Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
ENDLESS JOURNEYS (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:16 am
Nova Blancke
"Keleth don't!" Leo shouted at Keleth but was too late. The Earth Diver took the blow to the head but it did not seem to even flinch. It threw it's head up with force and roared once more. But this roar was louder almost deafening from a distance. But up close it was painful and the vibrations of it the air inside of your lungs would feel like it slipped out.

Keleth dropped to her knees while still maintaining a grip on her hammer. Her teeth rattled from the vibrations and pain caused by the roar.

She looked picked her head up and glared at the Earth Diver. She considered waiting until it stopped yelling and took a breath, but her own sensation of breathlessness caused her some concern. She had been wanting to wait, but she figured it would be a good time to reveal what she had used all of her her money to pay an enchanter to do to her hammer.

She gripped the hammer and forced herself onto her feet, her grin now one of determination. She knew her father would hear of this, and she wasn't going to give him an excuse to keep her from leaving this time.

She raised her hammer once more, not over her head, but to the side as though she were about to drive a spike into the ground. Runes on the head of the weapon glowed as she cried out, "Shut...up!"

She drove the hammer into the Earth in close proximity to the diver. The runes flashed and a great stalagmite burst from the ground underneath the Earth Diver. She hoped it would be enough to pierce the creature's underside, or at the very least stop it from roaring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:37 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Alec's eyes bulged with surprise and his face went flush. He took the kiss for a few seconds before grasping her shoulders prying her lips off of his. The act of doing so required a great deal of willpower, as his hesitation was evident.

"Kerana! You know what would happen if word got back home. What has gotten into you?" he asked with great concern.

"I no longer fear. I no longer fear to be happy with you and be more than just guardian and master, more than just friends but to love. I no longer fear the consequences, the council catching us in the act. Besides Nova had suggested to pursue you and live happily ever after and never return to our village if it comes to that. If we don't act now, our lives would pass us by because of fear and we would never be together."

"Aren't you tired of the hiding? Holding back what we know to be true? "

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:46 pm
Nova Blancke

"This kind of change.... It's not natural. Someone or something changed her...for better and worse. Is there something in the shadows Trinity?" Nova asked.

Trinity held the dome surrounding Alec and Kerana until the creature finished roaring and covered her ears while doing so. It looked like Nova had asked asked a question. When he realized she was covering her ears to prevent the sound of the earth diver from entering them he relayed his inquiry telepathically.

Trinity closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on the surface. But she couldn't sense anything. She sank into her shadow and tried once more there. She could not sense another presence. Looking at the surface, it looked like the creature was done with roaring. She came back and answered, "I agree this change is not natural but I do not sense anyone or anything within the shadows. Is it possible that she may have cast a spell on herself to behave in such a manor? If so, why would she do such a thing?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:06 pm
"To change your own emotional state with magic is possible but it does not free you from the consequences. She would know that. This....this is something else." Nova paused " What have you done this time.....?"

Keleth's attack scraped the underside of the Earth Diver. But this was a creature who's daily routine consists of digging through rock. It's scales were too thick and sturdy to be punctured by rock. It did topple him over for a second before it continued the roll and was back on it's feet again.

"Keleth, fall back! We need a strategy and you are not helping!" Leo shouted at the young dragon-kin. Her recklessness would get her killed.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:36 pm
Trinity watched as Keleth's attempt failed. She heard Leo and agreed with him. If Nova wasn't going to take action, she was. She approached Leo, "I agree, I'm willing to help. What do you need? Do you know of any weak points this creature may have?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:54 pm
"Enjoying the view so far, Fireball?" Nova asked his daughter who just responded with glee. " I take that as a yes." He chuckled.

The Earth Diver did not charge in despite it's aggressive stance. It knew it had to fight but was not reckless. It's older age was a sign of it.

"It's scales are layered and our weapons can only puncture it with enough force with the right angle. Keleth, we can use your hammer to create that force.The best way is to get close and pierce between the scales if you cannot create that thrust." Leo briefly explained while keeping an eye on the beast. "Keep circling it."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 pm
"Layers huh…" she thought to herself out loud. "Let's see if I can give Keleth an advantage…". She closed her eyes and reach out her her hand. She figure that all of these scales would have a shadow. She never tried something like this before. Normally it would be one solid shadow, as opposed to multiple little ones. She tried to see if she could separate them enough in one area.

Nova Blancke

Rikki Tikki Travi

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:35 pm
Kerana
"I no longer fear. I no longer fear to be happy with you and be more than just guardian and master, more than just friends but to love. I no longer fear the consequences, the council catching us in the act. Besides Nova had suggested to pursue you and live happily ever after and never return to our village if it comes to that. If we don't act now, our lives would pass us by because of fear and we would never be together."

"Aren't you tired of the hiding? Holding back what we know to be true? "

"Of course I am tired of it. It sometimes feels like I expend more energy trying to hold myself back than I do fighting. I loathe waiting for the day I can show my affections in the open."

"But, Kerana, there is more than just you and I at stake. My father is the alpha, and your family has had someone on the council since it was created. It may not just be us that suffer for out love."

Alec took her hands into his and looked pleadingly into her eyes.

"I am confident in my spirit's advice. We need to confront our people before we do anything drastic. I love you, with every ounce of my being, but I think it would be better to err on the side of caution for just a bit longer."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:47 am

"Erring on a side of caution a bit longer?
Throw caution to the wind and with no fear hindering you, you can be free.
How many times do I have to nearly die to have you know that may no longer be an option? How many times you came so close to loosing me forever and risk never being together? " She heard a spell whispering in her ears "Out of all of the risks... we.. took already... why ... not .. this?" she fell with a sleep spell upon her.

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 am
Trinity smirked as she saw her spell worked by whispering it in her ears while trying to keep the scales separated at the same time. This did not effect Alec for he could not hear. She knows that this was an important discussion but first they needed to handle the earth diver and currently Kerana was not helping.

"Alec, don't worry about her we need to focus on the subject at hand!" She said referring to the Earth Diver. She placed a dome over Kerana for now and continued trying to use the shadows of the scales to give the hammer wielding dragon girl a clear shot.

Nova Blancke

Rikki Tikki Travi

BeaMichelle

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:31 pm
Keleth heeded Leo's order and leaped back with her powerful legs to put some distance between herself and the Earth Diver. Her grin was less jovial and more determined now. She hadn't killed it, but she had gotten it to stop it's deafening roar.

Her sharp eyes noticed a shift in the shadows surrounding the creature's scales. She knew it had to be the work of Trinity. How exciting this was for the young dragon-kin.

An idea occurred to her at that time. When she was younger, she had some difficulty cutting volcanic stones that would sometimes get in the way of her families crops. He father then showed her how a wedge could create a breaking point in seemingly unbreakable stones.

She lifted her hammer and poised herself into a ready position. She had the mallet ready, she just needed someone to provide the wedge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:04 am
Alec was jarred by Kerana's sudden sleep. He was on the verge of going into attack mode, but then he heard Trinity's words and calmed himself. The shadow walker was right, there was a pressing matter at the present.

Alec took a deep breath and steeled himself. He chanted quickly to gather the necessary mana for what he was attempt. He clasped his hands together as though he were about to pray. What he was actually doing was casting a spell specific to animals that would hopefully paralyze it long enough to get a killing blow in.

It was a level two spell that he was attempting for the first time under duress. He hoped it worked as well as the Cat's Grace spell he had cast during the duel.

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:58 pm
BeaMichelle

An idea occurred to her at that time. When she was younger, she had some difficulty cutting volcanic stones that would sometimes get in the way of her families crops. He father then showed her how a wedge could create a breaking point in seemingly unbreakable stones.

She lifted her hammer and poised herself into a ready position. She had the mallet ready, she just needed someone to provide the wedge.

Trinity wasn't sure what the dragon girl was waiting for. But noticed she needed a more focal point perhaps a nail of sorts. Ingeadn of trying to lif an area of scales for the opening she merged her shadows into one sort of big nail/wedge for her hammer to land. I hope this works…  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:26 pm
((Sorry, not feeling the mojo these days ^^ wink )

The Earth Diver roared as Trinity tried to use her magic on it. It leaped towards her and spun itself as it landed, it's tail acting like a whip.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:22 pm
"Ooo someone doesn't like to have their scales ruffled." she cooed. She leaped back and let her shadow pull her in. The nail of shadow was still there as she did not take her eyes off of that spot. She emerged near it allowing its eyes to focus on her. She dodge the whip like tail until it was in was in range of the dragon girl's hammer. Once there she drew her glaive and blocked its tail. "Any time guys! What do you need an invitation?!"

Nova Blancke

Rikki Tikki Travi

BeaMichelle

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games