Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bisexual Guild

Back to Guilds

For Bi's to hang out and not be discriminated against. 

Tags: Bisexual 

Reply The Bisexual Guild!
Bisexual Self Resistance Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

randumbness-es-es

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone, after finding out they were bi or thought they were bi, found out that a part of them was trying to reject that part of you? A part of me wants to be "straight," but another wants to really explore my sexual orientation more to solidify my belief in what my sexual orientation is.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:42 pm
There's still a lot of homophobia in lots of aspects of my culture- keeping things on the down low is one way people get around it, but that's not very healthy for me.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 pm
I have experienced it a little bit internally myself. I had to "give myself permission" to actually fall in love with someone containing female bits. It was hard at first, then I found the source of the need to "give myself permission" did a reality check and followed my heart.

Part if it could be that perhaps you aren't as bi as you think you are.

Either way you need to explore yourself and poke those boundaries.

I would highly suggest sitting down, or finding someplace to be alone and ask your self these questions:

Why do I feel I am rejecting the bisexual part of me?
Where could these feelings have come from?
Am I okay with being myself?
If no, why?  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:03 pm
Blackrose_Knight
I have experienced it a little bit internally myself. I had to "give myself permission" to actually fall in love with someone containing female bits. It was hard at first, then I found the source of the need to "give myself permission" did a reality check and followed my heart.

I would highly suggest sitting down, or finding someplace to be alone and ask your self these questions:

If no, why?

Thanks, I'll have to find a quiet place. xD  

randumbness-es-es

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:06 pm
randumbness-es-es
Blackrose_Knight

If no, why?

I prefer the shower myself.. if that helps any.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:12 pm
Blackrose_Knight
randumbness-es-es
Blackrose_Knight

If no, why?

I prefer the shower myself.. if that helps any.

It's time for a shower! xD  

randumbness-es-es

Faemint

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:26 am
3nodding Yep, I've experienced that a lot. Especially because I grew up in a very sheltered, religious family. I did not know that it was even possible to like the same sex until like...high school. eek So sometimes it's still hard to be like "um yep I like guys and girls" and not think "omg I must be going to hell crying " but...I think I've gotten fair well reconciled to it. And erm...just more people to love? blaugh I do like that I don't have the barrier of "wrong naughty bits!" to falling in love with someone. Although I do have a boyfriend I'm most emphatically in love with. heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm
Lillielle
3nodding Yep, I've experienced that a lot. Especially because I grew up in a very sheltered, religious family. I did not know that it was even possible to like the same sex until like...high school. eek So sometimes it's still hard to be like "um yep I like guys and girls" and not think "omg I must be going to hell crying " but...I think I've gotten fair well reconciled to it. And erm...just more people to love? blaugh I do like that I don't have the barrier of "wrong naughty bits!" to falling in love with someone. Although I do have a boyfriend I'm most emphatically in love with. heart

Yeah, I guess I get that kind of feeling as well, since I was mostly sheltered, but found out things on my own anyways. xD And yep, I confirmed it. I'm bisexual, but only for certain guys. Like, I just realized how picky I am. Anyone know a Nathan Fillion look a like that would like to sweep Tina off her feet? xD  

randumbness-es-es

chiriko1308

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:10 am
Ur all bi

(so am i)
(with my fingers crossed)

UP MY ASSSSSS  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:39 pm
Nope...never had that problem...
BUT after I was consciously aware of the fact that I also liked girls...I started getting crushes.
The only issue now is if the person I am crushing on is straight or not. So far...I haven't crushed on a straight girl...that I know of. Haha  

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50

Kalgara

4,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am
I had that problem 7th and 8th grade it started to fad because of the fantastic people I met in private school in 9th and by 10th was pushed far out of my mind 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:59 am
Finding out I was pan rather than bisexual was a bit hard to take at first. And it's only been a recent discovery... dunno whether I fit into a Bisexual guild anymore, but I guess... this kind of labeling is what shits me about it all to begin with.

It's easy explaining bisexuality to people, even family. They get binary gender. They get that I can love women too. I have my whole life and have expressed attraction to males and females my whole life.

They don't want to get pansexuality because it's something they have never heard of and when asked about my sexuality I really don't want a half an hour long conversation. I'm not a walking advertisement for pansexuality, nor am I a sexualities lecturer. I don't have all the answers to why I'm this sexuality, and I really don't wanna become an expert in the entire rainbow of possible sexualities just to help others understand me.

But my sexuality being the opposite side of center is the least of my worries at present.  

Whip

Whip

Stellar Succubus

randumbness-es-es

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:48 pm
VVhip
Finding out I was pan rather than bisexual was a bit hard to take at first. And it's only been a recent discovery... dunno whether I fit into a Bisexual guild anymore, but I guess... this kind of labeling is what shits me about it all to begin with.

It's easy explaining bisexuality to people, even family. They get binary gender. They get that I can love women too. I have my whole life and have expressed attraction to males and females my whole life.

They don't want to get pansexuality because it's something they have never heard of and when asked about my sexuality I really don't want a half an hour long conversation. I'm not a walking advertisement for pansexuality, nor am I a sexualities lecturer. I don't have all the answers to why I'm this sexuality, and I really don't wanna become an expert in the entire rainbow of possible sexualities just to help others understand me.

But my sexuality being the opposite side of center is the least of my worries at present.

Yeah, sometimes it's easier for people to accept you if you have a label, but if it's something they can't understand, it's usually a pain in the a**. That sucks, and I think you should still stay, seeing as you might help others out in possibly finding what you did on your own, even if you're not a lecturer about it or what not.

Hope things are going better now?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:41 am
VVhip

I still, to this day have trouble fully grasping what exactly pan is. Could you maybe explain or link me to somewhere that does? And not wikipedia. I want a first person perspective.  

DoctorButler

6,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jaxyn Ryder

Wheezing Smoker

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:31 pm
i have had this happen to me before.. and i'm still kinda struggling thru it. i dont call myself Bisexual or Pansexual... i call myself an "open-lover", because i was raised to 'love' & care for everyone equally, no matter what they are like (mentaly slow, have cancer,, Etc.).
my only problem is my grandparents are HUGE homophobes. crying .& i live with them (total FML moment). i believe if i tell them, they will just end up calling me more names. so i have to play straight in front of them.
thats where i run into problems
because i play straight in front of my grandparents, my brain tells me that i should be straight,, but my heart says otherwise. idk what to do...

any advice?  
The Bisexual Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces