Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[JRP] Death Came with Kindly Care(Sliabh & Buliwyf aka Beo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:14 pm
User Image

Buliwyf, Beo to the rest of the Kitwana'antara Pride, walked on silent paws across the stony ground, his slightly limping gait barely disturbing the fog that had chosen to settle about ankle height as false dawn began to lighten the night sky.

He'd had a long night, attending to his duties as a Secret Keeper. He'd prepared the lioness for the priestess blessing, dressing and adoring her body with the colored stones and shells that matched the lovely creme of her fur. Tonight, after the resting of her soul, after prayers said to the Great Lady, he would return and he would see that her body was properly sent on.

He'd done so already with the two cubs who had been laid to rest yesterday, making for tiring evening, both in body and soul. Now, all Beo wanted was a deep drink of the cool spring ahead, and a few hours rest in his den.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm
User Image

The large black, grey and white figure moved quietly through the swirling mist, the heavy fall of thick pads muffled by the ghostly whiteness that shrouded the world. Stepping along the path that led through the pride, the guard was on his dawn rounds, checking the pride was safe and quiet at this time. Gold eyes picked out a shape moving towards him and he drew to a halt, ears pricking forwards as he tried to catch the foot falls that would ell him who was out and about at such an hour.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 pm
Beo had a distinct gate, his back left leg had healed, but the muscle was short shanked, and so there was a pause when he walked. Three steps, pause, step, three steps more.

Coming up out of the fog, his amber eyes spotted the guard, one he only had a passing familiarity with, but had heard he was one of the rare lions who seemed immune to the ravaging disease that struck his kind.

Beo stopped several feet from him, and bowed his head slightly, his eyes looking somewhere over the large male's shoulder, not meeting the other's gaze, but not lowering his in submission.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm

It was that off-beat muffled sound that told Sliabh just who it was coming along the path. So it was with calm eyes that the guard watched the hyena walk out of the mist. While he didn't know the other male very well, he knew of him and knew what role he played in the pride, something that Sliabh had always kept quiet about. His patrol took him all over the pridelands, and he knew many things that would never be repeated, at least by him.

Lowering his head politely he greeted the other male. "Good Morning Buliwyf."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 pm
" Good Morning Sir," the Hyena answered in his soft spoken way, his amber eyes as clear and calm as the lion's. He looked up at the cloudy sky, then back to the mist covered ground, " Dreary though, good, but dreary. There will be rain for today's blessings."

The Secret Keeper sat down, the cold making his bad leg ache, and his night had been a very long one. He was practically falling asleep on his paws, but still, there were so few in the Pride he choose to speak with, except those who he helped nurse when he had time. It was..nice to hear another's voice that was not wracked with pain or struggling for breath.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 am

The tall lion also glanced upwards, tail curling behind him as he studied the skies. The hyena was right, though Sliabh wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. He only hoped everyone could find shelter when it did finally rain.

Letting his gaze drop he watched as Beo settled. "Aye, I just hope its not a bad storm. The land to the south is easily flooded and the pride couldn't escape fast enough if it did." Lifting his head he turned his head to the south, amber eyes unfocused.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm
Beo sniffed the wind, his keen sense of smell telling him the storm was coming up from the south and blowing easterly. He turned his amber pooled eyes back to the tall guard, " It will blow east Sir, the wind is pushing it across us, but I do not think we will get the brunt of the storm."

The hyena considered the clouds for a moment more, his expression thoughtful, " Though it will be good for the land, cleansing...the rain is always cleansing." Beo's voice was soft, his quiet way of speaking setting his listener at ease, a skill he used often with the sick and the dying.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 pm

He couldn't help but wonder at the hyena's polite manner, but then, he himself had been like that before he left for the rougelands some months ago. His trip out into the world had taught him many things, had opened his eyes to the world in a way he never could have guessed. He knew he had changed within himself, though he wasn't sure if it was a good, or a bad change. He certainly found pride life calmer.. almost comforting in its familiarity. There was no chance of sudden attacks by bands of hyenas, or half-crazed rouge males. His patrols seemed calm in comparison to the wilderness that h had existed within for those few months. The odd rogue he now saw on the boarders seemed tame.

Giving himself a mental shake he nodded to the hyena's comment. "That it is, the land needs everything in moderation. Though I wonder if the sun will be hidden for a while, this fog is exceptional."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 pm
Beo cocked his head to one side, his ears sweeping forward at the large lion's seeming introspection. He wondered at it, but was far to polite to inquire to its reason.

Everyone had secrets, they were theirs to keep or theirs to share, the hyena never pushed for either, but often found himself as the listening ear more often then not.

"The fog is a gift sir, it allows us a quite sense of peace. A veil drawn over all that the lands bare witness to every day. The fog and rain are the gods ways of giving us a few moments of solace within our troubled hearts."

Beo's amber eyes had turned back to look over the valley, his voice filled with a tender strength as he spoke, a calm surety that was oddly comforting. The canine truly believed what he said, and that belief brought him acceptance, and hope.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 am

The hyena's words made Sliabh tilt his head, vivid gaze thoughtful. He could tell the other male truly believed what he said, though Sliabh had never thought of it that way and took a moment to consider the other's comment. As a Guard, the fog was a hinderance, shortening his line of sight sometimes to little more than a few steps. It made watching out for rogues almost impossible and the damp chill that always came with the fog froze him through to the bones.

"At least someone is content with the white veil." He replied, smiling faintly. Though he didn't continue his thoughts. The members of the Kitwana had such little joy and purpose to their lives, he was loathed to argue for the sake of it. Instead, he dipped his head politely and stepped off the path, so the lame hyena wouldn't have to walk round him when he moved on.

"Morning comes..." Lifting his eyes upwards to where the fog glowed a soft white with the dawn he breathed deep of the chill air. "I do not wish to keep you." Looking back at the other he bowed his head.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:23 am
Beo stood with a surprising grace, despite his lame leg, and bowed his head in return, " You were not keeping me sir, I enjoyed having someone to share the dawn with. I rarely get the chance for conversation, it was pleasant, thank you."

He began to make his way past the lion, but he paused and looked up at him with his pooled amber eyes, " If I may be so bold as to ask your name Sir?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:27 am

Dipping his head once again in return, the large lion watched as Beo padded past him. "I as well, it is nice to share words." He remembered how he used to be, so silent and almost nervous around everyone. he much preferred the easy exchanges he now partook in than that uncertain solitude...

Tilting his head at the question he nodded easily. "I am Sliabh, a Guard."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 am
Beo gave him a genuine smile, and it lit his eyes, brightening the young hyena's countenance and showing the amiable and compassionate spirit within him, " A pleasure to meet you Sliabh, I am Buliwyf, Beo for short. I am a Secret Keeper."

He said the last softly, dropping his eyes, for the Pride's reaction to who and what he was varied from individual to individual, and Beo was never sure until he spoke.

"Perhaps we may speak again Sliabh.I would enjoy that I think."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:17 am

Sliabh couldn't help but smile in return, his own just as honest. "It is a pleasure to meet you Beo. And I knew." A soft, friendly chuckle slipped form th lion as he gave the other a compassionate look. It had to be a hard position to hold within the pride, Sliabh had seen the worst and the best of all species out in the roguelands and he could appreciate how delicate the hyena's position was.

"I would like that very much, maybe when you have slept some." He could see how tired the other male was, and didn't want him to fall ill from exhaustion.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:47 am
The Secret Keeper's smile turned into a grin, and he answered with the distinct chortle of his kind. " My night was long, and my den is calling me. Until later then Sliabh, may the goddess keep you on your patrol."

Beo's heart was lighter for having spoken with the tall guard, and the growing weak light from the sun across the fog seemed like the glimmer of hope in the mists. Bowing his head one last time, the heyna turned and began to limp his way toward his den.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff