Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 pm
(( Ugh, sorry for the disappearance. My provider is having major problems loading Gaia and LJ right now. If I go silent/offline again, it'll be the same problem. Thankfully only two and a half hours til I can go home and use my non-crappy Internet. ))

"Firepony freaked us all out," D7 reassured Thev. "I'm just good at not thinking before I do stuff."

Like attacking the pendant owner straight away before he realised he was painting almost as big a target on his back by doing so. Maybe all those wounds he'd taken would teach him to think before acting next time. ... Or maybe not.

"I wouldn't mind exploring this place. See if we can't find a cove." He gestured around at the flat land they sat on. Both Thev and Deli had good points about exploring, and this area. "I figure we're not meant to do anything before our missing Theta shows. Otherwise the phones would've gone off again, yeah?"

The people running this place hadn't been shy about making their wishes known before. If they were quiet now, D7 figured they were waiting for all their pawns to assemble in the one place.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm
((It's cool. I gotta try and sleep before too long thanks to a bunch of errand running I need to do tomorrow. Boo. Haha the guys dressed/done like MLP:FiM ponies amuses me.))

"Hard to not be freaked out by a flaming pony of death," Theta Seven agreed sagely and then looked at Deli when he spoke up and gave a small shrug in response. He wasn't sure what they were supposed to do though racing to find something seemed odd. Why summon everyone and have the button press take you there if there was supposed to be some sort of a race. It seemed to defeat the purpose of having a nifty button that did that for you.

"Well, Davii, if it makes you feel better I don't hold it against you or nothin'. The people you fought with might but...We're cool," he assured simply with a small chuckle. He didn't really mind or care and probably would expect no less from anyone else if he happened to get a pendant - ever. "I guess we could look around...though. Just don't know if that'll end well for any of us right now..."

Too many times of things leaping out at him or a companion and trying to murder him had made him a bit leery but he didn't want to seem like a big old boring mcboring-pants.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"We are gathered here today to..."

The figure paused. "Okay I lied. This wasn't actually a lottery, it was more of, what shall we call it, oh yes. A culling. And you four people are the lucky participants of the day. Huzzah!"

Noone else cheered.

Said figure scratched their head. "Damn, I say this every single time and noone is ever excited. Maybe I should rewrite my opening speech..." Or maybe they should re-evaluate their sanity level. "At any rate, sorry to keep you fine young citizens waiting, I was dealing with some technical difficulties from backstage. Anyway, the props are good to go, the setting is made, so if you please..."

From behind it, the once flat patch of ground literally collapsed within itself, to reveal a stairway, one that lead into a dark abyss of nothingness. "Come now, don't be shy. One at a time."

((OOC: Feel free to rp actions up to walking towards the staircase - if applicable - until the second post is set up))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 pm
"What the hell is that!?" D7 demanded, overbalancing where he rested on the ground. He scrambled to his feet and grabbed at his stake. Not that it would do much against a giant, glowing blue scythe.

His brain froze, unable to process the figure's speech as it instead focused on appearance. Scythe. Black cloak. Deeply shadowed hood - D7 couldn't even tell if that was a face under ******** s**t," he said, stunned. "Is that... Death?"

First giant fireponies, now the grim reaper. This island was weirder and weirder all the time. He watched as the Reaper made a staircase appear and encouraged them to walk up to... god knows what. Their instant death? Some other battleground?

To Thev and Deli, he muttered, "You guys think they maybe have drugs going through these masks?" This sort of stuff wasn't real. Couldn't be. Right? ... Right?

To walk to the staircase or to stay where he was... Staying put would probably piss off Death, who wanted them to climb. But there was no guarantee that they wouldn't die the moment they reached the top of the stairs, either. D7 wondered which was the lesser of two potential deaths.  

kalindara

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm
Theta Seven blinked over at the appearance of the new being and then felt his inside grow cold not because of the appearance of the figure but because of the words it used. Culling. Lucky participants. Mostly the culling part. He wasn't sure he liked that word he could vaguely remember what it meant but it was one of those words that didn't bring happy sunshine fun into his mind so .. naturally he didn't cheer, at all. He just stood stunned.

He flicked a gaze over at Davii and shifted his shoulders, "I don't know anymore. This is too crazy to be a bad drug trip," he said simply and then looked at the appearance of steps with a small frown behind his mask. Should he rebel or should he just go with the flow and hope this was actually some sort of weird cosmic joke asking him to call the figure's bluff.

Theta Seven clenched his hands into a fist and started to move forward tenatively. Don't be shy indeed...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 pm
Much like Davii did, Deli scrambled to grab his weapon - only to remember that the nunchuks were stashed away in his backpack. Why did he do that again?

Oh right. He didn't know how to use them. Still, his frightened movements quickly, if jerkily, ripped the thing out, zipping the backpack up in one swoop. The weapon lay curled in his hand for the moment, though, for Davii's comment about Death made him pause.

Would be kinda stupid to try and attack him if so, eh?

"Oh a-awesome. Here're some packages for you, D-D-Death," Deli stammered, followed by a nervous laugh, as he set half of the nunchuks into his belt for easier access.

Then the guy watched as the hooded figure erected a staircase down into darkness, urging them forward. God . . . if this wasn't Hell already! Deli thought with a gulp.

Davii wasn't moving and poor Thev was stuck still as well. "If there's drugs going through the filter, it definitely ain't the right kind," he muttered to Davii. "All the tales I heard were mostly 'tripping balls' and rainbows and unicorns. Not God damn fog and horses of fire and - and friggen Death man . . ."

He was shuddering a little by this point. Was it worse to obey or disobey? So far nobody that he knew had died yet by following orders . . .

Deli took a step forward, hands clenched in fists to keep them from trembling too noticeably. "Wh-Where's it lead to? Who are you?" he asked, slowly moving forward.

Step. By hesitant. Step.

Mediciner

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 pm
"Oh crap my bad, wrong set of stairs."

None of the squad members even had time to open their mouth as the ground opened up and swallowed them whole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:21 pm
THE COVE:

It was dank in there, it was dark in there, and the lighting was really something awful. Apparently noone had thought about investing in fluorescent lighting. Torches on the walls? Honestly, what was this, the middle ages?

There was a thud from behind the four squad members. "Okay, tread lightly, sorry about the mess, we had a little accident earlier, roof caved in, blahblahblah, anyway, usually this place looks better."

'Better' being quite a difficult word to imagine in this situation. The room itself was more of a hallway that stretched almost infinitely into the darkness beyond, perhaps no more than ten feet across in length. An empty cellar cage was placed behind them, as well as evident signs of wear and tear: giant chunks of rock that littered the entire hallway, making it very hard to navigate through.

Said figure kicked one of those rock pieces aside. "Trust me, its better now, it was much much worse last week. No, I don't even want to talk about it, my back still hurts from moving all those rocks."

They continued talking, moving further away from the four. "Anyway" - CLANK - "You are gathered today to- "CLACKCLACKCLACK - "Participate in a simple training exercise. The rules are simple. Survive for the next few hours, and you make it. You have your weapons handy after all." THUD.

And then the voice came from nowhere, the figure was gone. "Shall I give you a hint? One is stronger than many."

Something hissed against the ground, was it the squad members' imagination, or were the shadows really moving?

((OOC: SURVIVAL ROUND

- Your character has been pitted for the rest of the IC day against these ??? creatures (ETA: 24 OOC hours) . You have at your disposal all your weapons and first aid kit. They will be GM'ed by our various wonderful TiH staff!
- You can either choose to target one monster or request backup on the monster by another character. It is up to you how your character wants to approach the creature, ICly communicate with the other four how you want to approach this.
- More creatures can attack you at once, but like PVP you can only attack once per round. If you are being attacked by monster A or B, you CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE, and that signifies the end of your round.
- Please make sure to QUOTE the monster that you attack. You cannot attack back until said monster has made a move.
- Please treat this battle with the regular battle/turn based rules.
- IF YOU DIE, please move your post to the Death Orp thank you! ))  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Mediciner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:34 pm
So much for stairs.

"s**t on a s**t stiiii -!" was all Deli managed to get out before the ground swallowed them all up. One rough landing later, the guy was on his feet in a completely different area.

Scratch that. He landed on his feet and crumpled to the ground. Then he hastily got up with several groans; the nunchuks on his belt, not even five seconds removed from his backpack, were already proving a nuisance.

"Swell set of stairs, Mysterio," he grumbled, rubbing the offended leg. Grumbling or not, however, Deli did listen to the figure's instructions and piece of advice (if it could be called as such). Training exercise? He could only wonder what that would be, since the hooded man's definition of a staircase apparently also included "pit".

The area they were in now, beyond being cluttered by rocks, was also poorly lit. Already Deli was beginning to get goosebumps, and he pulled out his weapon to be at the ready. "Don't like this . . . Stick back to back and close to each other," he said as he heard (or thought he heard) noises in the shadows.

Out of the fire and into the frying pan.

(( *runs to sleep, but will check back in before classes tomorrow* ))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 pm
Delta Seven yelled as the ground fell away beneath him. He flailed wildly til he hit the ground. It wasn't as long a drop as it had seemed in his mind. He gingerly sat up and tested his limbs - nothing seemed broken.

He quickly stood as the Reaper kept talking. D7 paid close attention, hoping for hints as to what would keep him alive. The phrase 'one is stronger than many' stood out. But of course there was no way to know if that was in regards to whatever else was down here, or to the humans here for 'culling'. It almost sounded like they shouldn't work together.

D7 shrugged. He could start off on his own. If things got bad, they could change plans.

Then the shadows started moving and D7 lost some of his composure. "Too weird to be a drug trip," he agreed belatedly with Thev. He eyed the writhing shadows. "How many d'you think there are? Should we take 'em one on one? Back to back sounds good, Deli." D7 moved into said position. Even if their only clue was to tough it out alone, that didn't mean they should leave more openings than they had to.

[[HP: 30
Driving home, bbs.]]  

kalindara

Dragain rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-8)

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Pales
Theta Seven blinked over at the appearance of the new being and then felt his inside grow cold not because of the appearance of the figure but because of the words it used. Culling. Lucky participants. Mostly the culling part. He wasn't sure he liked that word he could vaguely remember what it meant but it was one of those words that didn't bring happy sunshine fun into his mind so .. naturally he didn't cheer, at all. He just stood stunned.

He flicked a gaze over at Davii and shifted his shoulders, "I don't know anymore. This is too crazy to be a bad drug trip," he said simply and then looked at the appearance of steps with a small frown behind his mask. Should he rebel or should he just go with the flow and hope this was actually some sort of weird cosmic joke asking him to call the figure's bluff.

Theta Seven clenched his hands into a fist and started to move forward tenatively. Don't be shy indeed...

Something seems to stir in the fog, and then leaps towards you!

HP: 4
Damage: 0

demon_pachabel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:44 pm
kalindara
Delta Seven yelled as the ground fell away beneath him. He flailed wildly til he hit the ground. It wasn't as long a drop as it had seemed in his mind. He gingerly sat up and tested his limbs - nothing seemed broken.

He quickly stood as the Reaper kept talking. D7 paid close attention, hoping for hints as to what would keep him alive. The phrase 'one is stronger than many' stood out. But of course there was no way to know if that was in regards to whatever else was down here, or to the humans here for 'culling'. It almost sounded like they shouldn't work together.

D7 shrugged. He could start off on his own. If things got bad, they could change plans.

Then the shadows started moving and D7 lost some of his composure. "Too weird to be a drug trip," he agreed belatedly with Thev. He eyed the writhing shadows. "How many d'you think there are? Should we take 'em one on one? Back to back sounds good, Deli." D7 moved into said position. Even if their only clue was to tough it out alone, that didn't mean they should leave more openings than they had to.

[[HP: 30
Driving home, bbs.]]

Something seems to stir in the fog, and then leaps towards you! However, it misses!

HP: 5

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Pales rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:47 pm
Dragain

Something seems to stir in the fog, and then leaps towards you!

Theta Seven felt himself go a bit limp and suddenly he was on the floor after being swallowed up by the floor. He felt a bit like a ragdoll and soon he was up again shifting and adjusting everything on his person and as he listened to the figure ramble onwards about things and he didn't hesitate to get out his mace to help potentially protect himself against the ... whatever was the hissing of something that was on the ground.

He shifted a bit closer to his momentary allies and nodded a bit, "Back to back might be good, though considerin' how much we lack in fightin' skill we might want to try and stay out of each other's way a bit...?" He really didn't feel like getting hit by friendly fire.

"Try and call for help if you really nee--Oh s**t," suddenly something leapt out at him and he was engaged in a sudden battle and had to swing to protect himself only to end up scraping his thigh with his own weapon, "Damn it!"

((Weapon being used: Mace/Small hand club
Total Damage to self: 4 (3.5 which is half of 7)
Total Damage to opponent FOG MONSTER: 0
Total HP value left: 17))  
Dragain rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-8)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:03 am
Pales
Theta Seven felt himself go a bit limp and suddenly he was on the floor after being swallowed up by the floor. He felt a bit like a ragdoll and soon he was up again shifting and adjusting everything on his person and as he listened to the figure ramble onwards about things and he didn't hesitate to get out his mace to help potentially protect himself against the ... whatever was the hissing of something that was on the ground.

He shifted a bit closer to his momentary allies and nodded a bit, "Back to back might be good, though considerin' how much we lack in fightin' skill we might want to try and stay out of each other's way a bit...?" He really didn't feel like getting hit by friendly fire.

"Try and call for help if you really nee--Oh s**t," suddenly something leapt out at him and he was engaged in a sudden battle and had to swing to protect himself only to end up scraping his thigh with his own weapon, "Damn it!"

Total Damage to self: 4 (3.5 which is half of 7)
Total HP value left: 17))

The creature moved back from its target when the weapon was swung. It then hung back momentarily, eying the weapon he was carrying cautiously before darting around him, trying to get a strike in from behind... Unfortunately, its attack missed and the creature ended up flying past him.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Pales rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:05 am
Dragain

The creature moved back from its target when the weapon was swung. It then hung back momentarily, eying the weapon he was carrying cautiously before darting around him, trying to get a strike in from behind... Unfortunately, its attack missed and the creature ended up flying past him.

Okay so maybe he was more of a danger to himself than the creature apparently was because he swung and actually hit himself on the head - luckily it was a light tap but still it was rather annoying how he seemed to hit himself more than he hit the target sometimes unless he got a lucky swing in. Theta Seven was starting to feel more than a little ragged. At least he still had a med kit if he needed it...For now he'd stick it out.

"C'mon you little..."

Total Damage to self: 1 (.5 which is half of 1)
Total HP value left: 16))  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas