Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasia ~ A Disney Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion on Disney movies and relating subjects. 

Tags: Disney, Animation, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse, Disneyland 

Reply Disney Discussion
Disney Special Features

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 am
So I just got Alice and Wonderland on Blu-Ray and of course the first thing I do is watch the Special Features. I love the Specials. The more the better. The Blu-Ray editions of Disney Classics have been a treasure of special features that I have loved more then anything such as the Beauty and the Beast with the wonderful 20 minute original concept storyline that the Studio in Paris did before scrapping it and going with the story we know and love. Or the Snow White Specials that included a really nice story of Walt's rise in the movie industry and the troubles it took to create the film.

What is your favorite special?

Are you excited about what the Bambi Blu-Ray will include with it?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 am
My favourite special is on the Hunchback of Notre Dame DVD with the intro in different 21 or so different Languages  

Xanaduhaz
Captain

Blessed Shade

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 am
Xanaduhaz
My favourite special is on the Hunchback of Notre Dame DVD with the intro in different 21 or so different Languages

That was a great one. I love listening to Disney songs in other languages so it really made me happy.

Have you seen the Aladdin Special with the song "Proud of your Boy"? It definitively has a new meaning to me after watching the Documentary "Waking Sleeping Beauty".  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:14 pm
No I havent seen the Aladdin one, I am normally too excited to watch the movie to get to view the specials,I shall definatly make a point of watching them now!  

Xanaduhaz
Captain

Blessed Shade

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm
I love the movies, but if I have seen it enough times, it is the behind the scenes that I really want out of my DVDs and Blu-Rays. They can really enhance the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 pm
I am waiting for the Lion King Special edition when it comes out, I am thinking the specials on that will be awesome, as well as the special on the special edition of Alice in Wonderland.  

Xanaduhaz
Captain

Blessed Shade

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:42 pm

I actually don't care much for the special features. But I do like on my Aladdin DVD they have the option to let you watch only the songs. It saves me the trouble of sitting through the whole movie when all I wanted was the music.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 pm
Special features eh? Well to be honest I don't check them that often... though I have looked at some on Alice in Wonderland (old release).

I can't wait to buy the 60th anniversary edition of Alice in Wonderland~ I wonder if the UK release will have the other unused songs on it this time?

Anyways I love things like concept art and storyboards.  

Azure Caterpillar

netherfreak

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Wyrn

Have you seen the Aladdin Special with the song "Proud of your Boy"? It definitively has a new meaning to me after watching the Documentary "Waking Sleeping Beauty".

That song was really good. I get why they didn't put it in, but at the same time I wish they had.

And "Waking Sleeping Beauty" was so amazing! I was visiting relatives while it was out so I got to see it and I just recently bought it. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, you should.Talk about special features heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:33 pm
netherfreak
That song was really good. I get why they didn't put it in, but at the same time I wish they had.

And "Waking Sleeping Beauty" was so amazing! I was visiting relatives while it was out so I got to see it and I just recently bought it. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, you should.Talk about special features heart

Well can't really sing it without the mother character in the movie any more.

Yes, the documentary was very well done. I got my own copy of it after renting it from the library since I loved it so much.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

netherfreak

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 pm
Wyrn
netherfreak

Well can't really sing it without the mother character in the movie any more.

Yes, the documentary was very well done. I got my own copy of it after renting it from the library since I loved it so much.

That's what I mean, I wish they had kept the mother character and stuff. It would've made it more like the actual story from 1001 Arabian Nights. But if they had kept the mother character in, it would've made the story too complex for a kids movie and maybe even not as popular.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:03 pm
I've heard so many good things about "Waking Sleeping Beauty". I really want to watch it now...  

Spark of Madness

Timid Bookworm

Disney Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces