Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Has anyone been indirectly made fun of? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masked_Ven

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:00 pm
Just wondering;

because something happened at my friend’s birthday party last week that's been building up the frustration in head ever since. It was a silly conversation about another friend of ours, Claire at the table outside but I think she took it too far when she said “What if Claire got a sex change?” Someone I didn’t know said “What would you call that?” she replied “a b*****d,” then looked at me. I think she truly meant it as a joke but it still made me uneasy. Considering out of all those people at that party she is the only one who that knows I’m going to start transitioning soon. I understand her viewpoint and we have a very trusting friendship but I feel like this subject is building a wall between us somehow. I doubt she even remembers it and don’t know how to confront her about it.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:25 pm
All the time, by my neice. crying  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Masked_Ven

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:27 pm
Shilberu Erikku
All the time, by my neice. crying

Aww, *Hugs*

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm
I have been by a friend of mine, but not because of my sexuality, but because of my autism. She was being mean about another person with the same disability, but she also insulted me too by doing so.  

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

Masked_Ven

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:46 pm
3Amaranth13
I have been by a friend of mine, but not because of my sexuality, but because of my autism. She was being mean about another person with the same disability, but she also insulted me too by doing so.

Oh, my mom's tenant's son has autism but I don't know much about the disability, I was told that he was one of the youngest in the country to be diagnosed. I can relate because I myself have CP.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:26 am
3Amaranth13
I have a form of autism, but apparently it's hard for people who don't know to notice. I've noticed people using 'autistic' as a sort of popular word now, in an entirely negative way, much like 'gay'. I've had friends make rather harsh fun of people and call them autistic, and when actually talking about someone who may or may not have it, people say things like "There was this person, this person, and this autistic guy". Nice to know everyone isn't judged but you're instantly the autistic kid o_o. They'll talk about them like they're zoo animals. It's never directed at me, and people really don't have a clue, but I indirectly find it offensive when people talk about something they no doubt know little of in a highly negative way.

To also answer the topic, I've had to listen to people rant about wrong stereotypes of sexualities and the like a lot as if those were the only truth. They weren't directed at me, but still it was indirectly offensive. It's mainly small-scale prejudice though, from ignorant friends.  

xAlfredxThexHerox

Aedicule

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:50 am
one of my teachers called my stuck up on the side cause he was mad i didnt want to help anyone with their work  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:02 am
i have, people just automatically assume when i say i'm "pansexual" that im some person who just doesn't want to conform with society. yanno?  

alimabean

Quotable Genius

7,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Bucket of Evil

Fashionable Genius

4,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:52 am
yea, this blonde chick at my lunch table always has something to say about lesbians, gays, and bisexuals mind you about half the table is bisexual I don't think she realizes it i mean she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it still hurts when she says something

i even had a teacher who tried to fail me because of my sexuality (oops thats directly sorry wrong topic)  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:20 am
Alphonse Grayven
3Amaranth13
I have a form of autism, but apparently it's hard for people who don't know to notice. I've noticed people using 'autistic' as a sort of popular word now, in an entirely negative way, much like 'gay'. I've had friends make rather harsh fun of people and call them autistic, and when actually talking about someone who may or may not have it, people say things like "There was this person, this person, and this autistic guy". Nice to know everyone isn't judged but you're instantly the autistic kid o_o. They'll talk about them like they're zoo animals. It's never directed at me, and people really don't have a clue, but I indirectly find it offensive when people talk about something they no doubt know little of in a highly negative way.

I agree. Most people are my school are that way. When they think of people with disabilties, they think of them as weirdos or someone who's incredibly dumb. It offends me a lot because a lot of them are incredibly smart and have wonderful personalities.  

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

bollier

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:33 am
Yep. At work, one of my bosses made a gay joke at the expense of another co-worker behind his back and in front of me without knowing my sexuality. Basically, someone had taken a bottle of KY Jelly, and she said he needed to stop stealing from the store. I really wish I had said something, but it doesn't really matter anymore because she was fired. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:58 pm
People at my school, including my friends, seem to think that emo is an adjective and that you can use it to describe things, like a poem in class which the teacher actually accepted that answer, and they always use it kind of offensively. A lot of them also seem to look down upon poems that are depressing or at least negative and the people that write them. They either don't realize or don't care that I am at least kinda "emo". And that I write depressing poetry. I always get the feeling that my skin colour is a part of it too. People that other people call emo look at me weird too since apparently people with a darker skin tone can't be "goth" or "emo". I think I have one friend that actually realizes I'm goth and we don't even hang out that often. Also my mom really doesn't like this kid and his dad because his dad and him don't talk to black people. Which is really confusing in itself. I don't really either, I have nothing in common really with most of the people that are black that I know. He talks to more people than I do. So it's just really weird. There's some other things she says too. I don't think she realizes it offends me.  

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Masked_Ven

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:09 pm
bollier
Yep. At work, one of my bosses made a gay joke at the expense of another co-worker behind his back and in front of me without knowing my sexuality. Basically, someone had taken a bottle of KY Jelly, and she said he needed to stop stealing from the store. I really wish I had said something, but it doesn't really matter anymore because she was fired. blaugh

xd

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:25 pm
my freinds keep telling me that i just need to go ahead and "come out already."
they're all either gay, bi, or in a straight and happy relationship with someone who is undoubtably MALE.
its mainly the lgbt people who im freinds with that are making the joke.
thing is, im straight as a board, and not to offend anyone, but there's absolutely no way that i ever could be Lesbian or Bi because of...things....that happened when i was little. (no i will not go into detail, especially not where just anyone can read, im paranoid)
they dont realize that them saying im secretly les is hurtful to me, and the only person in my group of freinds that knows doesnt do anything about it, and they all wonder why i get so snappy, moody and isolated after they pick on me because they're "just joking around".  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100