Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I'm into hermaphrodites...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleepy Lens

Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:10 pm

I've been wanting to date a hermaphrodite for a while now, but I don't really think there are any at my school right now. I was just wondering that if anyone in this guild is a hermaphrodite (and please don't joke about it), then maybe we could talk or something, just to get to know each other. So how about it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:19 am
Well first of all, many individuals who are intersex tend not to disclose that information right off the bat. You'd best be trying a more populated area than instead of this guild. At the same time, many people would feel extremely doubtful of your intentions, so it's a matter of trust.
Also, there are different variations of intersex - depending on what gender they identify with. It's important to almost look beyond gender and seek a hermaphrodite, rather than the actual person.

Gordums

Sleepy Lens

Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:16 am
Gordums
Well first of all, many individuals who are intersex tend not to disclose that information right off the bat. You'd best be trying a more populated area than instead of this guild. At the same time, many people would feel extremely doubtful of your intentions, so it's a matter of trust.
Also, there are different variations of intersex - depending on what gender they identify with. It's important to almost look beyond gender and seek a hermaphrodite, rather than the actual person.

Hm, you're very right about that. I mean, I know that there are people who still don't feel as comfortable as others. I was just hoping that maybe that kind of person would stop by and take a look here. As for my intentions, obviously I don't have any bad ones, but I guess no one is going to know that unless I say it, and even then, I'd understand if someone didn't trust me enough. So yeah, guess I'm sorry for kind of putting them on the spot. I was only planning on just getting to know them. I didn't plan farther ahead yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 am
Why are you attracted to people who are intersexed?
There's a good chance that the way you approach them will make them feel objectified.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sleepy Lens

Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:31 am
Esiris
Why are you attracted to people who are intersexed?
There's a good chance that the way you approach them will make them feel objectified.

I'm aware of that, but it's just that I don't really have any friends who are intersexed, and all I really want is to maybe get acquainted with someone who is. I probably asked for far too much when I said I wanted to date one. I only really wanted to talk to one or something, just to get an idea of how life is for them in particular. Now it may sound like that all I want to do is interrogate them, but I don't know how else to word this. I just want to reach out to them you know?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:41 am
Tao Yoshi

I'm aware of that, but it's just that I don't really have any friends who are intersexed, and all I really want is to maybe get acquainted with someone who is. I probably asked for far too much when I said I wanted to date one. I only really wanted to talk to one or something, just to get an idea of how life is for them in particular. Now it may sound like that all I want to do is interrogate them, but I don't know how else to word this. I just want to reach out to them you know?

If you want to understand in general what being intersexed is like- there are books and documentaries. If you want to reach out to them- be a friend to the good people in your life, and if one of them happens to be intersexed- oh well. You're being a decent human being and reaching out to everyone instead of treating them like an object.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sleepy Lens

Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:44 am
Esiris
Tao Yoshi

If you want to understand in general what being intersexed is like- there are books and documentaries. If you want to reach out to them- be a friend to the good people in your life, and if one of them happens to be intersexed- oh well. You're being a decent human being and reaching out to everyone instead of treating them like an object.

I wasn't intending on treating them like an object. I just felt that maybe some people felt more comfortable on the internet rather than in real life talking about things like this. Regardless, I presented myself wrongly and I apologize for it and any inconveniences I may have caused by this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:55 am
Tao Yoshi

I wasn't intending on treating them like an object. I just felt that maybe some people felt more comfortable on the internet rather than in real life talking about things like this. Regardless, I presented myself wrongly and I apologize for it and any inconveniences I may have caused by this.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude. Maybe some people will be really opened to it- but look at it like this, if you came in here and wrote:

"I've been wanting to date a ****** for a while now, but I don't really think there are any at my school right now. I was just wondering that if anyone in this guild is a ****** (and please don't joke about it), then maybe we could talk or something, just to get to know each other. So how about it?"

I mean- it's a physical aspect of someone, and the term you used is really charged, accepted by some- loathed by others. It's a small physical characteristic that while it can be important, people are more than the sum of it- so while I think your intentions were good, and I won't speak for anyone else- I think making friends with people because you like who they are, not what they are is important.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:45 am
Tao Yoshi

I've been wanting to date a hermaphrodite for a while now, but I don't really think there are any at my school right now. I was just wondering that if anyone in this guild is a hermaphrodite (and please don't joke about it), then maybe we could talk or something, just to get to know each other. So how about it?

you might want to watch how you word things.................."hermaphrodite" is an offensive term. Even if there were any intersexed people in thid guild, they wouldn't care to chat with you.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games