Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Precious Mucca

7,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:53 pm
I don't know where to start in this guild. There's a lot of stuff everywhere. @.@ Any recommendations?
My main goal for entering this guild was to know about the culture and learn to speak japanese so if that helps. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm
I just joined myself~

I'd say if you want to get rolling on learning Japanese, buckle down and get started on Hiragana and katakana. It just makes life so much easier in the long run!

As for anything else...I'd like suggestions myself. Anyone?  

Kai Shi

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Warabe no akuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 pm
Learning vowel pronounciation and Kana are the two best places to start. being able to recognize symbols really helps in the long run. Stroke order is also a big thing. If you don't know how to write a symbol correctly, you won't get anywhere. Knowing correct English Grammar is a big plus as well. Make sure to study up on that.

Learning about Japanese Adjectives and Verbs take the longest. The Japanese grammar stucture is difficult to master, and you have to be able to not only learn the formal language, but the regular, every day language as well.

I have some website recommendations:
EuDict - This is a great site for figuring out the meanings to many words, not phrases. Just choose the languages, and you're all set.
Linguant - This is a good site for your most basic Japanese things. It has the two Kana alphabets, Cardinal and Ordinal numbers, brief descriptions on Japanese Adjectives and Verbs, as well as examples, common vocabulary words, and Japanese Proverbs and Sayings.
FlashCardMachine - This is a good site for, well, Flash cards! Haha. It is a good memory game if you're working with a buddy on Japanese.

These next three are my personal Favorites. I use the above quite a bit, however, Tim's descriptions of Japanese are the best, whether you're a beginner or just refreshing your brain. These are all from timwerx.net.
1. A Bit of the Japanese Language
2. Japanese Adjectives
3. Japanese Verbs

I hope this helped. In fact, I'm going to make this a topic, so that anyone who needs help can refer to this as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 pm
Well I am new here too i just i will enroll on the weekends. Because i get busy in the weeks of class and volunteering for school. I don't know which one i should start off if i start on the weekend.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items