Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[STAFF] Rainbow, Cameilla Carter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:12 pm
XXXHero alias: Rainbow
XXXReal name: Cameilla Carter
XXXPowers/abilities: Cameilla is able to change colours at will and also to change the colours of anything in her immediate vicinity, intentionally if she's making direct eye contact with it, and unintentionally if she's simply feeling strong emotions. She can change her own colour intentionally without looking at herself, much like you can tie back your hair without looking in a mirror.

XXXWhich area is the character based/from: Crantel
XXXAge upon entering academy: 16
XXXHow did your character get their powers: Born with it!
XXXWhy enter academy: Cammy has always been a bit of a showoff and definitely enjoys attention. She's also something of a perfectionist, and knowing she was born with powers, no matter how useless they seem, she wants to make use of them. She's very idealistic, and has also been pushed towards being a hero by her father, known to the public as Vivichromatic from the late 1970s-1990s, who was raised by her very traditional Golden Age hero grandfather, Radiance. He approves of Cammy's career choice but disapproves of the Academy, since he was tutored by his father and believes the old fashioned way is the best way. However, Cammy likes being thorough, and applied to the school after a few years of arguing with her father over it to learn heroing in an environment cultivated for that purpose.
XXXStrengths: Cammy is very good with disorientation and camouflage. She's able to change colours so that she blends into a background or radically alter a background's colour to make it seem like something else.
XXXWeaknesses: The more complex the colour-shifting, the less stable it tends to be, if she were to hide in front of a portrait, all the different colours and blending would exhaust her far more than hiding in front of a plain blue screen. She's only able to recreate something complex as well as her own artistic eye lets her, so her attempting to blend into a portrait or the like would result in a Cammy-shaped part of the portrait that seemed more poorly painted than the rest. She also isn't the best sidekick physically speaking, and isn't exceptionally strong or flexible.
XXXPersonality: Cammy is naive. Having lived a very sheltered life so far, despite having been raised by two heroes and a grandma, she really doesn't know much about the world. However, she tends to think positively, and when something doesn't go her way, she bounces back. She's eager to be the best she can be, and by the best she can be, she means the best, because Cammy was raised to accept no less, and tries annoyingly hard to achieve the standards her grandfather has set for her. She has trouble accepting 'no' and more trouble accepting 'maybe' and she's persistent when she wants or needs something that she thinks will give her an edge. She's meticulously organized, her notes are colour coded, and all her information is tidy and accessible to her. However, though she's good at school, she's bad at people, and Cammy tends to stick to hanging out with her cat, Nyancat, or people who seem easy to please. She's bad at socializing and figuring out what people want from her, so the easier it is to make them like her, the better. She's a very awkward, shy girl trapped in a femme fatale body with femme fatale physical tics, and the results are often hilarious.

XXXGeneral backstory and why they decided to begin their path as ~*~Hero~*~: Cammy was born to now-retired 80s hero Vivichromatic, whose powers were colour manipulation, and now-retired 80s femme fatale villainess, Demoiselle Noire, whose powers were colour draining. Cammy herself was raised by her father, who both sought to shut Demoiselle Noire
out of his daughter's life, and was given her as Demoiselle Noire didn't want the responsibility of a child. Cammy was thus raised as carefully and cautiously as possible. Her grandfather, Radiance, was already disapproving of her existing at all, as he was very traditional about these kinds of things, but if she became a villainess like her mother it would be the family's biggest tragedy. Thus Cammy was raised by her father and grandparents with great emphasis on what was 'right' and 'wrong' and almost no emphasis on who her mother was or sex. They all feared that Cammy would develop a femme fatale mentality, and she has begun to develop flashes of it, but her naivete about the issue ensures that she has no idea what to do about it, let alone how to use it for evil. Instead, she's grown up to be a real go-getter, interested in truth and justice and being the best for the common good. However, she is somewhat shy and awkward, as her father was very overprotective of her as a child so she didn't socialize with children her age much. Her biggest independent decision has been to attend Sidekick Academy instead of being trained by her father, as she wants to be as good a hero as she can be, and also, secretly, she wants a little independence and an opportunity to try to find out who her mother is.

XXXLooks department: lol, coming soon. Cammy as a civilian used to change her hair, skin, and eye colours all the time when she was bored, but now that she's applying herself as a sidekick, she's trying to restrain so as to maintain a proper civilian identity. Her one weakness is her hair- she still shifts its colour fairly often as a civilian. Otherwise, she's settled on peachy skin like her dad and green eyes, though she's tempted to make them a little bluer or browner some days. As Rainbow, her colours really shift, and it's hard to find her sporting the same colours twice in one week. The only part of her outfit that never changes colour is her emblem, which is a colour wheel.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 am
~*~*~*~*~Helping Hand~*~*~*~*~

User Image

XXXName: Nyancat
XXXPowers: Rainbow projectiles
XXXPersonality: Nyancat is very judgemental and overprotective. To Cammy, he is perfectly charming and lovable, but he's watching everyone else. Like a tiny executioner, if you displease him, he will eat crayons and quietly vomit them into your shoes. However, if he deems you acceptable, he will sit on your head as a sign of his dominance and leave it at that. His favourite foods are crayons and pop tarts, but since he's a cat he can't really eat either of these things so Cammy has to take him to the vet for stomach pain a lot.
XXXOrigin: Nyancat was the hideous result of a chemical explosion in a factory located next to a kitten daycare. He was one of Vivichromatic's last good deeds before retiring to be a full time dad, and Vivichromatic took him home for his daughter. Nyancat is as old as Cammy, but so far as anyone knows, the chemicals have made it so he leads a terrible and awe-inspiring immortal life. Cammy named him Nyancat because 'nyan' is the only thing he ever says, not an actual meow, but the word 'nyan', often in repetition, leading her family to believe that the chemicals also altered his vocal chords.

kotaline

Deathly Darling

Rika Mayumi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:53 pm
She reminds me of this XD

Oh and when you said she can also change the color of the vicinity, does this mean a closed room? Or it also works on open spaces, with a certain distance? Oh does her power works on a whole room too?

And can she make metallic or neon colors? Like making a certain object, like a tree branch look like a metal, to intimidate... XD  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:18 am
LOL her nickname is Cammy as a reference to 'chameleon'. * u *b

Her power works anywhere she can see it. As soon as she stops looking at it, the thing she changed goes back to how it used to look, at least right now. The only time her power works on a whole room is when she's simply feeling a strong emotion and the colours change unintentionally, and that's only if the room is small. After she stops feeling that emotion, the colours change back.

She can only make something appear metallic or neon if she colours it like metal would appear illusionistically. So no, not until she takes art classes.  

kotaline

Deathly Darling

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:50 am
first of all, lmao @ Nyancat rofl

and question tiemz! I'm kinda curious, how extensive are her powers? You say that she can change the colour of things provided she's looking at it. Does she need to concentrate really hard to do that? Is there a limit to the kind of objects she can change the colours of? Like say, really big things like a building, or live things like animals and plants

... I like Demoiselle Noire a lot btw * v* <3  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:24 am
Cammy's powers are pretty extensive but difficult for her to control. They're at their most powerful when accidentally triggered by a strong emotion, so rather than controlling and shaping them herself it's just sort of colours shifting willy nilly. (i.e. if she gets hugged by someone she has a crush on, they both might turn pink, along with most of the room they're standing in, if she starts to cry, she might turn blue and turn everything at least a few feet away from her bluish.) When she tries to control her powers, it really depends on what mood she's in as well. It's more difficult to make cool colours when she's happy, it's harder to make warm colours when she's sad, and whites, blacks, and greys are always, always difficult. When she's controlling her colours, so long as she wants to do something simple, like turn everything orange, she has a radius about as big as when she does it by accident, about the size of a small room. However, unlike when she does it by accident, she has to be able to see the whole area she's changing, and the radius of her power is smaller if she isn't in the right mood. If she wants to do something more complex, like change the colours of a door to look like a wall, she has to stop and think about it, really focus, and that can be draining mentally. When she's changing something in a complex way, the radius is much smaller as well. She couldn't paint a mural on a wall with her powers as a rookie. As a hero she might be able to change the colour of a small building, but only if it was a simple colour, like from a white apartment building to a solid green one. Her radius will grow as her powers develop but it'll never be like 'RAINBOW CHANGES THE COLOURS OF AN ENTIRE NEIGHBOURHOOD' or anything. The only time her radius of effect will really spike is if she's genuinely in distress or feeling a particularly strong emotion like grief over a death that just happened right in front of her or something, lol. IN THAT CASE she might be able to change up to a city block, but it would all change back once whatever triggered it stopped, and she wouldn't have any control over it. However, there is no difference between changing the colour of a thing or a person or an animal or a plant: they all take the same amount of energy and neither is any more challenging to change than any other.

THANKS LOL I like film noir style villainesses. * u *b  

kotaline

Deathly Darling

seikueon

Aged Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:48 am
Okay...I see a problem. Other than Zax wanting her to forever change his powers' color and finding out she can't. If she has to look at what she's changing, she can't exactly hold herself flat against a wall and blend in.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:51 am
THAT'S TRUE, and I was thinking about that at work this morning, lolol. I think she's the exception to this rule? Like, she can change herself without looking at herself the same way that you could tie your hair in a ponytail without looking in a mirror, but you'd have to look at someone else's hair to tie it back. If that makes sense?  

kotaline

Deathly Darling

seikueon

Aged Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm
Ah, okay, I dig. Just include that up in the profile and I'm golden. <3  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:29 pm
Can I ask what she'll be doing as a staff in SA? Sooo, she's not a rookie?  

Rika Mayumi
Crew

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 pm
Huh? She's a rookie. o _ o  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:36 pm
Hmm, I'm confused, I know your a staff in SA, but I'm asking your character Cammy...so that does mean we crew will have staff characters? If not then what is her role as a staff in SA...? I'm dizzy... User Image  

Rika Mayumi
Crew

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:48 pm
LOL OH no she's a normal character. I put staff in the title because she's the character I plan to go for as my payment for guest art. Is that wrong? o A o  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:53 am
lol kota's right, staff is for characters that belong to... uh, staff, as payment * v*b  

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

Rika Mayumi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:04 am
LOL sorry I was confused I didn't know your a guess artist and the "staff" sign also applies to that rofl

I thought you're here for good. 3nodding  
Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff