Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Come and Chat :D Everyone is invited! <3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxTacoeater69xx

8,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 am
Hello LGBT members and their allies ! Just wanted to start a thread and get to know some new people. Feel free to share your story or ask fro advice biggrin My name is Jessica and im proud to be a Lesbian. I only recently came out last year in April. I never thought my parents would be ok with it but oddly enough they totally support me!! U can say im lucky to have such easy going parents and i wish most people were understanding. I have had countless friends having to hide who they are and if thats anyone im here to support u smile Im also a part of the gay- straight alliance at my high school and its helped so much to spread awareness about bullying of LGBT students. Don't let anyone put u down for who u are!! heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:49 am
Hiya... Yea my brother is gay and wont come around part of my family, because they know he is gay and want to hurt him because of it and since they did that to him i wont tell anyone other than my older brother that im Bi. I'm even scared to tell them im Wiccan. SOmetimes i want a new family lol....!!! But anyway its nice to talk to someone lol <3<3<3 XD  

LilithBloodHeart

Cody Convicted

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 am
Hey there. I'm lesbian as well. My coming out to my family was kind of rough, but not because they were not supportive. It was a kind of nasty situation that I won't get into here.

I've been out for nearly 4 years now, and I'm happy. I've got a lovely girlfriend, although she lives about 10 hours away by car. If I could drive, I'd certainly make the trip. I was thinking of maybe flying down sometime to be with her. Money is a bit tight right now though.

That's my story, I guess.

Pride in my city is coming up in a few months. Can't wait. I walked in the parade last year. Some people say gay pride events are counter intuitive, but I find they're a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 am
Hello to you all, unfortunately I haven't quite figured out what I am.. yet. Probably because I was never really interested in going out with anyone. And there are no LGBT groups as far as I know in my area, although I do know some friends who are gay, and they are amazing to be with! 3nodding

But, I don't know what my family thinks about gay, lesbians etc. although I get that feeling that my brother doesn't like them...

And strangely, some of my friends supports gays, but not lesbians because they're girls.. confused

So that's my not very interesting story to you.  

Mysteries All Around

5,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100

TylerAnnihilate

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 am
Mysteries All Around
Hello to you all, unfortunately I haven't quite figured out what I am.. yet. Probably because I was never really interested in going out with anyone. And there are no LGBT groups as far as I know in my area, although I do know some friends who are gay, and they are amazing to be with! 3nodding

But, I don't know what my family thinks about gay, lesbians etc. although I get that feeling that my brother doesn't like them...

And strangely, some of my friends supports gays, but not lesbians because they're girls.. confused

Tell your friends they're retarded, because not supporting lesbiansis just as bad as them being homophobes at all.

Actually, they are homophobes. There's not much else can be said about that.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 am
TylerAnnihilate
Mysteries All Around

Tell your friends they're retarded, because not supporting lesbiansis just as bad as them being homophobes at all.

Actually, they are homophobes. There's not much else can be said about that.

Unfortunately I cant say that to them, especially since one of them has been my friend since we were little... -.- Though I'm determined to make them accept lesbians too at some point in the near future.  

Mysteries All Around

5,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:35 pm
xxTacoeater69xx
Hello LGBT members and their allies ! Just wanted to start a thread and get to know some new people. Feel free to share your story or ask fro advice biggrin My name is Jessica and im proud to be a Lesbian. I only recently came out last year in April. I never thought my parents would be ok with it but oddly enough they totally support me!! U can say im lucky to have such easy going parents and i wish most people were understanding. I have had countless friends having to hide who they are and if thats anyone im here to support u smile Im also a part of the gay- straight alliance at my high school and its helped so much to spread awareness about bullying of LGBT students. Don't let anyone put u down for who u are!! heart

It's great you're trying to get to know everyone, but there is a topic for this already located here or even posting a topic like this here would have been fine.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 pm
StormRaven2010
Hiya... Yea my brother is gay and wont come around part of my family, because they know he is gay and want to hurt him because of it and since they did that to him i wont tell anyone other than my older brother that im Bi. I'm even scared to tell them im Wiccan. SOmetimes i want a new family lol....!!! But anyway its nice to talk to someone lol <3<3<3 XD

Hey! I'm Pagan! And gay xD
we have something in common ha  

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

LilithBloodHeart

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:53 pm
wiccan_sk8er
StormRaven2010

Hey! I'm Pagan! And gay xD
we have something in common ha

lol yea i see that!!!!!!! <3  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 pm
StormRaven2010

yea i understand smile there r some of my family that are to religious to understand. hehe i had a friend that was Wiccan its pretty awesome.  

xxTacoeater69xx

8,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200

xxTacoeater69xx

8,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:20 pm
Cody Convicted
Hey there. I'm lesbian as well. My coming out to my family was kind of rough, but not because they were not supportive. It was a kind of nasty situation that I won't get into here.

I've been out for nearly 4 years now, and I'm happy. I've got a lovely girlfriend, although she lives about 10 hours away by car. If I could drive, I'd certainly make the trip. I was thinking of maybe flying down sometime to be with her. Money is a bit tight right now though.

Pride in my city is coming up in a few months. Can't wait. I walked in the parade last year. Some people say gay pride events are counter intuitive, but I find they're a lot of fun.

yea my gf is up in Ohio and im so excited because shes coming down to visit me the end of May. smile Ive always wanted to go to a pride event looks like a lot of fun!  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 pm
Mysteries All Around

hehe thats interesting. Its ok if you dont know what you are. dont feel pressured to fit into a certain place or group. Just be urself !! heart  

xxTacoeater69xx

8,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200

xxTacoeater69xx

8,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 pm
Insatiable Lust
xxTacoeater69xx

It's great you're trying to get to know everyone, but there is a topic for this already located here or even posting a topic like this here would have been fine.

im sorry XD im new to this guild  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 pm
xxTacoeater69xx
StormRaven2010

yea i understand smile there r some of my family that are to religious to understand. hehe i had a friend that was Wiccan its pretty awesome.

Yea i think its stupid but kool about the friend part.  

LilithBloodHeart

Cody Convicted

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:56 pm
xxTacoeater69xx
Cody Convicted

yea my gf is up in Ohio and im so excited because shes coming down to visit me the end of May. smile Ive always wanted to go to a pride event looks like a lot of fun!

My girl lives in Massachusetts and I'm in Canada. 3nodding
I don't know when we'll be able to see each other, but hopefully soon.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff