Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:11 pm
"Hah, no, no we aren't! We're on a island, and its true what they said about friends that can see shadows as well, heck I'm one of them already!" She smiled warmly and started to slowly guide her cousin by the shoulders towards the markings that led to the Cove. "Fighting is just part of what we have to do, you'll understand more as you wake up further and your memories get less hazy promise ok?" Releasing her cousin she gave her a thumbs up and then paused.

"Anyways Nellie...we all wake up here, hunters that is, this is were it all starts for us or really the start of where it all starts?" She puckers her lips to the side then rubs over her chin. "What I mean is, we need to get you down to find your partner, once you - or rather - it finds you, you'll be able to understand more of what I'm talking about ok?" Giving her signature trust me smile she motions to the signs along the wall. "Just follow those, I'll be right behind you at least until you go down the stairs, then after you get your partner I'll show you around and help you get situation into your division!" Lilac crossed her fingers for moon but didn't bother to tell Nellie that yet.

baby_gwing
Go forth butterfly! ovo <33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 pm
The lights were too bright. Her head felt as if it weight a ton. Had she been sleeping for a thousand years? Like Sleeping Beauty perhaps. Memories trickled in slow like molasses. Her life before coming here. The trials that felt more like a terrible nightmare.

Kiki stumbled, tripping on the edge of the pod and falling flat on her face with a terribly ungraceful squawk. Her nightgown rumpled behind and over her head, frilly bloomers keeping some of her virtue intact.

So dizzy. So bright. Kiki groaned, feeling as if she'd be sick. Where the ******** was she anyway?  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:35 pm
The usual sounds of an opening pod had alerted the dainty sun hunter that something was going on somewhere within the seemingly endless rows and rooms of pods, and she'd jumped up out of her seat and hurriedly made her way down the nearest aisle, searching. It hadn't sounded especially close, so her first instinct was to check deeper, back by where Astrid's pod had been.

It was there she found the newest recruit, stumbling out of the pod and falling face first on the hard floor before Pey could dart forward to catch her. The resulting squawk had the senior Hunter wincing, but she knelt down and lay a hand on the other girl's back. "You okay?"

bittiface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:39 pm
A hand on her back, and an unfamiliar voice. She was not at home, was she? This place was.... terribly tacky. Some Scy Fi loser pit. Where was her fluffy pink bedroom?

.....oh. Right. That thing she did.

"Nynnghh..." Kiki groaned again, rolling to her side and sitting up. The girl she was faced with was... small. Dainty. ******** this b***h, why was she smaller than her? Was she after her Fairest of the All crown?

b***h needed to die.

Groggily, she glared uncertainly. "******** are you?" She looked around. "The ******** is this?"

Beejoux

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 pm
"Careful," she cautioned, taking her hand back and leaning back on her heels as the newbie rolled onto her side and pushed her self up more or less upright.

What ever she might have said--kind urgings to be careful, no doubt--were trapped behind her teeth as the recruit cut in with a few questions of her own. "I'm Peyton, and this is Deus Ex Machina." Lips pressing into a thin line, the smaller girl rose back up to her feet, thought about offering a hand down, and did so only after a short internal debate.

"You'd been asleep for a while, so your legs might be a little unsteady for the next few minutes. Don't worry, that'll go away quickly." If not by the time--she glanced at the name plate on the now empty pod--Kitty ******** Kitty?) got to the cove to find her partner, than certainly after."Do you remember how you got here? Your Recruiter, what they said?"

bittiface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm
Peyton? What a bitchy name. Peyton. Tch.

She groggily got up to her feet with Peyton's (spit yuck) help. She indeed felt wobbly. This stunk. A charming Prince should have been here to help her. A Prince would have caught her as she fell and saved her nose from a bruise. But NO. She ******** Peyton.

"I uh.... Yeah. I ordered pizza....." She suddenly gasped and grabbed Peyton's shoulder tightly. "The Pizza Man!" She grinned widely.

"He told me he was gunna save me from the monsters that kept keeping me from my gaming and sleep!!!!! He took me away after I packed up my favourite things in the world, and he took me through a magical glowing portal!"

"WHERE IS THE PIZZA MAN!?"

Beejoux

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 pm
Hands freed up, they slipped easily into her back pockets, and then stayed there as her shoulders were grabbed. She did blink, startled by the sudden man-handling, but really, that was nothing to nonsense that came flooding from the poor girl's mouth. "How hard did you hit your head?"

<b***h be cray.>

That's not nice.

"You're gunna have to be a little more specific than that. There isn't anyone here that works as a pizza guy." She frowned, expression worried, boarding on exasperation. "We're Hunters. We do fight monsters. It's our job to protect the rest of the world from the things that go bump in the night. And when I say 'our', that includes you now, too." Her voice was patient, for the most part, though she had a new appreciation for those that found themselves on pod duty more often than she ever did, and had to sift through all the crazies.

Pey had only been around for Gwen and Astrid's awakening, and they'd both been pretty damn mild.

"You won't be alone in this. Aside from all your fellow Hunters you'll be provided with a partner that will be with you 24/7. Would you like to go meet them now?"

bittiface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm
Her smile wavered uncertainly. "Huh?" What did her head have to do with the Pizza Man?

"Ugh, NO, dummy!" She scoffed. "He wasn't like, a REAL Pizza man! It was a disguise so he could come find me! Duh." She flipped her hair after letting Peyton go.

"He said like, that he works for a magical place that fights monsters or whatever, of course he did." The Pizza Man knew this stuff, okay? She didn't need a stupid little blonde girl to tell her. Obvs.

When Peyton made sure to let Kiki know she too would be 'working', her cute little face went horribly sour. "Uhhhhhh, excuse me?" She scoffed again. "Don't talk to me like that! Did you look at me and ASSUME I won't work!? That is so arrogant! Like, I get it. You're probably like..." She then made very animated quotation marks, "Experienced or whatever. Tch. But for real. Tone down the Judgement, Boss lady."

She did not like the idea of being proactive. She thought she'd be going on an adventure with a Pr----

"Hold up. Partner? 24/7? Ummm...." Would that be her prince? "What about showers? Like, I've read sexy fanfiction and s**t, but that's too much for me. I need my space."

xBeejoux

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 pm
Oh this was just peachy.

A slow, unpleasant smile began to form along glossed lips as Kitty started up and just kept on talking. Every word coming from her pretty little mouth just one more nail on the coffin that was this very bad first impression.

Although, she admitted, grinning inwardly, Boss lady had a real nice ring to it.

"Tough titties, sweetheart." If politeness wasn't going to work here, well, there were other ways. "Everyone here gets a partner, no exceptions. Without one, in a matter of weeks, you'll be dead. And not just dead, but melted-into-a-little-painful-pile-of-goo, dead. Your partner is what is going to keep you alive, on this island, and on missions. Assuming you train yourself and learn to work with your partner. And even then, luck plays a big part of it.

"As for space? Well. To start out with you'll be given a small room. If you're lucky it'll be on the first floor, if you're not, the basement, and those are really more like cells." She chuckled to herself, smile growing. "And all the showers and bathrooms are communal until you get to my rank and get to move up onto the second floor." She was over sharing, by a lot, and harshly, but Kitty had rubbed her the wrong way, and when prodded, Peyton could be a real b***h. "And that'll take at least a year."

Smile stretching into an all out grin, she pulled her hands out of her pockets and brought them around to clasp before her chest with an audible smack. "Now then! Are we ready to meet our partner?" The cool, amused drawl had melted into exaggerated sugary sweetness.

bittiface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm
Um, ew! This was so uncool! The Pizza Man totally sugar coated this whole Life Mission s**t!

"A cell!!?!??!?!" No! This was.....

She'd CLEARLY been coerced by the enemy! It was a trap! The Princess is in the wrong castle! "You can't throw me in jail!!!" She screeched. And then the gloating started. Miss Bossy b***h was all aglow with her experience and RANK and BEDROOM. Communal showers!? Icky!!!

"I can't get naked in front of people! That is SO nasty!!! This place is BOGUS!" Maybe she'd been better off at home....

No.. no, it was scarier the older she got there. Every night, every dark corner they came for her. This was best. No more worrying her father with night terrors and things he couldn't see.

She sucked in a breath after that, remembering why she did this. For Daddy. For the King.

However, Peyton's switch to patronizing b***h face was making it very hard to pretend she was a good girl. With gritted teeth, Kiki said "Yeah. Fine. Whatever." She huffed and waved her hand for Peyton to lead her.

"He better be ******** Hot."

Beejoux

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm
Peyton waited for the backlash. The crying, the whining, the screaming. There was the tiniest of shocked outrage, barely a even a complaint, but then Kitty was swallowing all that indignation and aggression.

It was enough to placate the Senior Hunter enough to drop the patronizing bullshit. The grin melted into the smile she'd started this all with, and wordlessly she turned to lead the way.

"I won't matter,' she added after a few moments of quiet. "How they look." She could have explained that her partner would be some kind of weapon, that they were in her mind, but really, nothing she could say would adequately prepare the other girl for what she would encounter down in that cove and for the rest of her existence. She'd find out soon enough, and either she and her partner would get along, or they wouldn't.

There was nothing she, or anyone, could do to change it. It was as close to fate as Peyton cared to accept.

bittiface

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:39 pm
It wasn't as if Xi wanted to get up or anything, but unfortunately she did. She was having a pretty fantastic dream involving very easy to count, simple permutations of 3!6's in a number set when her body informed her that it was very much awake.

She slowly cracked one eye open, then the second, then tensed, causing all her remaining muscles to protest dramatically. This was very wrong. This place was just like that one dream which had something to do with some short blonde kid, and some James Bond villain, and for some reason peeling eggs. Nope. None of that. Absolutely not.

She did her best to lie in the pod very still with her eyes wide open and hope it would go away.

nothing yet
ok i need you xoxox

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 pm
Truly, Mimsy had no idea whose cruel idea of a joke continued to force her to attend to the pods. It was the most dull of duties, and on the off chance that something did happen, she was certainly not the most personable of attendants. The annoyance had been compounding for some time now, and today was the day that she decided to fight back by misbehaving.

Her act of extreme rebellion was to read her own recreational material while on duty, which had allowed her to get through almost half of a book called 'Love and Math' before the output on one of the pods began to change, seemingly indicating that the candidate within it was showing signs of higher consciousness.

Considering the circumstances, she immediately believed that this was a direct result of her disobedience.

She clenched her teeth and issued a silent apology to Dr. H as she snatched up a clipboard, and tucked her troublesome book under her arm before heading down the row of pods that the apparent waking candidate had been sleeping in. In her experience, the incoming trainees tended to speak almost immediately, and oftentimes scrambled around like newborn deer on feeble little legs.

It was for this reason that she accidentally skipped over the correct pod entirely, and had to double back to locate it. This one was not speaking or moving, but her eyes were open.

Odd.

With a faint sigh, she raised her brows and leaned more closely towards the wide-eyed candidate, matching her owlish stare without a word.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:35 am
It was heartening to know that she had family here on this mysterious island that she had woken up on and that Lilac actually shared the same ability in seeing the shadows that no one including her own parents had. "Island... Nellie doesn't think that she understands everything just yet but Nellie is glad that Lilac is here." She verbalised the relief she felt with a smile, a hand lifting to rest over one of her cousin's while she allowed herself to be guided towards where she needed to go next.

"Nellie is going to have a partner?" Looking somewhat sombre, she contemplated asking Lilac if there was any way that they could be partnered together instead, already starting to get butterflies in her stomach and dreading what was awaiting her down the steps to the Cove. "Isn't there an alternative..." Pausing mid-sentence, she chewed on her lower lip then shook her head. Things were going to be different here. She had to at least give herself a chance to reevaluate her new environment and the people she was going to come into contact with.

"Okie Lilac. Nellie will get right on that then." Taking a step forward and another, she turned to glance back at her cousin with a smile then started to make her way down to the Cove.

Cheekiebirdiee
/ flutters

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:21 pm
Xi calmly knocked on the pod glass, waiting politely for Mimsy to open it.

nothing yet

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games