Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

Arcanasylvana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:02 am
metal gypsy
Madame_Fluffy
Kids these days and the way they choose to get their messages across via the written word.

I seriously weep for the English teachers who have worked so hard to teach their pupils the proper way to construct a sentence; only to see all that time having gone to waste when said pupils resort to using texting/twittering to state their thoughts, instead.

Gone is the intelligent way of writing; as, for some odd reason, it's far cooler to 'lyke, omg!1! t4lk lyke dis!!11'

The kids claim it's just faster to talk in text/twittering dialect; I've tried writing that way, my fellow geezers - and I can tell you, it's takes me far less time typing out a legible sentence than it does to get the same idea across through twittering.

It especially scares me when I hear discussions that such dialect will one day be taught in schools. O.o

If that is the case, should I ever be blessed with children, I'm homeschooling them. XP
lmao between texting and ebonics our kids are scaring the hell out of me considering that like the guy from the breakfast club said these kids will be running our country when we get even older. lol ;p

Hear! Hear! I yell at my kids when they start using ebonics. I tell you if I catch them writing on paper in texting format, I'll kill 'em. English always was my favorite subject in school, writing poetry, reading Shakespeare, etc.

It is SO scary just thinking about where the world is headed as time goes by, I remember when I was pregnant with my girls wondering if they would have to wear body armor to school. Not there yet, but .......  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 am
Catrix
Gothic Star28
Velouria Dragoon
Harbone
I remember when pop music was exciting.

Kids these days wouldn't survive two minutes in a mosh pit!

I went out dancing, the other day (for a given value of other day) and I almost fell asleep on the dance floor.

In my day, we played out music loud and hard! And violently!

And punk! You call that punk! Some of those guys can actually sing, that ain't punk!
Hell Yeah, punk rock is supposed to sound bad. Isn't that the whole point? These guys don't get it. And Emo? What's Emo... Why in my day a guy could be moody and dark without lables being put on them. Some of the groups I listened to were the fore runners of Emo. These kids today don't even know what emo is...

wasn't emo simply angst in the 90's? emo....pshhhh................danm kids call me emo. I'll spike your food with fiber one!!

LOL I always considered EMO the same as like ALTERNATIVE....the black finger nails and all and the eye liner....or guy liner...I remember guys wearing guy liner 13 or more yrs ago

and see black fingernail polish wasn't cool so you would like wait till halloween at you local woolworths or something and stock up.  

Gothic Star28

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:01 pm
Tillisnut
The 1st computer I used didn't even have a floppy disk. It had a cassette tape drive you could use to load programs from. 5000bytes of RAM. This was circa 1984. That was my early exposure to computers as a kid.

You didn't use a monitor then. It hooked up to a TV set.

User Image

!!busted!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:27 pm
Brainded
lumi aubrylle
well if anyone's interested I found info on cookie monster, my daughter seems to have exaggerated a bit, darn kids. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/219386_nocookie.html

have you ever mentioned something only to be asked . who or what in the world are you talkin about by the young'uns. I was talking about eating your spinach to be strong like Popeye & my kids are like "Who is Popeye?". Man I feel old. rolleyes

I love Popeye. (Although I hate spinach) My dad never turns off boomerang (Now's there's a channel for REAL cartoons) and I absorb hours of Tom and JErry and Yogi Bear

User Image

Property of Team 4  

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash