Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:34 pm
So Zoul, has a happy home now, Ben (Tonya's Brother) took her to the vet and got her spayed and UTD. So since he is moving in with his dad, he is taking Zoul with him. She is a happy kitty so I'm happy for her. Tonya is moving in with one of our friends with I think Tsuki and maybe Scrunt with her when she goes, near the end of May.

Since I want to bring a cat up with me for my last year up here, and have a pet cat again. I may pick out one of the kittens that are dropped this year by the farm cats... since it would probably be the last year that any of them are taken inside. But I have also been looking on pet finder, and other than the humane society, there are a few other cat rescues around that have adoptions around $50.00. This would be slightly cheeper than taken in the kitten, and I can take in an older cat that is a bit calmer, already UTD and fixed.

I guess i'm not to sure which way I really want to go. Cause few of the farm kittens get a chance to be given the easy life (the really nice ones don't survive through winter, or they become super feral.) But there are many cats in shelters that need a second chance...and an older cat might adjust better to two bedroom apartment, and not be needing a lot of attention like a growing kitten would with all the energy.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 pm
So far cats I have kind of fallen in love with by just reading/looking at their pictures:

Lucretzea: 14 years old, Maine Coon mix. Have no clue really how to pronounce her name

Ibis: would probably slowly switch her name to Isis. Seems like a sweet cat, even with her IBS.... problem is I don't know If I would be able to afford a grainless food for her like Wellness.

Bright Eyes: She just looks so cute, enough said.

Peaches: Just seems like a cat that needs a home since she has been there since I got out of high school. She is short hair, and I love her eyes.

Sugarhas been in there longer than Peaches, short hair, amazingly cute... and loves to cuddle under blankets.... something that I do a lot in the winter months.

Blanche: an older cat again, and seems to still have some spunk left in her, and seems like she would be a cat that wouldn't mind just a two room apartment.

edit:

Rascal: I love his face! part of me wants to call him scar face ><  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

hiysinphlay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 pm
Mistress of Rain
So far cats I have kind of fallen in love with by just reading/looking at their pictures:

Lucretzea: 14 years old, Maine Coon mix. Have no clue really how to pronounce her name

Ibis: would probably slowly switch her name to Isis. Seems like a sweet cat, even with her IBS.... problem is I don't know If I would be able to afford a grainless food for her like Wellness.

Peaches: Just seems like a cat that needs a home since she has been there since I got out of high school. She is short hair, and I love her eyes.

Sugarhas been in there longer than Peaches, short hair, amazingly cute... and loves to cuddle under blankets.... something that I do a lot in the winter months.

Blanche: an older cat again, and seems to still have some spunk left in her, and seems like she would be a cat that wouldn't mind just a two room apartment.

I really like the idea of adopting a cat rather than taking one of the farm kittens personally. I'm not entirely sure why o.O lol but for some reason that sounds better to me -shrugs-

I really love the first one, Lucretzea. I would also have no idea how to pronounce her name but of course that's easily solved with asking xp Her age makes me a little sad :c I feel bad that she's 14 and doesn't have a home.

Second favorite is Blanche so pretty :3

Can you tell I love the long hair X3

Oh and Sugar has the most beautiful green eyes :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:18 pm
hiysinphlay
Mistress of Rain

I really like the idea of adopting a cat rather than taking one of the farm kittens personally. I'm not entirely sure why o.O lol but for some reason that sounds better to me -shrugs-

I really love the first one, Lucretzea. I would also have no idea how to pronounce her name but of course that's easily solved with asking xp Her age makes me a little sad :c I feel bad that she's 14 and doesn't have a home.

Second favorite is Blanche so pretty :3

Can you tell I love the long hair X3

Oh and Sugar has the most beautiful green eyes :3

XD yeah I like long hair cats too... and if you couldn't tell torts and calicos too >< When I go home I might call and set up appointments to meet the a few of the cats. Part of me really go out to the older cats, (same with dogs). They shouldn't have to spend that last part of their lives in a rescue...

OMG I think that Luc, or Blanche will be the ones... I just looked at adoption fees... Seniors are $20 for them to have a loving home.  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 pm
I also think that over the summer I might see if I can help out at the place.

I know money shouldn't be the reason, but it is nice that the cats that are older arn't $100 + dollars, so some people might be persuaded to get an older cat (they are all UTD, Spayed, wormed, FIV tested, and microchipped)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 pm
I think its loo-kret-zia (or maybe loo-kret-zaya I guess it depends on you) either way you could easily ask staff lol
and I adore bright eyes! and blanche,but I would myself go with a slightly younger one,only because I want to have more time with it xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 pm
Cowgirl- the last two cats I lived with were 22 when they passed (though I know that isn't always the case) I can see a on the lucky side of things having at least 5 years with the cat, maybe even 10 with blanche  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am
At 20$ each if the two get along you could take both the seniors. And give them a forever home until they part. If it was me, and we didn't have Kitty, that's what I'd do.  

Akiska

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 pm
I am not fully sure I could handle two cats + my gerbils + a 400(+) roommate all living in a two bedroom apartment. the gerbils will be sitting in the living room, and I was planing on letting the cat have my room be her sanctuary. Perhaps I could get my roommate to come and visit the cats, and see if he falls for either of them, and he does let him adopt one... so we could at least split the cost of the food and litter then in the apartment. (and one will have his room as a hide away and one will have mine.

But I know down the roade where I'm going to be looking to adopt.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games