Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
Emmotional Investment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 am

How emotionally invested are you in your path?
Is there a point where a person can become TOO emotionally invested?
What is that point?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:54 pm

I would say that an example of a person being to emotionally invested in their path is when they louse all sense of identity and self just because they learn that the NAME of their path is not what they've been calling it.

Seriously, so the name was wrong. That doesn't make your path any different than it was before!

(This recently happened in another guild I belong to.)

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm
I would say I am more emotionally invested than I am physically. I just don't have the time to do much, but I can always think it and feel it no matter where I am. And I'm sure you do not always need a ritual to pay respect to your gods.

I do believe that there are many people who are too innvolved, physically and emotionally. It seems to consume their entire life sometimes. I know there are many infamous examples out there, so no need to list them here. But I am mainly talking about the everyday people who constantly say things like "God bless" or "let me recite something". I didn't want to make it all sound Christian because I am sure there are others who do the same thing.

@Ren LehCrow: Wow. I could not imagine seeing something like that happen. There are people who follow a faith and don't even have a name for it, and they're just fine with it. But I could imagine that if you claim to be, say Wiccan, but learn you truely are not (not like all the fluffs out there) you may be upset or embarrased. I would be embarrassed with something like that since it has a strong meaning.

*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games