((Note: This happened half an year ago, just after the events of Kingdom Hearts II. Obviously, we do not follow the Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance story line.))

“Cursed Keyblade...” Those were the last words Xemnas spoke before fading away in front of the eyes of the Keyblade Wielders. They would think he was dead, had disappeared into the Darkness, but the Superior knew better.
He woke up a while later, surrounded by nothing but stone, Heartless and Darkness. The man immediately recognized the place and stood up. He had returned here, and he knew the others had as well. Everything was going exactly as planned. Without hesitation, the Superior of the In-Between began to wander through the wastelands of this realm.

After a short while, Xemnas noticed another male in the exact same coat sitting on one of the rocks, obviously deep in thought about something. The hood was covering the man's head, but the Superior knew who it was. “Number VII.” He spoke in his deep, emotionless voice, to which the other person reacted immediately. The member stood and faced his leader, “Xemnas. We survived.” It was something obvious, yet it needed to be said. “Yes, and there is no time to waste.” Xemnas answered, knowing the other was full of questions. However, they would need to find the others first and gather. Without any more words, the silver haired Nobody continued on his way. He knew where he was going. Saïx followed without hesitation.

A short while later, the two Nobodies walked into another small group. One of them was playing with fire while the other two were having some kind of unimportant discussion. At the sight of Xemnas, they all fell quiet. After a short moment of silence, and a lot of glaring between the Superior and Axel, the leader told them: “Follow me.” He still had use for the traitors, after all.
Within just a few seconds, another girl appeared out of nowhere, giving Xemnas a curious expression. “You're not going to punish him for betraying the Organization?” Jaxine asked, coming to walk next to the silver haired Nobody. He didn't take his eyes off of the road in front of them as he answered shortly: “You'll understand.” The girl gave him a nod to show she accepted that answer and kept quiet ever since. There was no need to talk if nothing important could be said.

Another while of walking later, the group began to hear noises in the distance. You could hear it were voices. Voices that had a discussion.
“And why would you be the Superior?!” One of the voices asked angrily, having another to reply: “You wouldn't make a fine solution either!” Which only received: “Like any of you have enough intellect to lead a group like this.”
It continued on like this until the group of Xemnas got into sight. They stopped abruptly. A few were glad to see him, the others surely weren't. “What is going on here?” Saïx asked strictly as he gave the traitor, Marluxia, a well deserved glare. Vexen spoke up first, glad the leader would finally come to his aid. “These imbeciles all wanted to rule Organization XIII!” He spoke loudly. Xigbar threw his hands up in a defending motion, “He wanted it himself, too!” “Number II is speaking the truth.” Marluxia added, rather going down with his enemies than all alone. Xemnas simply frowned at the sight of them, “It doesn't matter. I will continue to lead.” He glanced around the whole group of Nobodies. “If anyone has any objection, feel free to challenge my leadership right now.”

Everyone glanced around, and it was obvious no one dared to speak up, even though they would want to. Not everyone was happy with Xemnas as a leader, but everyone knew they couldn't win a battle from him. The Superior would turn them into a Dusk right there and then.
Xemnas, pleased with the reaction, continued talking: “It seems we all agree to this. Now, we're only missing numbers XII and XVI.” “I'm picking up their scents not too far away from us.” Zexion stated calmly, pointing into the direction of where those two were located. The Superior nodded and ordered for both Zexion and Saïx to go get them here. The rest would wait for their arrival.

~After searching for a while.~

"Zexion and Saïx soon found the two females they had to search for. And, as expected, they weren't really getting along. Xidana summoned her weapons and pointed them at Larxene, who already had her Kunai in her hands. "You know, I'd rather not fight, but if you're going to, I don't see why I shouldn't." She said, grinning at Larxene. This only made the Savage Nymph more annoyed, but just as she was about to attack, Saïx told them to stop. “XII, XVI! Restrain yourselves!” “She doesn't want to leave me alone!” Larxene answered annoyed."I'm just defending myself. Am I not allowed to do that when I get threatened?" Xidana replied to that, the grin still on her face. “Enough!” Number VII gave them both an angry look. “The Superior wants to see you both. You will get back your position in the Organization, unless you dare to challenge him as leader.” This was added just for the traitor to know her place. Larxene, however, was not glad to hear this. She hoped to finally be free with Marluxia. Xidana, however, simply shrugged as she lowered her weapons. “I'm not really feeling like getting turned into a dusk.” She then faced the other woman, still grinning. “Seems like you got lucky.” “We should return.” Zexion said calmly as he began to make his way back to the others, followed by the two females and Saïx, who kept a close eye on them.

~Once back with the others.~

Xemnas gazed around at everyone, before beginning to talk: “The Keyblade Wielders may think they have destroyed us, but Kingdom Hearts has given us yet another chance to live! A chance to begin anew! We will reform Organization XIII, become stronger and accept new members, as we plot our revenge against the Guardians of Light. The traitors are forgiven, but I warn them not to oppose me again, as I will not be as forgiving next time. We won't be stopped and Kingdom Hearts will be ours!”