Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Online Magazine

Back to Guilds

Gaias biggest fan made Magazine 

Tags: gaia, online, magazine, community, publication 

Reply Gaia Online Magazine
Questions, Assistance and Feedback. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 pm
Hello!

Please post any questions, concerns or feedback you'd like us here at G.O.M to know. If you have a question that's more directed at a certain section of G.O.M, please specify. smile We will all do our very best to ensure that your question is answered quickly, and as fully as we can!

Submit any of the following:

• Questions about G.O.M in general (staff, hiring, positions, programs used, etc)
  • Problems with viewing the magazine.
  • Improvements we can make to make viewing more pleasurable.
  • Articles or topics you want to see more, or less of.
  • Release dates.

Just so things don't repeat themselves, here's a list of F.A.Q's we have gotten:

Question: I want to help.. But i don't know what to do. I feel useless! I want to do something for GOM!
  • Answer: Help us by spreading the word of G.O.M! Participate in Guild events.. And help us by giving us feedback. If you want to help beyond that, apply to be a CREW member. smile Hard work goes a long way.

Question:
  • Answer:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:52 pm
Question:

With all the changing of renovating... I hate to ask but there was a 1 mil contest in the previous issue that already had 8 finalists.

May I ask if that contest has been revoked?

Because I haven't heard any mention since then.  

Nyx Avalon
Crew

Desirable Felis catus

21,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:17 pm
Kiki _Rain
Question:

With all the changing of renovating... I hate to ask but there was a 1 mil contest in the previous issue that already had 8 finalists.

May I ask if that contest has been revoked?

Because I haven't heard any mention since then.

No, it hasn't been revoked. I still have all the finalists squirreled away in my PM inbox. smile
It's just a matter of putting it in an issue. *Thumbs up*
I'm not sure if it will be in this issue coming up, we might put the finalists IN it so everyone can see and read the submissions.. but not decision on who's winning has been made, as it's chosen by the readers. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:23 pm
I think GOM could really use some improvement on efficiency. This issue is taking forever to be released. The Gaia Job Center payed for an advertisement that had a specific date on it and we were told that the issue would be released before the date in our advertisement. we payed 20,000 gold for this advertisement and now it's out-of-date. The GJC Moderators, including myself, aren't very pleased with the business we've had with GOM.

Now, for a question, can we have a full refund? I payed for this advertisement with my own gold, and I really need it back since our advertisement won't be used. I'd like to get a refund.

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Lenri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Question:
I want to help.. But i don't know what to do. I feel useless! I want to do something for GOM!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 pm
Amensu Saje
I think GOM could really use some improvement on efficiency. This issue is taking forever to be released. The Gaia Job Center payed for an advertisement that had a specific date on it and we were told that the issue would be released before the date in our advertisement. we payed 20,000 gold for this advertisement and now it's out-of-date. The GJC Moderators, including myself, aren't very pleased with the business we've had with GOM.

Now, for a question, can we have a full refund? I payed for this advertisement with my own gold, and I really need it back since our advertisement won't be used. I'd like to get a refund.

Though I'm not officially part of GOM anymore, I think I can help you shed light on that situation:

Admittedly, efficiency during the period in which you requested said advertisement was heavily lowered. As all magazines do from time to time, (such as when they adapt a new leader or a new graphic format,) GOM was going through a tough time of canceled issues, important life situations and other distracting occurrences that ultimately stopped production for awhile.

That being said, those circumstances are taken care of now, and the issue seems to be back on track. If you resubmitted your advertisement, I'm sure that this time it would be printed, and on schedule.

However, in the event that GOM's downtime really did displeasure you, I'm sure that, given the surrounding circumstances, it would be refunded accordingly. In the event that it isn't, I myself would do the honor, given that a good portion of that downtime was my fault entirely.  

YumaKirosaki

Samurai Takeo

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm
Lenri
Question:
I want to help.. But i don't know what to do. I feel useless! I want to do something for GOM!

Spread the word! We could always use more readers. smile And with more readers come a bigger pool of resources, conversations, interests, and feedback. smile

Amensu Saje

I believe you have several options for this scenario.

1: You can get your refund.
2: You can take your advertisement, and edit it for the date and resubmit it.

I personally would go with option 2, since that way you'd still get publicity out there.

Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:48 pm
YumaKirosaki
Amensu Saje

Though I'm not officially part of GOM anymore, I think I can help you shed light on that situation:

Admittedly, efficiency during the period in which you requested said advertisement was heavily lowered. As all magazines do from time to time, (such as when they adapt a new leader or a new graphic format,) GOM was going through a tough time of canceled issues, important life situations and other distracting occurrences that ultimately stopped production for awhile.

That being said, those circumstances are taken care of now, and the issue seems to be back on track. If you resubmitted your advertisement, I'm sure that this time it would be printed, and on schedule.

However, in the event that GOM's downtime really did displeasure you, I'm sure that, given the surrounding circumstances, it would be refunded accordingly. In the event that it isn't, I myself would do the honor, given that a good portion of that downtime was my fault entirely.

Thank you very much for the help. This has helped clear things up.

However, I'm afraid I do need the refund from GOM if at all possible. We don't have anything else to advertise at this time, for right now. Thanks anyway, though.

Note::
I absolutely love GOM. I still plan on doing business with them in the future. These circumstances are understandable.

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 pm
Amensu Saje

Well, I'm horribly sorry that happened. While release dates are technically (and quite literally) out of my control, since I'm not the one who puts it together, that would have to be directly requested to Meji.
If you have an other advertisements that you want to put in, I can discuss with Admiral about giving you a double-credit to make up for it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm
Lenri
Question:

As it's been said, spread the word. smile
Take part in polls that we're putting forth, and chat in the forums both inside and outside of the guild.
Look for openings on the staff. Start small and go big!  

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am
Regarding the refund in question: you shall receive it - 20k along with a free advertisement spot in a future issue & a written apology to your guild. I highly recommend using the free ad in issue #6, seeing as by then we should be back in full operating mode. Expect the 20k within the next hour.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:22 am
On the who wants to be a millionaire...

Are we allowed to re-enter the same reasons we entered before?

Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
Crew

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:55 am
Josephine the Harpist
On the who wants to be a millionaire...

Are we allowed to re-enter the same reasons we entered before?

Yup! I still have ones that were previously sent in. You can resubmit the ones you had sent before, or you can redo it. It's like starting with a clean slate. The people who I'd chosen before, Yes, I still have their entries, but they're not considered finalists anymore to be fair to all those who've joined/left the guild since.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 am
Nymph of Spring

Ah, thank you. The thing is, I have lost my entry and cannot find it... can you help me, since I sent it in to you?  

Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
Crew

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 am
Josephine the Harpist
Nymph of Spring

Ah, thank you. The thing is, I have lost my entry and cannot find it... can you help me, since I sent it in to you?

I didn't keep all of the entries, just the ones that I wanted to move into the top eight.
Luckily, I still have yours, so I'll forward it back to you.. But I cannot count it as an entry until the 1st of Feb, so you'll have to resend it back to me on, or after the 1st.  
Gaia Online Magazine

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff