Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm
"Sounds good, Deli," D7 said to his fellow Delta. There was something more humanising about having names, instead of numbers. He wondered if it would make it harder to attack each other now that they had given each other nicknames.

"Figurative bets only, I meant," D7 amended his earlier statement. "Not like we have cash or food here." And no one with half a brain was going to risk their weapon or their first aid kit.

So their missing Theta was a girl. And Thev wasn't firmly allied with her or anything. Very interesting. D7 continued, "So you're not close or anything? I was just thinking..." He searched for a way to explain himself without sounding like a violent monster who needed to be put down. "What if the first thing they ask us to do is kill just one person? Seems to be that we shouldn't all get hurt if we don't need to. And the three of us seem to be gettin' on pretty well."

Hopefully Theven wasn't all up for Theta pride or whatever. In case he was, D7 lifted his hands in the universal gesture of peace. "It may not be that at all. Maybe it'll be a giant pony. But if it does come to that... it can't hurt to be prepared, right?"

It couldn't hurt to have a small, short alliance while they were all stuck here, right? What was the point of being here early if they didn't make plans? D7 wanted to survive. He had no doubt the others did, too. It was just down to whether or not they saw the logic in his plan.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:36 pm
((It's fine about the short post. Sometimes ya gotta hurry and get things taken care of IRL.))

Now that they all seemed to have 'names' for each other he was content though it didn't really bother him one way or the other.

"Heh. Figurative bets, always a fun thing," Theta Seven observed, "nothing takes the fun out of betting like not having a damn thing in the world to bet with."

Theta Seven listened quietly as the Davii laid out the offer and didn't even interrupt when he started to get the gist of what was being put forth. He reached up a bit and rubbed at his forehead. He was a neutral party in all of this despite his colors he had no real reason for 'team pride'. Even the person he really cared to look after wasn't on Theta...If turning on a Teammate helped Delta Nine...He could see his way to this task if it came to that, "I guess so," he hedged quietly.

The idea of having to kill or hurt someone in general wasn't exactly the world's most comfortable thought for him. "I guess if the tables were turned and stuff she'd do it to me," he murmured quietly. He had no idea who to really trust. "We'll see what happens...I doubt they'd just make us hurt just one person if they went that route...If they call us here and tell us to kill it'll probably be the situation of 'last one standing' and no gang-ups on one person..."

Still not a happy thought but it seemed most likely to Theta Seven.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:43 pm
D7 gave a helpless shrug. "We can't help what they tell us, and we can't defy them if we wanna live through this. That means we're gonna have to kill. Too many people on the last day means we ALL die, remember?"

Even if Thev and Deli didn't care much for anyone in this group, if it came down to killing someone here, hopefully they could do whatever it took to get back to the people they did care about.

"Even they say it's a free-for-all, might as well get one out of the way before we turn on each other," D7 suggested. "It sounds cruel, but if it helps our own odds of surviving..."

One out of three was better than one out of four. Sooner or later these guys would realise that killing was the only way to stay alive on this island. Do what needed to be done, worry and angst about it later. If their captors were to be believed, they'd all signed up for this, knowing that they'd be killing others and possibly being killed themselves. So in a way, it was their own faults if they were attacked or killed, even D7 himself.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:53 pm
He still listened he was at least rational and able to just keep listening without exploding into hysterics and chances were - anything he truly felt he kept locked inside so no one sensed weakness. Theta Seven nodded his head a bit showing he understood, "Right...Right...Gotta do what you gotta do...Even if it's unpleasant..."

Theta Seven sighed a bit and clenched his hands into fists as they just flopped at his sides, "I'll do what I can and...they can curse me in the afterlife if they have to...I apparently got myself into this...Somehow..."

The male trailed off quietly as he looked off to the side and then back at Davii, "Whatever happens, no hard feelings. If I find you at my throat after this...I know why - but don't think it'll be easy." He said grimly. Theta Seven had reasons to keep fighting - at least now he did.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:00 pm
D7 nodded at Thev. "Same here," he said in response to the 'no hard feelings'. They were all just trying to survive, after all. You couldn't blame a guy for doing exactly the same thing you were trying to do.

"Maybe we'll get lucky," he sighed, with not much hope in his voice.

The mood had taken a turn for the more somber - no longer the easy giving of nicknames and laughing at faked lips. But at least they were prepared for whatever fate awaited them. Sort of. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm
Theta Seven nodded a bit and smiled lightly behind his mask, "Thus far we are still alive so luck is with us in some form. We just gotta keep being lucky, is all," He shrugged lightly as he rocked back a little on his heels. He felt the somber mood all of the sudden but then talking about death and killing always did that to the mood of an area.

He gazed upward and then looked over at Davii, "Think maybe we'll get somethin' cool? Like maybe a better weapon or maybe some other advantage?" he asked curiously hoping that maybe talking about better prizes instead of the prospect of killing someone or even each other.

"Maybe they'll give us some extra med kits or better armor or somethin'...." He said thoughtfully. Those would all be helpful things in these situations.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm
D7 hadn't considered that. He sat a little straighter and gave a small grin under his mask. "Huh. That'd be nice. Most of the weapons seem a bit..." what was a nice way to say 'crap'? ... "double-edged. Half of 'em can't be used without hitting yourself every so often."

He was so glad he didn't have the mace or nunchucks. A stake might be a measly, hardly-worth-it weapon, but at least he wasn't whacking himself in the face every other attack.

"The guns didn't look bad, even if they were just rubber bullets," he mused. "Sword'd be pretty sweet, too."

He kind of doubted it, but it was nice to daydream about. Rocking back out there in super armour or with a deadly weapon. Heh, he'd go get himself one of those pendants easily with something like that.

"If more than one of us comes out with somethin' cool, we should consider teaming up," D7 said. "Be pretty unstoppable."

Yep, a really nice fantasy they had going here. Sooner or later something would happen to drag them back down to reality... but til then, what was the harm?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 pm
"Heh, tell me about it. Got into a scrap with a beastie and kept hitting myself with my mace-thing on accident. Think if the beastie was a bit sturdier I'd probably have beat myself to death before I ever got the chance to kill it or somethin'." He murmured quietly with a small shrug, "Other than that I can get a lot of pain in if I can get a good strong swing goin'."

He nodded a bit, "I think a lot of people woulda been dangerous if they coulda used a gun...I don't really seem to have the skill for it...a lot of us don't..."

It would explain some of the clumsiness on the part of everyone during fights and what not.

"Heh, yeah. We'd be a dangerous crew f'sure if that is the case," he mused with a small thoughtful shrug. "Maybe it'll be somethin' better...Like we ain't gotta fight anymore or whatever. That'd be nice..."

Not that it'd solve the problem he had with leaving Delta Nine behind...Urgh. Caring about people can be a pain in the a** that was for certain.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:46 pm
"Like an automatic pass to the finals?" D7 asked. "Huh. I could go for that, too."

Were their captors that nice? Hahaha, they wouldn't be here now if they were. D7 suspected that whatever they'd been called there for, it would involve a twist. A bad kind of twist.

"At least your mace is metal, Thev. I've got a big splinter of wood, basically." Bloody stupid stake. "Helpful if we come across any vampires, but otherwise not so much."

Though he probably shouldn't joke about that. They'd already met a giant flaming horse. Vampires didn't exist, but neither did fire-breathing, twenty-foot-tall ponies.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:54 pm
"Somethin' like that, yeah. I dunno. Just seems fun to think about either way. Beats awkwardly sitting here and waiting for possible doom to fall on us," he laughed a bit and shrugged.

He tilted his head and then nodded slightly, "Good point - no pun intended," he smirked a bit behind his mask and then rubbed his hands together, "who knows what we'll run into. I am sure we'll get something meaner and angrier than that damn pony. Gotta admit it was kind of a wuss, we took it down pretty damn easy..."

Maybe they were just that awesome when united - too bad the current events turn them all against each other just for a chance of all around survival.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:03 pm
"Yep," D7 agreed. "They're not likely to be easier fights as time goes on. You start off easy and get harder, right?"

Though really, nothing was quite as hard as another thinking, breathing human. So maybe they'd be just a touch lucky and have something harder than the horse, but still 'other' and not a bloodbath among themselves. (Though if it did come to that, at least the three of them had the beginnings of a plan. If things went smoothly.)

"You think the other teams did as well as us?" There had been way more people in the classroom than had been in Delta and Theta squads. Unless the people in charge had already weeded the numbers down, that meant a lot more people somewhere else on the island.

(( Afk for an hour or so~ <3 ))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm
"That's how it usually works...Otherwise it might be a bit too easy, we'd get bored," he joked a bit with a shrug as he shifted his weight a little. Theta Seven fell into a thoughtful silence as he thought of everything that has happened so far. It would only get harder and the choices more complicated from here on out.

Davii's voice broke into his thoughts and he gave a small shrug, "I guess that depends on if they waited until the beast was dead before they started in on each other or whatever. Just because we had an easy time doesn't mean the others did where ever they are." Theta Seven mused to himself.

He was beginning to feel a bit restless the longer he had to wait. Too much of a lull in action caused a bit of unease in these times...  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

kalindara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 pm
"I may never complain about boredom again," D7 muttered. Not if this was what he got instead.

Of course, that resolution lasted less than a minute. While it was nice to have this lull in the fighting, D7 wished that the missing Theta would just show up already. It seemed like the mysterious "Unknown" of the text messages wasn't going to give them any further instructions til they were all here.

In regards to the other teams, D7 said, "They may have got different beasts to fight. Or different 'rewards' to fight over. Maybe there's wasn't as easy as fishing it out of that burning black stuff."

He stretched, joints cracking. "Maybe later the stupid fog'll lift and we can go see for ourselves."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:06 pm
"Hah, I think most of us feel that way by now," he replied in a cheerful enough tone when he heard Davii's words. Theta Seven laced his hands together and rested them at the back of his head and simply seemed to fall into a thoughtful silence - considering some of the things that were said to him by the Delta that was currently speaking up since the other Delta was currently silent for now.

He nodded a little bit, "Yeah that's possible. I mean who knows what all got thrown at everyone else or what they had to do. I kinda missed out on the fishin' the pendant out part. I think I got a bit dazed about the whole bumping into a large flaming pony of death thing to really pay anything else much mind." Theta Seven shifted his shoulders a bit, "Though it's probably for the best..."

"Maybe, it'd be more interesting to explore or even get a better look around without gettin' all confused because of the fog when it swallows ya up..." Theta Seven observed thoughtfully.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Mediciner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:49 pm
(( Aaand back! Too much MLP: FiM with a friend. I am now imagining our three as suited up bronies. o3o ))

Deli just . . . stood quietly throughout most of the conversation. He honestly wasn't proficient with weapons, and he wasn't sorry to away from the pendant snatching -

No, you weren't -

- And all the fighting that broke out, and the fleeing, it was just a taste of what was in store. And he wasn't sure he'd like it . . . In fact, just hitting that one Theta just for defending her comrade was -

Delicious. Absolutely delicious!

Thus was how Deli remained silent throughout the conversation: either meditating on the encounter with the hellhorse, or shutting out the invading voice of . . . of that thing. Should he give it a name? Thank God his face was covered completely, or the other two would have further reason to pry about his lack of conversation.

For now the morbid presence kept quiet, and after a pause Deli re-entered the conversation with a weak chuckle. "Heh. No complaining about boredom here."

A little belated.

"Weirder thing is that this here cellphone was supposed to bring us to a cove, but I don't see anything other than us and . . . everything else. You think maybe our task is to race to find it or something?"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff