Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I'm pretty sure my dad still thinks I'm straight...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

finfageek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:28 pm
And it's been over two years since I've told him. He'll ask me if I think a girl is attractive, and he'll always be like "Ooh, she's cute" while I'm around. Now don't get me wrong, I know an attractive girl from a non-attractive girl, but it just feels weird when you're being ASKED if someone of the gender you're not attracted to...is attractive. This is just me.

Okay so..
1. Is it just me, or is he ignoring my orientation?
2. Are you going through something like this? Or have you gone through it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:25 pm
I've had to come out to my mom like twice x.x she forgot again so shes kinda just closeing the closet door on my face or something o.o''  

HandsomeStanly

Sparkly Gekko

9,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

OhhAlissa

3,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm
Well, right now I am not in this group, I want to be, but anyways. Yes, I am like that but BOTH my parents don't know (my dad does not live with me) and I am scared and shamed. So I plan on telling her when I am 18 and she can't do crap about it. :]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 pm
To answer question 1. I think he may be ignoring your orientation a little, but it seems he's trying to connect with you and except that, by saying that stuff. 2. I've been going through something like that with my dad. I haven't told him anything about my orientation yet. But he's still convinced that i think boys are yucky and I don't date anyone. (Which only half of what he's thinking is try ha ha)  

Yuki_no_Joo

ankarhagen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 am
Well, I consider myself lucky, living where I do.

I'm a swede, so I've ended up in a place where I'm accepted (Yey~), and people do not disrespect for my sexual orientation.

On the other hand, my dad is the most christian man in this ******** country (Oh, the irony), so he does not accept me. My mom, on the other hand, has no problems with it.

Aaand because my dad's a wimp, and mom's b***h, it's okay at home. So woo!

Alright, enough of my self-centered..-ness.

1. Perhaps, if you really want him to know. Sit down and talk to him, face to face. And tell him. Loud and clear. "Dad, I'm homo. I like guys, not girls. I don't find girls attractive, please stop asking that."
2. Check my description of my life, woo! Being a self-centered b***h helps sometimes. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:17 am
I wish i ckuld tell my parents but i thinl my mom and brother knows already because when i talk to a friend for awhile ornask if they can come over they will be like is he your boyfriend.They mostly think that because my friend over spoil me with stuff  

Aedicule

SkyCore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 am
I have to remind my friends every so often because they keep forgetting, except for the ones i constantly hit on sweatdrop

But my parents know what the deal is.

I dont really know you or your dad that well so I can only speculate, but it sounds to me like hes either testing you to see if the gay thing is only a phase, or maybe he is just trying to bond with you in a less parental manor, most likely the former....

If it bothers you, Talk to him about it. Make sure he knows its not a phase you will grow out of.

or you could always turn the tables on him, start pointing out guy you think are hot and ask his opinion see how he likes that xd

On a side note... why do Straight guys always refuse to answer the 'Is he cute question'?

Like my friends will tell me about this gay guy they know and when i ask if hes cute they always respond with "I dont know I'm not gay"

are they just afraid people will think they are gay if they answer? someone mentioned this earlier in this thread but I, as a gay man, am not attracted to women, but I can still pick out which girls are hot and which are not.

I dont know, that just bugs me...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:30 pm
Just be all, "Yeah I guess. But that guy over there is much hotter."  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 am
Fagittarius

I was going to say something like this.

It's hard when your folks get in denial mode. I slightly had that problem with my father. He forgets that I'm bisexual so when I make comments about men he's surprised each time. He doesn't talk to me about girls though or anything really which I guess is a relief. He's not like other dads really.. I dunno.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:14 am
1. My friend's dad did the same thing with him when he came out. He was just curious for awhile if he had just a little bit of interest in girls. Dads want to see their sons have children and wives. But over time he gradually stop checking his preference.
2. Ehhh this hasn't happen to me because I'm straight.  

Joeytastic

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • First step to fame 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:32 pm
yeah i've been there. when i was younger--like 7 but i was very aware something was going on--my mom was acting like it was her life's purpose to make me girly as possible and straight as an arrow (and failed miserably) she'd be all like "OoooOOOOOoooooooh heeeee's hooooooooottttt whadya think Sarie?" "uh... not seeing it *stares at girl*" "oh well... what do you think about this dress?" "nah how about these baggy jeans and t-shirt?" "no. you're wearing the pink mother ******** dress."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:39 am
noigel

Miss Improper

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 pm
XD Or be more aggressive and strut around the house singing some Backstreet Boys songs.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games