Submit

Well?
  Jade Empire
  Dragon Age Origins
  Mass Effect
  Baldur's Gate
  Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  Neverwinter Nights
  Im so crushed my favorite game wasn't up here. D: Other.
View Results

Daniesl
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 am
Whats your favorite bioware game?
Mines Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic nothing can beat that game for me. 8D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:35 pm
Obviously Dragon Age Origins..hehe..
I am downloading today Mass Effect..I am curious why everyone is so crazy about it!...

I was thinking about DAO 2...I am a bit dissapointed..I heard they changed the battle style and some stuff..I am also dissapointed because it has a main character and he sounds like a british b*****d...I don't know..the voice doesn't match..Bioware screwed up this time..  

Farting Solo

OG Prophet

Daniesl
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:52 pm
Haha. xD
Oh yes Dragon Age is quite amazing.
Ah, I like Mass Effect but oddly enough the art style hurts my eyes and i get an awful headache if i play it for more than 30 minutes. Weird right?
But hm. Its a pretty good game from what i've seen!

Hm yeah.
The battle style i saw a video of it and ah. D:
Hmm... Well im still looking forward to playing it but im just sad you can't make your own character. I guess its cool can't make your own every time but still. :
Well you'll always have a few mess ups right?
Oh well. I'll still play it. Maybe its way better than what we've seen on trailers and what not... ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:31 pm
Mass Effect, all the way. Love the design, the characters ((super tali fan)), love the plot, and love the character interaction. It was actual the first xbox 360 game I had every bought and loved it every since.

Dragon Age is a close second because of the characters, the story, and the interaction but to me I just didnt like the combat flow. Too much strategy and planning. When I want to launch a huge fire tornado at someone I dont want to sift through three menus then pick out how my allies should defend me while I charge the spell.

But got to say out of all my rpg games Im a solid oblivion fan ((even if its not bioware I must offer my opinion!)). The combat is amazing, the plot is soso, character design is soso, magic is epic and just the gaming interaction and customization and the size of the game. Not to mention if your a pc gamer and have it you can download mods and make it even more epic ((brothels as far as the eye can see X3)).

Those are my opinions and hope to talk more of them later.  

Luigi Egbert
Crew

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Desmond Belmont
Captain

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 pm
I think Dragon Age is the best by far, its an upgrade from my next favorite KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic. And for my Drizzt Do'Urden fandomness I love Baulder's Gate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm
Love Dragon Age. I would have to say it's my favorite. Though, the D&D player inside of me is screaming Neverwinter Nights, I'm still giving it to DA. Enjoyed the story. Enjoyed the characters, except Alistair. I did not like Alistair. I loved some of the evil choices you can make. They are just hilarious, in my opinion.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 pm
Mass Effect for me. Dragon Age comes in a close second. Mass Effect has that high action gun play and storyline with deep character development. Dragon Age has a great storyline as well but gameplay felt restrained due to the fact it plays almost like WoW. The Graphics DA:O could be improved on as well to match Mass Effect.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:03 am
The Lord of Pestilence
Love Dragon Age. I would have to say it's my favorite. Though, the D&D player inside of me is screaming Neverwinter Nights, I'm still giving it to DA. Enjoyed the story. Enjoyed the characters, except Alistair. I did not like Alistair. I loved some of the evil choices you can make. They are just hilarious, in my opinion.

Well he was a bit Cocky...In the end he didn't want to be a king but when i said i would give it to the girl he was like..WHAT THO FOCK I'M OUTTA' ERE!
And when I made him the king he was like..WHAT THO FOCK WAS In YOUR MIND?! :/ So he's a bit cocky..  

Farting Solo

OG Prophet

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 am
Faithless Reality
The Lord of Pestilence

Well he was a bit Cocky...In the end he didn't want to be a king but when i said i would give it to the girl he was like..WHAT THO FOCK I'M OUTTA' ERE!
And when I made him the king he was like..WHAT THO FOCK WAS In YOUR MIND?! :/ So he's a bit cocky..

I can handle cocky. It's not that he was too cocky. I just honestly don't know why I didn't like him. Maybe it's because he was, in the end, too "noble."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:17 am
Mass Effect for me. Dragon age is awesome but it just isn't my thing. Well i mean i love it but i just love Mass effect way more.  

ShepardCousland

Farting Solo

OG Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:23 am
I just Finished Mass Effect today and I would proudly say that DAO is first and second Mass Effect.

I don't know but DAO had this..MAGIC!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm
PinkishCube

Ah, I like Mass Effect but oddly enough the art style hurts my eyes and i get an awful headache if i play it for more than 30 minutes. Weird right?

You might want to try disabling the "blur" effect in the graphics menu, or changing some other stuff in there. I know that bothered me sometimes.  

leezl

Dangerous Elder

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200

leezl

Dangerous Elder

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 pm
I'm still hopelessly attached to Baldur's Gate. I love the storyline and party formation choices.

Dragon Age was really dark. It reminded me of Lord or the Rings. Haven't actually finished it yet. (Got back to Denerim, picked final battle party, then stopped. Lame right?)

I finished Mass Effect 1 and am working on Mass Effect 2. I really liked it, though the switch from game one to game two reminds me of the change from Knights of the Old Republic 1 to 2 (It got darker and some things you did in the first one didn't turn out quite how you thought). All in all both Mass Effects are very good, and remind me a lot of KotOR.

Knights of the Old Republic really opened up the Star Wars world and made it seem broader. Who doesn't want to be a jedi? smile

So...I guess I am indecisive. Is it such a bad thing to enjoy everything Bioware makes? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 pm
leezl
PinkishCube

You might want to try disabling the "blur" effect in the graphics menu, or changing some other stuff in there. I know that bothered me sometimes.

Oh wow.
thank you i had no clue there was such an option! ^^
I shall do that immediately! Your help has been wonderful! ^0^  

Daniesl
Vice Captain

TheLast_WolfSoldier
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:56 pm
Im gonna go with KOTOR. Not just because it was my first bioware game but because it was the first GOOD RPG i played that wasn't made by Square Enix in second Mass Effect cuz its badass and in third would be DA cuz its badass 2 just not as much as Mass Effect.  
Bioware Main Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff