Submit

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm
I found two links to some articles that I feel the pro-choice guild should see. It is basically a bill the anti-choicers want to make called Stupak on Steroids. The article basically talks about how if the bill passes that basically the bill would allow hospitals to refuse to provide abortion care, even when necessary to save a woman's life. It would also make it virtually impossible for private insurance companies that participate in the new health system to offer abortion coverage to women. As a result, women entering the new health system could lose coverage they already have. I think this bill is terrible and I wish that the anti-choicers would leave woman alone and stop trying to take our rights away and leave us alone.

Key Committee Hearing on "Stupak on Steroids" Bill Today

The “Stupak on Steroids” Agenda Brings Multiple Attacks on Women’s Health  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:20 pm
wouldn't the whole "even when necessary to save a woman's life" thing violate their Hippocratic oath?

some people are just... backwards.  

Demon Days

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:57 pm
Demon Days
wouldn't the whole "even when necessary to save a woman's life" thing violate their Hippocratic oath?

some people are just... backwards.
I agree completely that would be completely backwards. I wish that the anti-choicers would quit trying to make laws that would hurt women especially when it comes to their health. There is another law they are trying to pass. It is a law to take away family planning which I also find stupid because if it passes it makes me wonder how low income women would be able to afford health care that would keep them healthy.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:53 am
Demon Days

More importantly it would violate the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act which guarantees that if you show up to a hospital in need of immediate care then you can't be turned away.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Pro-Choice Gaians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items