Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catherine

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 pm
This may be a lame question, but having an American system on my computer if I wanted to post something in Japanese(once I learn) how would I do that?

How do you text that way?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 pm
Catherine
This may be a lame question, but having an American system on my computer if I wanted to post something in Japanese(once I learn) how would I do that?

well for me to do it, i just went to control panel and added a another language to my keyboard so now i can type in Japanese eg. ひらがな  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Kai Shi

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:23 am
Some older versions you may need to download an asian language pack. Nothing tricky, just look up how to do it on google 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:12 pm
fizz19
Catherine

well for me to do it, i just went to control panel and added a another language to my keyboard so now i can type in Japanese eg. ひらがな

I added the laguage but how do I type using the characters?  

babymomma282645

Shirtless Smoker

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:19 pm
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Catherine

well for me I set it up so i can press ctrl+2 to change to Japanese. Then i click on something that can be on the desktop or taskbar, which changes if your typing in romanji, kanji, hiragana, katakana etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm
fizz19
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Catherine

well for me I set it up so i can press ctrl+2 to change to Japanese. Then i click on something that can be on the desktop or taskbar, which changes if your typing in romanji, kanji, hiragana, katakana etc.

アリガト! But how do I type in Hiragana?  

babymomma282645

Shirtless Smoker

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Catherine

アリガト! But how do I type in Hiragana?

for me on my taskbar i was able to change if i wanna type with katakana, hiragana, hiragana+kanji etc. I just need to click on the language toolbar.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:04 pm
wow . also if it also on the language tool bar in desktop. is it also used for phones?  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:30 am
Phoniex of Darkness
wow . also if it also on the language tool bar in desktop. is it also used for phones?

depends on your phone, I use a blackberry so i can change what language i type in, you can also do that for iphones. Idk what its like for other phones.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:34 pm
okay. Thank you for explain it to me.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Catherine

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 pm
fizz19
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Catherine

Alright I was able to change the language on my computer to type in kana, now how do I know which key equals the kana letter?

Oh and what type of Blackberry do you have? Is it standard on all of them?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm
Catherine
fizz19
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Catherine

Alright I was able to change the language on my computer to type in kana, now how do I know which key equals the kana letter?

oh thats weird because if i type "ki", き will come up. And I have the blackberry bold 9700 and im not sure if its the same for all of them but i was able to choose what languages i wanted on the phone, i havent installed japanese yet tho  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Catherine

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:39 am
fizz19
Catherine
fizz19
Miharu-chan321
fizz19
Catherine

oh thats weird because if i type "ki", き will come up. And I have the blackberry bold 9700 and im not sure if its the same for all of them but i was able to choose what languages i wanted on the phone, i havent installed japanese yet tho

I have Verizon, but I'm moving soon and so I may get a new plan, I was just curious. I didn't care for the Iphone about 2 years ago, but now I'm not so sure. Your phone is in Japanese the whole time? I want a phone where I can change from English to Japanese when I write emails.

I typed "ki" and this is what came up: マニ
I think I'm doing something wrong.

The Japanese language doesn't use the space bar. It kinda all blends together, and is written top to bottom, right to left. What about paragraphs, commas, and periods?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:25 am
Catherine
fizz19
Catherine
fizz19
Miharu-chan321

I have Verizon, but I'm moving soon and so I may get a new plan, I was just curious. I didn't care for the Iphone about 2 years ago, but now I'm not so sure. Your phone is in Japanese the whole time? I want a phone where I can change from English to Japanese when I write emails.

The Japanese language doesn't use the space bar. It kinda all blends together, and is written top to bottom, right to left. What about paragraphs, commas, and periods?

I'm not sure about that and my phone can change languages when im typing and so can iphones.  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Catherine

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 pm
fizz19
Catherine
fizz19
Catherine
fizz19
Miharu-chan321

I'm not sure about that and my phone can change languages when im typing and so can iphones.

I thought I would let you know that I figures out the issue I was having on my computer. I had it set wrong, and I couldn't really read anything because it wasn't the full width of the kana. I'm starting to notice kana on packages of Japanese food and Manga, and I know what they are off the top of my head, which is a good start. I also was talking to my mom about Japanese, and how jumanji is; well there are a lot of words that I would spell how the Japanese spell them them makes more sense to me than some English, and ahh trying to learn Spanish. biggrin I'm very happy.

I don't think I would use the Japanese setting on a phone much; I wouldn't have many people to talk to except through email, but it would be good practice. biggrin I'm going to look into it in my next upgrade.  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff