Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Homosexuality related to problems during childhood? o.o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a homosexual who has had a problematic or difficult childhood?
  Yes
  No
  Not sure
View Results

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:22 am
Don't judge me.
Just love me.
I'm not a criminal, I'm innocent
So come and set me free!

Uhhhhhh....

When I was 4, my biological parents were no longer able to afford to take care of me, or any of my siblings.. so they put us up for adoption. Now i have gay fathers. it was hard... i was only 4, and i was separated from my mom and dad.. and i was confused about why i had 2 dads at the time..
When I turned 13, my big sister started hating me for dressing different.... so now both her and her boyfriend torment me...
I have been bullied in school.. people assumed i cut myself cause i wore long fingerless gloves and hoodies a lot... people made fun of me for the way i looked...
I was crushed when i found out my brother started getting high with his friends..
Oh, and I forgot to mention, my boyfriend that i was dating for 4 years committed suicide..

And still after all this, I'm still going by straight.. though i'm undecided, I say I'm straight until i know for sure...

I choose ecstasy.
And music's my religion.
Magic is my kingdom
And the dance floor is m heaven.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 am
I don't believe being gay and having problematic childhood is a definite correlation. Me, my childhood was perfectly normal. I was an outcast because of my apperance, my shyness, and the fact that I was not in their school during kindergarten. (I was at a satellite class because of my Aspergers.) That had no effect on my sexuality, I am sure. Because even at a young age, I found guys to be unappealing to me, and believed that the most I could have was a platonic relationship. And that's what happened a lot. We formed a friendship with no real sexual friction because I wasn't that interested to begin with. Of course, the satellite class was all boys and I was the only girl, so I didn't really figure the rest out until later.  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

l o r d VOMIT f a c e

Mega Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:24 am
DeathStarXII
l o r d VOMIT f a c e
DeathStarXII
l o r d VOMIT f a c e
DeathStarXII
I don't really know. Can't remember much (even though I'm not that old).

I'm not surprised. The only reason I remember anything is because it was that bad :/

I know that it...wasn't bad? Some slight bullying (in which I responded by punching the bullies later on), but I think that's about it. That - and some frequent nightmares on people I love dying and whatnot.

Aw,
Seems like so many people have at least some bad memories from their childhood, no matter how small.
It's a shame. I wish things could just be....good in life?

Oh well... x.x

If everything in life was good, I'd think it'd be pretty dull. Not the same, you know?

I know, that's for sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 am
Sin Error
Awesome childhood here, I was never bullied, harrased, mistreated nor abused. I'd say i had a pretty good childhood and i've liked men/boys since i was like 5 maybe? not sexually, but i defnetly found them more attractive and interesting.

I'm a little lazy to express my opinion on the responses (teehee), however this one and "She Promised You Cookies"'s post caught my attention..

This does veer a little off-topic,
But I'm curious as to whether or not you've told others about being the age of 5 when you already understood which gender you preferred? And if they believed you?

Personally, when I tried explaining to someone that I found females more attractive from a very young age, they didn't believe me and Idk... that made me feel kind of bad for some reason.

l o r d VOMIT f a c e

Mega Lunatic

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 am
l o r d VOMIT f a c e
Sin Error
Awesome childhood here, I was never bullied, harrased, mistreated nor abused. I'd say i had a pretty good childhood and i've liked men/boys since i was like 5 maybe? not sexually, but i defnetly found them more attractive and interesting.

I'm a little lazy to express my opinion on the responses (teehee), however this one and "She Promised You Cookies"'s post caught my attention..

This does veer a little off-topic,
But I'm curious as to whether or not you've told others about being the age of 5 when you already understood which gender you preferred? And if they believed you?

Personally, when I tried explaining to someone that I found females more attractive from a very young age, they didn't believe me and Idk... that made me feel kind of bad for some reason.

I always knew, i just didn't told anyone until i was 19.
I knew they would'nt understand and I wanted to avoid the whole drama and all the bullshit, so I waited until I came out of High school.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:46 am
Well I've had a normal childhood. I was never bullied until high school. I was actual revered in primary school for my intelligence. I had a little taste of my fetish and sexuality when I was like 6. The only thing not normal about my childhood was that I occasionally heard demonic voices. One time they paralyzed me and made me listen to them when I was like 8. Meh. I was poor, if that's what you call trauma.  

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

--xx-Rin-xx-Kagamine-xx--

4,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 pm
Well, I don't think it's really related into it, but I guess in some cases it could be. My childhood was based mostly around that I wanted to be a boy only because my little brother was the golden child in the family. I was kinda neglected when I was little by my mom. I've been picked on for most of my known school career and was teased for being a lesbian in middle school; they didn't even know HALF that story, and my only deeds I've ever done with anyone else was a dare to kiss a boy and I french kissed a girl (both during 1st grade). I don't know if you really can count this or not as a difficult childhood, but I think it's something that is just apart of you and you just know. I'm pretty happy with the way I turned out though~  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:12 pm
Sin Error

I knew they would'nt understand and I wanted to avoid the whole drama and all the bullshit, so I waited until I came out of High school.

That's something I don't get, when people argue they've "known since they were kids" that they were gay. How can you even understand or feel attraction at such a young age and further realize you're attracted to your same gender? I know it's not on the set topic, but I had to ask..  

Kelai_Caberin

finfageek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm
I had a pretty damn good childhood and I'm gay. Given my parents got divorced when I was about 3 years old, but I wasn't old enough to really be phased by it.

So I'm gonna have to say that the theory suggested isn't true.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
DeathStarXII
l o r d VOMIT f a c e
DeathStarXII
l o r d VOMIT f a c e
DeathStarXII
I don't really know. Can't remember much (even though I'm not that old).

I'm not surprised. The only reason I remember anything is because it was that bad :/

I know that it...wasn't bad? Some slight bullying (in which I responded by punching the bullies later on), but I think that's about it. That - and some frequent nightmares on people I love dying and whatnot.

Aw,
Seems like so many people have at least some bad memories from their childhood, no matter how small.
It's a shame. I wish things could just be....good in life?

Oh well... x.x

If everything in life was good, I'd think it'd be pretty dull. Not the same, you know?

I don't really see how lack of conflict would be boring. Wouldn't life be more like a yonkoma?  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:36 pm
I was almost killed on several occasions by a bully when I was 6. I also had a run-in with the klan about a year after we moved. So, no, the the trauma I went through didn't affect my sexuality, but it did leave me to the point where I suffer anxiety around Southerners.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm
As a straight man, this is perhaps less valuable but even straights were "insulted' (as unfortunately it was regarded that way) as being gay. If someone actually was openly gay they usually wound up in after school education, the bullying was so bad. This wasn't a tiny town, either, though it was just as surely not a big city.
Do members of the LBGT community have difficult childhoods? Are there problems with bullying? If what I have seen, as an outsider is any indication, absolutely. Maybe it's a little better in this new generation. Maybe it was always better in small towns. I know that many places are much less homophobic than America, but this is still, in many places, in many ways, a very homophobic world.
I would hope that this goes without saying, but just in case, of course the problem isn't that there's something wrong with gays. The problem is (has always been, and always will be) with bigotry.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

l o r d VOMIT f a c e

Mega Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:37 pm
Kelai_Caberin
Sin Error

That's something I don't get, when people argue they've "known since they were kids" that they were gay. How can you even understand or feel attraction at such a young age and further realize you're attracted to your same gender? I know it's not on the set topic, but I had to ask..

I know this isn't directed at me, however I also believe I knew about my preferences ever since I was a kid...
Because well, the internet showed me many things.
Eventually I found myself looking up things I shouldn't have on google, and it was evident that the things I was searching would probably classify me as a lesbian or bisexual.
That's all I can really say... /blush
(:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm
Kelai_Caberin
Sin Error

Beacuse now that i am more mature and can look back into my past and identify certain things that well...we're signs that i wasn't into girls.
at that age i had not sexual attraction towards guys, but I did noticed them more than girls, like if they had a pretty face, their eyes, jaw, etc.
I used to watch some music videos for only one purpose, just to see the guy that was singing.
I didn't develop a sexual attractment until I was like 16...also let me correct myself on that, I didn't always knew ( though I started to suspect from myself when I was 14) like I said, now that i'm more mature I can look back and identify those litte gay things. razz  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:17 pm
l o r d VOMIT f a c e
Kelai_Caberin
Sin Error

I know this isn't directed at me, however I also believe I knew about my preferences ever since I was a kid...
Because well, the internet showed me many things.
Eventually I found myself looking up things I shouldn't have on google, and it was evident that the things I was searching would probably classify me as a lesbian or bisexual.
That's all I can really say... /blush
(:

Aha, I can second that... sweatdrop

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out