Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Getting Down and Dirty...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IIBlack-Embers48II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:42 pm
Okay, so, I was thinking and really starting to get hopes up for a little herb garden this spring/summer! Im really, pretty new to Witchcraft, but, I find herbalism fascinating and I really wanted to start using some herbs for things like creating my own incense and for little magickal herb bags. But, I dont know what I should start with! I dont want a huge garden, and I dont want something to hard to plant. If its not very easy to grow, the herbs just probably will die, because I have almost never grown or gardened anything before (other than my third grade bean plant...)
So, does anyone suggest anything? I live in the USA, in Toledo, Ohio. A small town in the north-west corner of Ohio, right on the tip of the West side of Lake Erie and below the south-east point of Michigan. The weather is pretty nice in late spring, being very... Spring-y? Spring-like... lol We have a lot of rain in the spring, and temps around mid. to high 60's on a good, late spring day (Like, the end of April, into May would be late spring.) In the summer it can be pretty hot. Ranging up to mid 80's sometimes. Its pretty dry too, but nothing a garden hose cant fix! Plenty of sunlight, too!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm
Merry Meet!
I apologize it took so long for you to get a reply!
I myself started a little herb garden before I went off to college, unfortunately I didn't take my plants with me D:
Anyway though! The easiest plant that I found to take care of is basil. I had mine growing inside on a window sill and it was beautiful! Still wish I would've taken it with me! You could also try planting oregano, dill, and rosemary. Those were the plants that grew the easiest but you will need to water them everyday. I kept my basil plant in a glass vase since I had no more pots; it was a pretty big vase mind you. It grew easily since the water stayed in the soil but keep up with them and use them accordingly! That's the only advice I can give since I can't remember most of the things we had growing on my farm when I was little.
Blessed be!

Materu Shioni

O.G. Wife

The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas