Catherine
fizz19
Catherine
fizz19
Catherine

Alright I was able to change the language on my computer to type in kana, now how do I know which key equals the kana letter?

Oh and what type of Blackberry do you have? Is it standard on all of them?

oh thats weird because if i type "ki", き will come up. And I have the blackberry bold 9700 and im not sure if its the same for all of them but i was able to choose what languages i wanted on the phone, i havent installed japanese yet tho

I have Verizon, but I'm moving soon and so I may get a new plan, I was just curious. I didn't care for the Iphone about 2 years ago, but now I'm not so sure. Your phone is in Japanese the whole time? I want a phone where I can change from English to Japanese when I write emails.

I typed "ki" and this is what came up: マニ
I think I'm doing something wrong.

The Japanese language doesn't use the space bar. It kinda all blends together, and is written top to bottom, right to left. What about paragraphs, commas, and periods?

I'm not sure about that and my phone can change languages when im typing and so can iphones.

I thought I would let you know that I figures out the issue I was having on my computer. I had it set wrong, and I couldn't really read anything because it wasn't the full width of the kana. I'm starting to notice kana on packages of Japanese food and Manga, and I know what they are off the top of my head, which is a good start. I also was talking to my mom about Japanese, and how jumanji is; well there are a lot of words that I would spell how the Japanese spell them them makes more sense to me than some English, and ahh trying to learn Spanish. biggrin I'm very happy.

I don't think I would use the Japanese setting on a phone much; I wouldn't have many people to talk to except through email, but it would be good practice. biggrin I'm going to look into it in my next upgrade.

well it's good you solved your problem biggrin