Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trira

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:13 pm
(( E-3 has reached 1 health, and is thus entering the stunned phase. ))

E-3 felt the remorse claw at her throat at the death of one of the original four. How could she have done that?

She looked warily as the stake was passed on to another of the originals. She gave a weary shake of her head and said, "It's the irony of it all. Both the stake-bearers brought down by their own weapon-type." The chances of her being able to dodge in her condition didn't exist. She was just too hurt to do so.

And as such, the stake wasn't as effective as when she wielded it, but it was strong enough. E-3 fell to her knees at the impact, coughing into her gasmask. She felt her strength slipping away, and realized she'd felt it before. "Am I dying...again?"

She collapsed, barely clinging to life as she could. Somewhere in her mind, she felt a deep pang of remorse for Bait. Now he was all alone to face them. She coughed and managed to say something before she passed out. "I'm sorry, Bait....I'm sorry I couldn't fight them longer..."

And with that, she was stunned.

(( E-3's Health: 1 HP. ))  
AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:35 pm
Muffinsbaby

Bait gave a frustrated growl as he watched pinkie give his target a few good wacks whereas he couldn't. He swore this time he'd get him, taking careful and purposeful aim with his gun, he pulled the trigger, grinning as he watched the rubber bullet land on his target's shoulder, a full and resounding 'thud' being heard.

Had they lost a member? Someone they weren't supposed to be killing? Coldness ran through Theta-1, no longer Thea now that the fight was started. Epsilon-3 was already down (was the Pree? Pity. They'd seemed nice.) so now all that was left was the girl. Too bad she hadn't been more proactive in trying to heal them before this stupid battle started, that would have been a deal more help.
No matter.
Eliminating the weak source was something Theta-1 felt she could succeed in with deft accuracy.

Quick hands had bullets in her gun and her arm raised out toward the girl.
"I want you to know..." She began, leveling her gaze with the girl. "This isn't really about or against you. Following orders. You'll come to understand that, I'm sure."
And with that she fired the gun in quick succession, rather proud of herself for the damage she got in. Maybe she was a gunner afterall?

((Weapon Used: Gun
Damage Done: 10-3= 7
HP: 17
))  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales rolled 3 4-sided dice: 2, 4, 1 Total: 7 (3-12)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:46 am
Muffinsbaby
[Beta 8 is attacking Delta 7]

Bait gave a frustrated growl as he watched pinkie give his target a few good wacks whereas he couldn't. He swore this time he'd get him, taking careful and purposeful aim with his gun, he pulled the trigger, grinning as he watched the rubber bullet land on his target's shoulder, a full and resounding 'thud' being heard.

[Weapon used: Gun
Damage to Delta 7: 6 - 3 = 3 x 2 = 6
HP: 30
]

((Figured it was okay for me to turn around and attack a new target since my prior one is now disabled.))

He watched as Epsilon Three was made no longer a threat to him and then he turned toward Beta Eight as he raised the stake and moved to mercilessly push the stake into Beta Eight's person. Just stab. Stab until nothing is felt anymore. Stab until this person stops moving, breathing, whatever. It wasn't fair, none of it was fair.

Life was unfair but Theta Seven decided he was going to do what it takes to continue to live - at least for now. It would be much easier now. He wouldn't let Davii's death be in vain - at least as best as he could not let that death be in vain. Even if the attack only grazes his target - at least this time he'd get some form of satisfaction from it.

((Weapon being used: Stake
Total Damage to opponent B-8: 4 (2 + 4+ 1 = 7 | 7/3 = 2.333...(2) | 2 x 2 = 4)
Total HP value left: 30))  
Muffinsbaby rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 am
AyeAvast

Damage Done: 10-3= 7
))

He grunted as the assault was turned to him, some of them landing hits, painful wounds littering his body from bullets and stake. But he played out his strategy, finding the opponent that looked worse for wear and just weedling them out. He was dissappointed that his only ally in this was laying prone on the ground. Not dead....but not useful either.

So, he turned to the one that spoke to him, "And nothing against you, but I'm just trying to survive, that is something I understand." So, like her, he again took careful aim, firing shots and hoping to hit her. But again, he missed.

[Weapon Used: Gun
Damage to Theta 1: 0 (Odd Roll)
HP: 19
]  

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

medigel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:27 am
Muffinsbaby
He grunted as the assault was turned to him, some of them landing hits, painful wounds littering his body from bullets and stake. But he played out his strategy, finding the opponent that looked worse for wear and just weedling them out. He was dissappointed that his only ally in this was laying prone on the ground. Not dead....but not useful either.

So, he turned to the one that spoke to him, "And nothing against you, but I'm just trying to survive, that is something I understand." So, like her, he again took careful aim, firing shots and hoping to hit her. But again, he missed.

]

(( Aye forgot to double her damage, so Bait's actual HP is 30 - 8 (]Deli) - 14 (Aye) - 4 (Pales) = 4 hp if I'm not mistaken. Rollin'~ ))

Everything had been going so well. The pink girl would be gone in another few seconds, and he had done a nice hit on the gunsman. All four of them would have returned, several rather bruised but alive.

And then Deli heard their fatal words and all but froze as, almost in quick succession (like a slide show even), Davii fell. Thev stabbed the girl. The girl locked up.

Was she dead? He didn't know. He couldn't see anymore, not through the tears.

Deli knew with absolute certainty that had he not switched targets, Davii would have been alive - maybe for not much longer, but his teammate wouldn't have seen how cowardly he truly was.

And now he never would know his teammate had done so out of hopes of redirecting the bullets elsewhere. Davii was dead and gone on the floor amidst the rocks.

And then it was all pure instinct for poor Deli. The voice inside him howled with rage at his stupidity, but he couldn't hear. A fist went soaring away from any of Bait's vital points, but Deli couldn't see properly.

Thev might have noticed that the once hesitating man was no longer pulling his punches, miss or not. He knew Thea was the next weakest of them.

He wouldn't allow her to die too. He wouldn't allow her or Thev to die.

(( Weapon: Melee
Damage Done to Self: 0
Damage Done to Beta 8: 0
Current HP: 30 ))

AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:58 pm
Muffinsbaby

Aw, he wasn't doing well at all!
Theta-1 couldn't help but be glad there was a gasmask to cover up the vicious grin she now wore. Perhaps it was better to pretend she wasn't enjoying this than to actually let everyone now she was relishing the entire thing. And it wasn't as though she were an unfeeling creature. She watched as Deli jumped to her rescue and her heart went out to him. Of them all, she would fight to keep him safe since he had done the same for here
But now it was time to finish the weak.
A tiny little giggle escaped her as she pointed her gun to Bait, happily anticipating her next shot.

"This will undoubtedly kill you, you know." Her finger squeezed the trigger and only a dull click sounded. "But I'd like to draw that out a little, don't you think?"
No, no, she was enjoying this much too much.

Damage Done: 0
))

((Holy crap I'm the worst person ever. Sorry to Bait for calling him a girl, I'm so scattered right now. I apologize! But aw yeah, doing double damage, I forgot about that!! Now if only I could get a number somewhere BETWEEN 1 and 10. XD ))  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales rolled 3 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 4 Total: 7 (3-12)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 pm
Muffinsbaby

]

"You and a shitload of others want to survive." He said simply and without sympathy for the other. Theta Seven had the feeling that even if Bait did survive and killed all of those still left standing...There wouldn't be much 'survival' left when the 'Boss' returned to deal with him, though he could be wrong. Theta Seven had been wrong about so many other things before.

Once again he moved in to strike moving to stab at Beta Eight with the stake. He wasn't sure how this one would survive for very long with the odds outnumbering but miracles do happen maybe even in this hellhole.

((Weapon being used: Stake
Total Damage to opponent B-8: 4 (1 + 2+ 4 = 7 | 7/3 = 2.333...(2) | 2 x 2 = 4)
Total HP value left: 30))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:58 pm
[Beta 8 has been hit down to 1 HP]

The assault continued to rain down on him, each knocking the breath out of him until he thought he could breathe no longer. He didn't want to die, again, but it looked like the end was inevitable. He'd heard pinkie's last words, she'd even used his nickname, and a stab of guilt ran through his heart that he couldn't last, that he couldn't have protected her. His mind shot to the other female he wanted to protect, but couldn't. She was out on her own, and it was his fault. He hoped the other members were watching over her well.

"What has human society come to, when we'd turn on our own people, people we barely even know, just to survive. That the minds we were given to think with, the hands we were given to work with, all turn to murder as a means to escape. All of us are no better than the reaper that summoned us here." He spoke out, more to himself than the others, but it was loud enough for them to hear anyway. He neither feared nor cared if he died anymore. He gave up to the inevitable fate, if he were to die a second time.

With his monologue done, he collapsed to the floor, his breathe shallow, but there all the same. He lay there, prone and unconcious.

[Beta 8 is stunned
HP: 1
]  

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:15 pm
He stared at the one that called himself 'Bait' as he produced a monologue that might have shamed most people but apparently it didn't seem to seep through to Theta Seven's core. Davii was dead and he didn't know how his other friend was doing either but hopefully she was doing well out there and he'd be able to find her again. Theta Seven stepped away from the body quietly and moved to where he was once crouched and reassumed the crouching position feeling surprisingly alright with the snuffing of two people's lives. It didn't cause some sort of weird moral dilemma as it might have for others.

Was he some sort of sociopath?

Theta Seven supposed not otherwise he wouldn't care so much about others...right? He decided not to think about it anymore since it was more complex than he cared to ponder. For now he just waited for something else to happen.

"Welp, that's the end of that," he said thoughtfully to himself as much as it was for his fellow survivors to hear. He looked over at Theta One quietly, "you gonna be alright?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:05 pm
Cold eyes watched through lenses as Bait fell and for one long moment Theta-1 just stood there. The idea that she was no longer in fighting mode percolated through her mind until she finally turned to Theta-Seven... No, no now he was Thev and she was Thea and they were all together, though they had lost one.
"A-alright?" She asked out loud, the hand holding her weapon quickly filing it away and the other reaching in front of her face to show she was shaking. In a quick second she was next to Deli, her face clunking against his shoulder in an action that would have been more sentimental had not they all been wearing hideous gas masks. "I... I will be alright in time. So long as we survive this."
It was folly to smile at Thev, so she instead only nodded her head to him once in an affirmative that she was alright.

As for the dramatic monologue, she kept her mouth shut. She didn't really want to tell everyone she would kill who she needed to to survive this. Humanity? Ha, what a joke. Bait obviously didn't remember the place they had come from and Thea didn't recall it all that well, but she just couldn't shake the feeling that this wasn't all that bad. After all, he had died and come back once, hadn't he? Surely he would do it again. Maybe he'd go to a happier place where they didn't need to kill each other. At least that she wished for himself.
But for now, and for herself, she wished solely to survive.  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Mediciner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:22 pm
Deli said nothing, nor did he move, as Bait gave his final two cents on the matter.

Matter. What did it matter?

Behind his mask he felt two fat tears roll down his cheeks, shed from the guilt of his inability to kill when it should never have been an issue, from the guilt of being a survivor from this pitted match, from the guilt of knowing in his heart that Davii could have made it if only . . . If only . . .

Deli had never been truly against the guy. They might have operated differently, but they had both wanted the same goal achieved. They had both recruited companions (if not friends) that waited for them somewhere beyond this underground hellhole.

If they indeed had been close, what would he tell them? What would he be able to say if he could even find them?

He died because you didn't kill the b***h first, sneered the inner voice. He died knowing that even when he was in grave danger, you kept your own agenda and fought with your tail between your legs.

I wanted to stop the guy from shooting! Deli argued. I thought . . . I thought that . . . For once, he could be a little heroic.

"Grow some balls!" echoed one of Davii's final snarls in his head, its reverberations making his head hurt more and more.

You thought you could be faster than bullets, snarked the voice, unaffected by the dead man's imaginary shouting. Of course.

By the time Deli came to, Bait was downed and still. Maybe dead, maybe not. He wasn't going to bother to check. He wasn't going to bother with much for the next few minutes in fact. All the man did was turn around to his two companions, pause for a moment as Thea suddenly was upon him, and then clasp her shoulder with a hand. The other invited Thev over as well.

Alive.

For now.

And he wanted to keep it that way from now on.

"Thea . . . please use your kit if you get it back," Deli said after a moment, his voice quiet and surprisingly without stutters. "No-one else needs to die here." He then turned to Thev and nodded slowly, somberly. "Got a good hand with the stake there, Thev. Thanks. You too, Thea, that last shot was spectacular."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 pm
The fact that Theta One was shaking didn't really concern Theta Seven too much - it was bound to happen. The body reacts the way it wants to in order to try and quash the stress racing through its system. He shifted a little bit, "Just wanted to make sure you didn't get hit even more during that little...exercise we just had," he moved to a stand and moved a bit closer to the other two quietly when beckoned. Theta Seven wasn't much of a touchy-feely sort of person but he would behave as a comrade for now at least until forced to do something similar for now. Besides being covered head-to-toe in armor somehow made touching and comfort seem...obsolete to him.

"Shame about Davii, but the way they were focusing on him...They got more than a few good hits in.." He said softly with a small shrug to show that he felt it was inevitable for the most part, "they got lucky. Real damn lucky. He wouldn't want us bitchin' and gripin' over his death though. He'd want us to be thankful for survivin' that mess and looking forward." Theta Seven hoped that's what the dead would have wanted...

He clenched his hand into a fist and still carried the stake. At the moment he refused to let it go. It belonged to Davii after all.

"Thanks," Theta Seven muttered softly in a low tone. He had been looking forward to working with Davii to a point but now that was over.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:03 am
Clap clap clap.

The sound came from the other side of the fence, an abyss of syncopated black until a familiar blue light flared to life.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Their games master dramatically dropped his hands, pulling out a few keys. "Nicely done, two down, one unfortunate and tragically timed death, but it'll do, it'll do." The first key went to the sealed gate - clack! - as the figure walked into the scenario, hovering over the two incapacitated figures. "Hmmmmm...." Using the end of his weapon, he gave the fallen Beta Eight a prod. "All right then."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"How about this." From within their cloak, the figure pulled out three glistening pendants. "I'll let you in on a little secret. On day seven, those who wear these shall be granted safety off the island. And not just safety but knowledge, a chance to continue something, a legacy. However, before I grant you three these, I want to ask you a simple question. Why have we punished Beta Eight and Epsilon Thirteen? One simple, logical guess is enough."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:14 am
The clapping and eventually appearance of the figure once more caught his attention and he gazed over at him any further listening to his comrades were put at a bit of a halt while he took note of everything the figure said and did. So much seemed to hinge on this person what with the tasks and all.

Theta Seven stared at the pendants quietly - it wasn't a hungry stare or anything like that...Just a thoughtful one. He had missed his first chance and potentially he could miss a second one if he didn't answer the question - he was dimly aware of what the figure was saying. The secret was safety off the island but where would they go? He dimly recalled that there was a life outside of the island but he wasn't sure if that included him at all or not.

The question put to him was difficult to answer, "They ... came back to life and ... since we apparently punished them for it...I am going to guess that they weren't supposed to..."

Though he had to wonder why it was so easy to just will yourself back to life - or so it seemed and sounded like when the two spoke of their 'past' on the island.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:40 am
"Well done well done, you were not only able to extract the information from your opponent in the false sense of calm, but also apply use of it. A+ for this young gentleman!"

The figure tossed Theta Seven a glowing pendant. It hummed slightly as it soared in the air.

"Now you other two, can you come up with a continuation of your friend here's story: why have you fine young citizens extract said punishment?"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff