Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
What are we missing? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 pm
Every so often I pose the question. How can we get more people active and get more posts.

I am very eager to rebuild the guild to how it used to be, back when we had core members who would post very frequently. Obviously we still have core members - we just don't post as much.

What sorts of things would you guys want that would interest you in coming back every day, or even multiple times a day. Getting more members I don't think would help, we have lots of members - plus most new members never end up posting in the first place.

=^.^.= -fwer  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:16 pm
I have two magnificent ideas ^^ both in guilds I am in other than this one both my ideas XD

Ok so 1 is to have sort of a daily lottery where we have a chat thread and once a day u or another captain will place a random furry picture and the first person to quote it will win a small gold or item prize of your choice.

Another idea is one that I just started have no idea if it will work out. ^^ Its called Small donations.

instead of explaining it you can read what I wrote xD its so much more precise.

Small Dontions

The gist of it is we can help each other out because the items we put up to be donated are under 35k It means if someone else in the guild has it and doesn't use it or feels like being nice and buying it then they can without paying out the nose for Monochrome Keido or Pale Marionette.

Two great ideas anyway ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:30 pm
unfortunatly the only motivation for people to post at all seems to be gold >.> So different gold or item games... Specifically ones that occur once a day or you could have a sort of thing where you *pick a time of day* or more than one time of day randomly and the person who posts at that time exactly will get a "ticket" aka be added to a list in which there is a larger prize that is drawn weekly or every two weeks at random.

by drawing I mean u put them in order maybe have like idk 7-14 peoples names and then the person who u call the number of using the random number action gets the prize.

Don't disclose the time of day... make it random like the lottery... and if u happen to post then well then u get a chance to win a nice prize.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 pm
gross lottery.  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 pm
Yeah people love getting gold. There is always that.

It would be nice if people were also adding content to the forum via decent discussions.

I am actually thinking of somewhat rebranding the guild to try to attract more people who might be interested in furries, but are not actually a furry. Or people who have no interest in furries, but would still have something to add to discussions.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm
00Shoe
Yeah people love getting gold. There is always that.

It would be nice if people were also adding content to the forum via decent discussions.

I am actually thinking of somewhat rebranding the guild to try to attract more people who might be interested in furries, but are not actually a furry. Or people who have no interest in furries, but would still have something to add to discussions.

Yeah... I just feel like people need to come here more often >.< Because I know I'm not great about always posting but I don't find things I want to post back on often except for of coarse for Fox and the rant subforum.

I'm not sure what kind of discussions would increase peoples chatting though unfortunately >.<  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Neopopulus

3,150 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm
I agree with the free gold idea...
And the more serious discussion..

Also, something along the lines of a chatterbox thread... I dunno if we have one, but if we did have a general thread for just hanging out, I'd post alot more...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:06 pm
Neopopulus

Also, something along the lines of a chatterbox thread... I dunno if we have one, but if we did have a general thread for just hanging out, I'd post alot more...

Everything (General Chat) its the second subforum on the list >.>  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Neopopulus

3,150 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:43 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Neopopulus

Everything (General Chat) its the second subforum on the list >.>
not what I meant. I mean a thread that really has no topic. You can just pop in and say hi and goof off.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:46 pm
i think we need...um......-facedesk- i cant think of anything....
i do like the goofing off thing. -chibi pounces neo-  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm
random goofing off sounds nice but we need more people to goof off >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:54 pm
Deaths kitsune
dodge*  

Neopopulus

3,150 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 pm
Neopopulus
Deaths kitsune
dodge*

stop dodging me
-noms your head-  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:00 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
random goofing off sounds nice but we need more people to goof off >.>

i know. The primary appeal of this guild is furry RP-ing. That only a appeals to a very limited group. By adding casual chat AND serious discussion we'll appeal to a larger group.  

Neopopulus

3,150 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm
What about a person of the day. Someone who makes the most posts one day not crew related ^^ Post their avi in a special spot ^^ Show them off. People love recognition as much as gold.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff