Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[BLPRP] Friends by the Lake (Mel'Tamu, Shahla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 am
User Image

Mel had been feeling strange for the past few days. Ever since her brothers had decided on the date of their departure for the rogue lands, the brown lioness barely saw them already. They were always practicing or out with their father doing… male things and getting ready for their journey. Mel had been having some trouble adjusting to their absence in the now female-dominated den. Nadhir’s, in particular, left the young lioness feeling emptier than she had expected especially considering that this was something she’d known would happen for almost as long as she’d lived. She hoped they would return quickly but even then, things would never be the same. She would still be with their father, most likely, and they would go off and start their own harems.

Mel sighed, offering a smile and a respectful bow at the males who crossed her path as she headed for the lake. She hoped she would see a familiar face. The young lioness could certainly use someone to talk to right about now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:02 pm
User Image

"Meeting is only the beginning of separation."

Those words rang so very true to her right now. Having Harb missing for so long she was starting to realize that sometimes life deals others cruel threads of fate, while others get drawn towards golden horizons with full bellies and carefree lifestyles. If she could do anything about it she certainly wouldn't be sitting by the lake moping, but alas, she was there, waiting again like she had promised him. When would she learn that it was time to move on?

I can't give up on him... I love him too much. Sighing at her annoyingly typical thought process, the dark lioness dropped her head to her paws and waited. Maybe she would receive some sort of company today. It would most certainly be appreciated. She really needed someone new to vent too, and possibly befriend as well. Her one and only friend had disappeared after all, and her brothers, especially Aziz, would scold her for her disgraceful behavior.

Scanning the lake once to see who else had camped out near it, Shahla noticed a down trodden lioness approaching. She looked about as well as Shahla had felt. Perhaps fate had given her a gift after all? Perhaps this lioness would be someone who would understand, her situation, and possibly be willing to talk. Or... if nothing else someone to just talk to.

Picking her body up, Shahla shook the dust from her dark pelt, and started towards the dark brown lioness. Taking a deep breath and breathing out steadily. She wanted to make herself look good at least, and confidence always helped. Puffing her chest out slightly, the lioness bowed when she came a few feet away. "Good day to you, I am Banu Shahla. Is... everything alright?"

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Mel turned her head abruptly and eyed the approaching lioness with curious eyes, instantly recognizing her as one of the Sultan’s daughters. Even though her father was on good terms with the pride leader, Mel had never been particularly close with his – rather large – family but she could still easily recognize most of them. They were the royal family, after all.

“Oh, hello. Yes, yes, quite alright.” She looked a little surprised. Mel hadn’t really realized she was being watched when she was not in her usual composed best. She would’ve groaned if it hadn’t seemed impolite... but she really disliked the feeling of ruining a first impression. “You’re Sultan Aali’s daughter, right?” Even though Mel was quite sure of it, it was always polite to ask. She smiled a little but not nearly as cheerfully as she usually did. “I’m Banu Mel’Tamu, Pad Nywelle’s daughter. I was… I am…”

She hesitated, unsure of how to proceed in the presence of a member of the Sultan’s family. The last thing she wanted was to give Shahla the impression that she disapproved of the Ukuucha’Wafalme’s customs and traditions in any way or form.

“My brothers will be leaving on their quests soon. I’m sure they’ll return quickly but… I’ll miss them terribly.” I’ll probably be given to a pad before they return so things will never be the same again. Everything is changing so quickly. She kept the last part to herself, thinking about how strange improper it would seem for her to suddenly blab her deepest worries and fears to someone she’d just met.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:50 am
"I am indeed." Bowing again, the darker lioness watched silently as her company spoke more. To Shahla, this lioness seemed to be withholding some information, or perhaps she was just being tactful for not letting her elder know what was completely wrong. Whichever the case may be, Shahla wanted to know more.

"It is very welcoming to meet you Banu Mel'Tamu." She waited to see what else the Mel would do. As Mel hesitated, Shahla could only smile, encouraging the other to continue with her thoughts. She wasn't the type to judge another based on their own thoughts. It was only when it hurt her family, herself, or her love that she became discouraged or upset.

When she finally spoke again, Shahla's eyes watered slightly. That feeling was so well known to her that it took all she had to not embrace the other. Moving a bit closer to the lioness, Shahla looked towards the lake, then back at Mel. "We could sit by the lake and talk about this further. I myself am going through hardship because of similar reasons. Perhaps we could comfort each other?"

Waiting for the brown lioness to reply, Shahla took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She would not cry right there, she had to stay strong for the other banu. After all, she was part of the royal line.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm
It would be a lie to say that Mel didn’t have a part of her that could, very simply and very accurately, be described as shallow. The young banu was in fact rather prone to frivolous thoughts and at this particular moment that part of her was rejoicing not because she might be in the process of making a new friend but because that potential friend was one of the Sultan’s daughters. Mel was the daughter of a God, after all! And their fathers had history together… didn’t it make sense that she’d get along with royalty then?

“I would really like that.” she said with a happy smile, moving closer to the edge of the lake with bouncy steps. She couldn’t deny being curious to what could be troubling Shahla but she managed not to sound too eager. “What troubles you?”

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games