liked the fruits around the pride. She came from a pride of vampires and when she was a vampire she drank blood often coming into this pride she hadn't been able to. She hadn't told much of anyone that she did that she was pretty sure that Pirato knew. However she found some comfort in the fermented fruits around the pride. They made her feel a little more comfortable because in an odd way they reminded her of the blood that she was used to.

Adaeze looked at the lioness and thought about it. She had never taste tested a mellon. As she thought about it she was really hoping the other female was right and it was ready to go. She looked down at the melon. She leaned over and sniffed it curiously. "I don't see the harm in trying it." She said simply once again before flicking her hair out of her eyes and pausing before nodding. "I guess it won't hurt." She pulled it closer to herself and then took a bite out of the melon. She took a few moments chewing it and savoring it for a moment. It tasted pretty good, just a tiny bit off. She nodded to the other female before speaking. "Well, it tates pretty good." she paused as she thought before nodding at her and speaking again. "It seems to be a little harder then normal, but close." She noted to the female.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm
"It's a bit hard?" Suravel said, and flattened her ears. "That's not good. I can't serve up melons that are too hard. That would be ridiculous."

She looked at the melon with great dissatisfaction. "The easiest way to have them soften would be to let them sit in the sun, but it will be a delicate operation. I'll have to get them into storage quickly after they've sat in the sun. Yes, very delicate."

The hyena proceeded to unearth the rest of her melons to let them sit in the sun, keeping careful count of them. They shouldn't sit to long.

She returned to the lionesses side, carefully taking a bite, chewing it and considering the taste. The lioness was right, too hard, but just slightly. The sun wouldn't need to move much before it was time for them to go to the cave. She spat the piece she had tested back out, away from the rest of her melons, and a way from where she and the lioness were sitting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:21 pm
Adaeze nodded toward the hyena. "Yeah just a little hard not that bad." She stated simply once again shrugging slightly as she did. She didn't think it was that bad close to what she was used to. She watched the other female. She was surprised how concerned about the Melons. Adaeze was a little confused, she thought they would be fine if they were served but then again Adaeze wasn't that picky when it came to the fruits, she wasn't picky at all as long as they were ripe she didn't care about how hard they were. "I guess you can put them back into the sun then." Adaeze said awkwardly as she watched the other start to walk away.

Adaeze was confused by that, she didn't even say anything rude she didn't understand why the hyena was going. She stood up and quickly followed after the hyena before calling out. "Wait?" She called out confused. "Is that all?" She asked curious not that sure of what else to say to the hyena. She was confused she really didn't understand why she was leaving.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am
"I'm just moving them into the sun. They have to be perfect." Suravel prodded the melons into the sun with her nose and shoved some sand around them to keep them in place.

"Attention to details is the key to making perfect fruit," she told the lioness. "There is never any time to waste when working on a new batch and making adjustments."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:58 pm
Adaeze looked at the lioness and took into consideration of what she was saying. she was interested in how the lionesses handled these fruits, to a point she really didn't even care, to a small point anyway, but on the other hand she had no intentions on helping. She thought about it for a moment she didn't know what to say however the more she thought about it the more it occured to her what to tell the other lioness and it finally came down to a question. "Do you need help moving them into the sun?" She asked curiously, that was the only thig she could even think of asking her.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:22 pm
"If you want to help, that would be great!" The hyena pawed her melons careful into the sun. Gently, gently - a crack would ruin everything. And she hated it when her work was ruined.

"I'll get you some proper fruit for your help."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:24 am
Adaeze didn't see any helping the hyena work on moving the fruits into the sun. She liked to be helpful from time to time when she could. Well not only when she could but also when she wanted to. She paused for a moment before looking at the fruit sniffing them carefully before slowly moving them forward, she was trying to move as carefully as she possibly could, a smile was on her lips as she then paused and moved toward the second one then looked at the lioness. "You'll really get me one?" she asked curiously, Adaeze was looking forward to that, Adaeze really enjoyed them.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 am
Suravel watched the lioness carefully move the fruits. The fact that the lioness was being so gentle with them, maybe just as gentle as Suravel was being made Suravel happy. It was nice that the other didn't treat the task as something less than important.

She gave the lioness a small smile and nodded. "Of course! You've been right helpful and I do appreciate it." There were stashes of fermented melons, coconuts, grapes and mangoes that Suravel thought were ripe and delicious. They were also a larger quantity than some of the fermented pineapples, berries and bananas. Suravel decided to let the lioness pick out her favorite fruits for helping.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:56 pm
Adaeze finished moving them as carefully as she could. There were few times that she was careful but right now she was carefully moving them. According to her mate she has to get along with the other females more and she didn't want to mess up anything. On top of that the fermented fruit she enjoyed a lot. She wouldn't want to ruin the next stock of fruits. She paused for a moment after moving the last one then turned toward the lioness. "I think I might grab it and run. I have a few things to take care of in my den." She said with a small smile. It was true, she did have things to do and she felt like at the moment she had enough of a friend meeting for now, she needed to take a break.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm
There was a stash fermented fruits close to here, but Ndima was a little ... concerned about revealing that spot. It was more out in the open. And she normally didn't go there in the morning. Or when the sun was up at all. But the lioness had helped and they were the closest stash. And they should be ripe and ready now. Making up her mind, Ndima nodded and smiled. "There's a stash ready close to here. You can have any of the fruit that's ripe. If you follow me ... ?"

Ndima started to lead the lioness out into the open where the stash was located. "I 'm Suravel Ndima, the BrewMaster." Well, that was the title she was going to go with. Whether there was a title or rank like that, Ndima doubted it, but she was making it now. And anyone that didn't like it wouldn't be getting any of her brews!

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff