Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zeldanator
Captain

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 pm
Hey guys looking for some Ocarina of Time on the go, Nintendo today unveiled that the 3DS game Ocarina of Time will be released on June 19th.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 pm
Hopefully that means the new Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo Wii won't be too far behind either... I know that I shouldn't complain but it kinda sucks that there won't be a screenshot caption contest, I was actually looking forward to it. I am however looking forward to the upcoming contest of course 3nodding  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:27 pm
Can't wait. biggrin But it's going to take me some time just to save up for the 3DS, so I'll probably won't get it until a couple of months after it comes out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 pm
fairy-phoenix
Hopefully that means the new Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo Wii won't be too far behind either... I know that I shouldn't complain but it kinda sucks that there won't be a screenshot caption contest, I was actually looking forward to it. I am however looking forward to the upcoming contest of course 3nodding
Well Fairy I may consider doing it again in the future, the main thing is we are only working with 100,000 in Gaia Gold given to us over the years, it would be nice to get some more in the pot, but since funds are so low we got to keep contests minimal at this time well until they open the actual guild donation slot for contests instead of using that gold for subs and announcements which I doubt they will do.

Monthly contests are better as we are more inclined to bigger prizes, but this goes back up above that we work on whats given or out of my own Gaia gold, so ya as long as Guild funds holds up their will be contests.

Back on topic, ya I agree this means Skyward Swords is just around the corner unless we are dealing with another TP situation, which could happen, we know how Nintendo likes to perfect Zelda and I would much rather have a perfected game over a rushed one.  

Zeldanator
Captain

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:23 pm
Zeldanator
fairy-phoenix
Well Fairy I may consider doing it again in the future, the main thing is we are only working with 100,000 in Gaia Gold given to us over the years, it would be nice to get some more in the pot, but since funds are so low we got to keep contests minimal at this time well until they open the actual guild donation slot for contests instead of using that gold for subs and announcements which I doubt they will do.

Monthly contests are better as we are more inclined to bigger prizes, but this goes back up above that we work on whats given or out of my own Gaia gold, so ya as long as Guild funds holds up their will be contests.

Back on topic, ya I agree this means Skyward Swords is just around the corner unless we are dealing with another TP situation, which could happen, we know how Nintendo likes to perfect Zelda and I would much rather have a perfected game over a rushed one.
Thanks for informing me of the reason, and what did you mean by TP situation?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 am
fairy-phoenix
Zeldanator
fairy-phoenix

I agree with Zeldanator. I would much rather have a perfected game over a rushed one. My friend couldn't seem to get that in their head at the time when they were frustrated at all the delays. I myself didn't really mind at all.

As for the TP situation...When TP came out it was originally dated to be released in November of 2005 and then it was announced delayed until April of 2006. However that didn't happen either and it ended up coming out in November of 2006 coinciding with the release of the Wii. I was so glad they still released it for Game Cube because I knew I wouldn't be getting a Wii anytime soon (still need to save up enough money for one, a cut in hours will do that for you but luckily I have nice friends and a sister who lets me play theirs once in a while). I was very worried that it would be a Wii only game.

BlackMN

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:43 pm
BlackMN
fairy-phoenix
Zeldanator
fairy-phoenix

I agree with Zeldanator. I would much rather have a perfected game over a rushed one. My friend couldn't seem to get that in their head at the time when they were frustrated at all the delays. I myself didn't really mind at all.

As for the TP situation...When TP came out it was originally dated to be released in November of 2005 and then it was announced delayed until April of 2006. However that didn't happen either and it ended up coming out in November of 2006 coinciding with the release of the Wii. I was so glad they still released it for Game Cube because I knew I wouldn't be getting a Wii anytime soon (still need to save up enough money for one, a cut in hours will do that for you but luckily I have nice friends and a sister who lets me play theirs once in a while). I was very worried that it would be a Wii only game.
I think I did remember hearing about people wanting the game on Gamecube as well a few years ago. Thanks a lot for explaining the Twilight Princess Situation.  
Hyrule Field "Main Discussion"

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games