Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:35 am
User Image
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Gaia Online Magazine is looking for a bigger work source. Therefore, we've decided to open up
almost all applications for people willing to become CREW members of the Gaia Online Magazine
(A CREW member helps out gathering information/articles for the magazine).

Below you can find a few different applications. Simply copy (ctrl + c) the applications of the one(s)
you'd like to assign to, PM to Jimmy, the GOM Newsie, label the PM "CREW", paste (ctrl + v) the applications,
fill them out properly, then send away the PM.
DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

You will receive an answer as soon as we've read your message, and we will contact you again if we're
interested in making you one of the CREW.

Here is a list of all our departments:
  • Writers & Journalists
  • Editors
  • Finance
  • Event Planners
  • Graphic Design
  • Artists
  • Public Relations
  • Forum Mods
  • Scouts

If you have any questions about becoming a CREW member, that haven't been addressed below, feel free to post them in this thread.

F.A.Q:

• All applications ask if I have Skype. I heard it costs money, do I have to have it?
    -- SKYPE IS FREE! www.skype.com Free download, free to use! Yes, we'd like everyone to have skype! We have a group chat and everyone using skype makes it easier to talk to everyone.

• Can I apply to more than one Department?
    -- You sure can! But only apply to the ones you really have an interest in. We may put you in one, and gradually give you more over time.

• I don't know anything about any of these jobs. Can I apply anyway?
    -- Sure can! We train you before we let you run loose.. But we'd like you to apply if you have some knowledge.

• Do I get paid to work for you?
    -- Yes, but you have to work to get them. (for example if you are a writer, we require you to 2 two articles per an issue, and if you write extra articles, we will pay you for the extras!)

• I want to run a Department.
    -- Our Department heads are all chosen at the moment. You'll have to stay with us for a while and work up the ranks!

• Is there a chance at moving up the G.O.M Ladder?
    -- Always! I (Nymph of Spring) moved from Image Hoarder, to Crew, to Department Head, to Lead Crew to Co Owner in less than a year. That won't happen to everyone, but there's always room to grow.

• Do I have to be a certain age?
    -- Well, yes and no. We don't want anyone too young. We like our staff to be mature and well read, as well as possess basic literacy. Our policy is to accept only applicants who are 16 & Up. However, if you feel you are qualified and wish to discuss your volunteering for GOM, please PM Jimmy a written statement. I mean, come on - not everyone has to be an old fart like Nymph of Spring wink

• Can I get fired?
    -- Yes. We give you some time to improve, and we'll tell you if you're not performing right. If you don't show an effort to make a change, we can't have you on our team. So much depends on it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:36 am
WRITERS & JOURNALISTS
█████████████████████████████████████████████

As a writer or a journalist, it's your job to write up stories, articles or interviews. You need to have a wide vocabulary and good grammatical skills. You also need to have a personal enjoyment for writing. Your creativeness must be 200% there all the time. Be aware that you are required to write two articles an issue. We will pay you if you write extra articles!

I want to become a Writer!

[b]How often are you on Gaia Online?[/b]

[b]How old are you?[/b]

[b]Where do you live?[/b] (Curious about time-zones)

[b]How did you find out about Gaia Online Magazine & How long have you been a reader?[/b]

[b]Do you have Skype?[/b]

[b]Do you enjoy writing?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why you should become my Writer:[/b]

[b]If I told you we were making an article about Hackers on Gaia Online, what type of research would you do? Give me a catchy title and write out a paragraph for this article.[/b]

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:37 am
EDITORS

As an editor, you will need to have a wide vocabulary range and a knowledge of correct grammar. How to effectively correct text, where to put punctuation, the differences between there, their and they're. You should enjoy reading and writing, as well as being able to give constructive feedback and clearly be able to convey changes that need to be made. Be aware that you are required to review two articles per an issue. We will pay you for any extra articles you review!

I want to become an Editor!

[b]How old are you?[/b]

[b]How did you find out about Gaia Online Magazine & How long have you been a Reader?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why you should become my Editor:[/b]

[b]If I told you we were making an article about Hackers on Gaia Online, what would you be looking for in regards to correcting an Article sent to you?[/b]

[b]Please edit the article below, indicating edits in a different color.[/b]

Summer Disasters
Editors Test piece

The gooey mud squished between my toes and it felt as is I was getting shorter, or maybe the land was getting taller? I wiggle, I tugged, and I dug but there was no escape! I had been caught the marshes’ minions trying to pull me under. Oh no! What am I too do? I hear a heroic bark and see my trusty companion, Spuds, caring a large stick in him mouth. Spuds, puts the stick with in my reach and I grasp on for dear life! With a battle cry growl Spuds yanks the sick and out I come, flying through the air into a puddle.
"Good boy Spuds!" I pet my Saint Bernard we great affection. Yet another time my trusty companion has saved me again. I look upon the horizon to see the blue sky bleeding with black. Soon mother will call us home for dinner. Spuds and I toggle our way home, me misssing a shoe, and were both covered in mud.
“Jack! What in the world happened? You have mud all over you! Go clean up, and don’t soil my good rugs you two.” Mother’s voice was full of disappointment, but hey were boys! We’re always getting dirty!

After dinner Spuds and I laid on the lawn gazing at stars, “Tomorrow boy were going to find us some treasure!” Spuds looked at Jack with a questioning tilt of the head, “I saw a cave in the rock wall when you were saving me from those mud minions, and I bet there’s lots of gold and jewels!” Spuds wagged his tail, and barked with excitement. The boys fell asleep under the starts that night.

“Spuds!” hollared Jack as he shook the dogg food bag. “Time to wake up, we have an adventure ahead of us!”
“No boy leaves this house without being fed” exclaimed mother as she set a plate on the table with warm butter milk pancakes. Jack took a seat and poured sticky syrup over them, drounding then. He took big bites, wanting to hurry for an early start. Spuds stretched his resting limbs and slowly made his way over to his food bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:38 am
FINANCE

Requirements of this department are being able to earn gold. Applying to this departments, means that you're willing to earn gold to fund various contests around the magazine. Gold will be made on your own account and transferred to Jimmy. We obviously cannot compensate this department in gold for your salary (like the rest of the departments); If there is anything we could do to compensate, say art from one of the artists or advertising a personal guild/event you have, please let us know!

I want to handle Money!

[b]How old are you?[/b]

[b]How did you find out about Gaia Online Magazine & How long have you been a reader?[/b]

[b]How do you earn gold, and it is easy for you to earn it?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why I should let you handle money:[/b]

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 am
Event Planner

Do you like making events and activities? This maybe the department for you! We require event planners to run one event an issue. If you run extra events, we will pay you! You will work closely with the Finance and Forum Mod departments. You need to have good people skills and be able to communicate with all types of users no matter how difficult they may be. Outgoing is a must. Extra brownie points if you have decent forum coding skills!

I want to work in Event Planning!

[b]How old are you?[/b]

[b]Do you enjoy making events? Do you have any previous experience?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why you should plan events for our readers:[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 am
GRAPHIC DESIGNER

As a Graphic Designer, your main job is to assist in the design & layout of each issue of GaiaOnline Magazine as well as events. You will work in a pro-teamwork environment to get the job done faster and more efficiently. You must be flexible - you will be contacted at random by crew members & Department Heads, asking you to create images. Any images made after your second image will be paid for! Extensive knowledge and access to an image-editing programs (Photoshop, GIMP, InDesign, Adobe Fireworks, etc) but we are always looking for alternatives. So, show us what you've got!

I want to become a Graphic Designer!

[b]How old are you?[/b]

[b]What programs do you use for your graphics?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, along with why you should become a Graphic Designer:[/b]

[b]Please provide at least two images from your portfolio that you believe are the best.[/b]

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 am
ARTISTS

A picture is worth a thousand words. Without images, Gaia Online Magazine would surely look plain.
You must be flexible - you will be contacted at random by crew members & Department Heads, asking you to create images. Sorry - unless you have super amazing traditional-drawings, we're only looking for artists with tablets/other forms of digital art. You will be required to draw at least two images. Any more that you create for us will be paid!

I want to become an Artist!

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why you should become my an Artist:[/b]

[b]Please provide at least two images from your portfolio that you believe are the best.[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:43 am
PUBLIC RELATIONS

If you are extremely active in forums? Like to talk and get along well with others? This is the department for you. As a Public Relations officer your mission is to post in the forums with a GOM banner+link in your signature or post. Thats it! You will be paid a certain amount of gold per post (forums only) per an issue.

I want to be in Public Relations!

[b]How old are you?[/b]

[b]What forums do you post often in?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why I should let you in the public relations department:[/b]

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 am
FORUM MOD

Talkative? Good with People? This is the place for you! Apart for chatting with our readers, you must have a good forum coding skills! You must be flexible - you will be contacted at random by crew members & Department Heads, asking you to code pages for future events. Coding two event threads is a must, code any extras and you will be paid!

I want to become a Forum Mod!

[b]Do you have experience in coding?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why you should become a Forum Mod:[/b]

[b] Surprise! We're hosting an event for Hacker awareness. Please code the following wording below and make it visually interesting, [i]without images.[/b] You may use any colors, text symbols, and sizes that you see fit:[/b]

Hacker Awareness

Its after school and its time for Gaia, but what's this?! You can't log in and the forgot password email isn't working for you? Unfortunately, this is an event that happens all too often. Now that you're account has been hacked, what do you do? Give up? NO! Read the rest of this thread to find about how to claim revenge on the hackers as well as learn about the types of scams they use to prevent it from happening again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:47 am
SCOUTS

Do you like to lurk around forums, guilds, and towns? This may be the job for you! Every issue, GOM hosts a featured section, where we place inspirational avatars, profiles, guilds, charities, petitions, and shops (we're also thinking about cars and homes!). Your job is to find them! Every issue, your job will be to let us know who we should feature. You will be assigned two sections (avatars is one section for example) depending on where you commonly lurk. If you go above an beyond the sections that we require you to do, you will be paid!

I want to become a Scout!

[b]Where do you commonly lurk or hang out on Gaia?[/b]

[b]Tell me about yourself, among with why you should become a Scout:[/b]

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points