Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:08 am
User Image
As Msrah and his siblings grew they were capable of getting in more advanced trouble than before. Longer legs carried him longer distances, and his curiosity and creativity knew no bounds. He was curious about many things, and one thing in particular that intrigued him was the parts of the pride lands that were off limits for the younger members. It made sense that some places were too holy for anyone to just go there without preparing, but when he became a priest he'd get to see them. Well probably... Other places were "too dangerous" apparently, but Msrah had a sneaking suspicion that was just another way to say "too much fun" and he intended to find out what the adults were hiding one day.

Today he had another mission, however. Msrah was pretty sure he wanted to become a priest and sing the prayers when he grew up, and since none of his parents were priests they couldn’t possibly answer every question he had about it. And so he lurked where he knew the priests used to be, fully intent to approach the first one he saw and question him or her thoroughly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 am
User Image

Softly humming the tune to the newest worship song she had learned, the young priestess carefully balanced a wide, thin bark disk atop her head, on top of which were several rolled leaf-scrolls. Lilac eyes directed ahead as she walked carefully, her focus on the bark platter with its precious cargo of offerings. The platter was a personal thing, for she had long desired to give an offering to the goddess Isis, wife and sister to Osiris. The goddess was the one she felt closest to out of the pantheon, though she honoured and worshipped all gods. But this day, she had a little bit of free time away from her duties and studies, and felt guilty that she had not yet made her offering after her Goddess led her all he way to the Tuait'tekem from across the rogue lands.

Focused on her task and with the tune softly filling her ears, the slender lioness completely missed the youngster loitering just outside the priests quarters and very nearly ran into him. Yelping as she hurriedly brought herself up short, she just barely managed to keep the bark platter balanced, lilac eyes dipping only after she was sure she wasn't about to drop her offering.

"Ah... hello there.. may I help?" She asked softly, her voice shy and yet pleasantly soft.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 pm
Msrah didn't quite know what to do about the mess he suddenly found himself in. A dark female carrying some interesting and important looking artefacts had nearly tripped over him. He had been looking the other way and this pretty lady must have been too busy carrying those leafy things to notice him. It had never been his intention to prevent the priests and priestesses to perform their priestly tasks, and he was mortified.

"Sorry, sorry," he yelped, "I didn't mean to... sorry! I was just... Um... Are you a real priestess?"

He eyed the disc she was carrying but didn't quite dare to ask about it yet. She didn't seem to be mad, but that didn't prevent him from feeling utterly embarrassed...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 pm
Smiling softly she stepped back and carefully lowered her burden to the ground, sliding it from her head with a capable movement before she relaxed and stood upright once more, violet eyes regarding the youngster with a kind look.

"It is alright, I wasn't paying attention." The turquoise tuft of her tail curled round her back legs as she tilted her head enquiringly. "Yes, I am, a novice Priestess." Curious yet a little shy, the lioness smiled softly. "Was there something you wanted to ask one of us about?" Maybe the youngster wanted an offering made on his behalf.. or perhaps he wished something else from her cast. She would only know if she asked him right?

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:50 pm
There was so much he wanted to ask about, but he wasn't sure where to start, or how to start, or what he had meant to ask in the first place. His mind went blank. Msrah kneaded the ground with his paws, working off some nervous energy and trying to kick start his brain again. It wasn't working. It wasn't working. Gaah!

"I want to become a priest," he blurted, when he couldn't take the pressure anymore. "I... I... really want to become a priest. And sing the prayers and stuff..."

He trailed off and looked hopefully at the pretty priestess.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 pm
A soft smile touched the young lioness's muzzle as the youth struggled to reply. She remembered being that young for it wasn't that long ago, and she knew she had been even more tongue-tied and hapless than this one. When at last a question presented itself from the disgruntled looking cub, she blinked then smiled shyly once again.

"That is a very noble goal." She replied, surprised but warmed by his confession. "Our duties to our gods are sacred. Have you had any instruction as of yet?" She asked gently, wondering how she could help and coming up with very little, but maybe if she knew where he was at, she could find someone higher up than herself who would be able to go over everything with the young male. She wanted to encourage his desires, for there was nothing more fulfilling to her than serving her goddess and the other gods. She would be thrilled if another could find that in their own role.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:00 pm
Praise was always nice, but since it came from a Priestess it was extra nice and Msrah felt warm under his fur. She thought it was a noble goal. Wow. Getting praised by a priestess must be almost as good as getting praise from a God or Goddess (and that was not going to happen, so he'd take whatever he could get).

"We've talked about religion in class," he said, "And Dad takes us to sing the prayers."

To be honest, the singing was what drew him to the profession in the first place. Msrah really liked music, and the powerful way it could move him when the entire pride sang together. It was like magic, and he wanted to be part of that magic.

"Do you have a favourite God or Goddess?" he asked. "Or a favourite song?" He wanted to learn everything and he had a hard time deciding what to ask first.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am
His obvious enthusiasm for his future role was heart warming and she smiled happily, pleased he seemed so eager to learn more about the profession. "That is a very good start indeed." She replied reassuringly, for he still seemed jittery. "Do you enjoy the singing?" She added, though could guess by his tone that he did.

"Well... we don't have favorites, but I do feel close a particular goddess who I believe has been looking after me for some time. You see, I was a rogue before I came here, and I believe that Isis led me here in order that I may become a priestess and aid in the worship of the gods." Pausing she wondered if what she had said was too complex for a cub to understand... as the act of belief and the giving of oneself to the gods was not something that could be analysed and explained, it had to be felt from within.. and that was a much harder idea to put into words.

Thankfully, his next question was much easier. "Well.. we just learned a new song today in fact, I think I have come to like it a great deal." Pausing she took a breath and then started to sing, her voice was soft and as gentle as when she spoke, yet the notes were clear and pure, as innocent as the female herself. Letting the verse trail off she blushed slightly. "I do not know the second half as well yet... but it is a pretty song don't you think?"

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:13 pm
Tanakako

Msrah grinned and nodded vigorously in response to the question. Singing was one of the best things ever according to him. He listened in silence when she talked about gods and the goddess that had helped her. He could sort of understand the part about not having favourites. It might be a bit like having a lot of kids he assumed. You didn't love one more than the other, that's what his parents said when he or his siblings asked at least. He nodded at what she said, but he would probably have to think over it again in order to fully understand.

The young lion locked absolutely awestruck as the priestess started to sing. She had a really nice singing voice and didn't miss a note, despite not knowing all of the lyrics. When she stopped Msrah was smiling blissfully.

"Yeah," he agreed, silly smile on his face, "That was a really pretty song. Can I try?"

He started off just humming the melody, trying to remember how it went, and when he was confident he got it mostly right he started to add in the words he remembered. He still had the voice of a cub, but he could carry a tune. He winced as he missed a tone, and he was pretty sure he'd got some of the words wrong, but it was okay for a first try.

"I'm not as good as you are," he said, "But I would really like to learn."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 am
She giggled softly at his big smile after she finished singing, pleased that he liked the song as much as she did. "Of course you can." She replied, happy to have such a willing pupil. When he started she listened quietly, her own gentle hum joining his own when he hesitated, encouraging him to continue and gently giving him little prompts here or there as he needed them. But considering he had only heard the tune once, he was surprisingly accurate.

"That was very good." She praised, smiling warmly once he had finished. "You have a natural talent for the hymns. I am only learning myself but if you would like, we could practice together when I'm free." Smiling warmly she regarded him with kind eyes. "Once you are old enough, I hope I will see you in the priests enclave. I am certain you will make a very good priest." Leaning down she whispered playfully. "Certainly you sing better than some of the older ones."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:16 pm
Tanakako

Msrah felt positively giddy from the praise and nothing could have wiped the smile off his face at that moment. Praise from a Priestess was nice indeed, even if he knew that there had to be more to it than just singing hymns. As she had pointed out not all priests and priestesses were talented singers. Some were... well, more like Tay really.

"I'd like that," he said shyly, "Maybe it is like my friend. She's not good at singing but she's good at coming up with songs, and she sings with so much happiness it doesn't matter that the tune is messed up. So the priests who don't sing as well might have a lot of happiness or other skills."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm
Chuckling softly she nodded. "Indeed they do. Some are skilled at things that have nothing to do with singing, like healing, or creating poems and prayers, but every job we perform is just as important as another, so if you aren't good at one thing, you can be amazing at something else, and no one will think any less of you for it." She smiled warmly at the youth, pleased he seemed so interested and so open minded as well as bright.

"And of course, we all feel great happiness when we sing, as we are singing for our gods." She agreed, her expression soft with remembered joy.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:06 pm
Tanakako

Msrah nodded as she described the different tasks and that they were all important. He wondered if there were lions who weren't good at anything, but he wasn't sure if she knew and how to ask. He was good at some of the priest-y things at least, so he might not need to worry about that. Something else did worry him however, and he had yet to talk to his parents about it.

"One of my friends said that you need to have the same job as your mom or dad," he said, "But I don't think I want to be a hunter like dad."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:12 am
Tipping an ear as his tone grew worried, she regarded him thoughtfully for a moment. "Well.. as I haven't had my own family, I am not completely certain... but are you the eldest boy out of your siblings? She was fairly sure that it was the eldest who was supposed to carry on the family 'tradition', so to speak, but even if he were the oldest, surely if he truly wished to serve in the priesthood and not the hunters, he would be allowed? It would be a shame to loose that enthusiasm he displayed.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:10 am
Tanakako

His little friend had failed to mention the part about 'first born' and since he wasn't the oldest in his litter he had no reason to worry. It was interesting how information got warped as it was passed between cubs. Perhaps it would teach Msrah not to trust anything he was told by a cub his age, or at least to ask an adult before starting to worry. He had talked a lot about becoming a priest and no adult had told him he couldn't.

"No," he said, "I'm called Msrah since I'm the fifth born in my litter, that's what my name means. I've got tons of siblings!"

He paused and mulled over what she had said, and why she might have asked if he was the eldest of his siblings. "Oh, does that mean I don't have to be a hunter?" His ears perked up again. Asking questions wasn't too bad, and he felt better already. He decided to try asking about that other thing that had bothered him too.

"Are there lions that aren't good at anything," he asked, "How do they know what to do when they grow up?"

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff