Submit

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 pm
User Image

Say who's that handsome bartender over there? Who? You've got to be kidding me! He was so little! Now he's......handsome!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello and welcome to Jasper's Coming of Age party! Our dear mule has become an handsome adult and his friends want to help him celebrate! This party is styled after the traditional Coming of Age Day in Japan that happens every January for young adults to celebrate their new responsibilities in life.

Parties are very common as well as some traditional drinking and clothing. Men can wear tuxes or wear the traditional men's kimono with hamaka over it. Women wear a style of kimono called a furisode that has longer sleeves. Party goers may come in any dress, preferably party style, and said traditional outfits will be offered upon arrival. Missy will be in charge of costuming so you many want to give into her demands. Unless you are really that brave. You don't have to wear them but come on! It's fun! Changing rooms are available if guests wish to change into their clothes.

Food provided will be a combination of traditional japanese fair as well as all american party food. Links have been provided for foods guests may not have heard of.

The japanese food will consist of: sushi, fried tofu, kushiyako, edamame, dango, Pocky

Traditional japanese drinks will be sake, green tea, and japanese beer.

The american foods will consist of: pepperoni, cheese, and supreme pizzas; chips (a variety), deviled eggs, nuts (a variety not just Eli), and tater tots(cause Bya like'em!).

American drinks will include a variety of sodas as well as american beers.

Anyone may bring their own contribution to the food table as well as the bar, just be sure to announce it so we can add it to the list.

Eli, Krypto, and Kamiko have humbly offered up their amazing digs to help their mule friend celebrate being amongst the big people! The party will be held in the main living quarters of their high rise. No access to their bedrooms or the secret superhero lair will be available (at least openly available, muwahaha!). The living room is large and spacious to accomidate the three of them. The kitchen includes a lovely bar area as well as a dining table for six. Kamiko's area's include her dojo, library (mostly superhero books, japanese history, and other assorted workout books), and her meditation room. Krypto has his own room for practicing his snowball magic so it is a bit nippy in there. But it is always full of snow for wintertime fun. Eli has his karaoke room and the "sim room" with his holographic projectors. More descriptions will be added later!

Games will be had and it will be much fun! So far we have a Karaoke contest planned as well as a White Elephant Game. See posts below for details. If you have an idea for a game, send us a PM. We might include it if you provide a prize. ^_^

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 pm
Eli and Kamiko's Home

User Image

Welcome, welcome to our humble home! I'm Kyrpto and I'll be your guide to make sure you don't get into any trouble during the party. Well....Ms. Kamiko said people may make their own but when it comes to the building it's my job to make sure you behave yourself! Don't forget I have a snowball with your name on it! Really! I used water paints! twisted

But now it's time for your tour! First, when you enter, you will see Missy. She's the scary pig lady with kimonos for the party. I'd suggest you do as she says, she's not even scared of my ice balls! Then you have the main living area. The living room has a nice comfy couch and love seat with a pretty fireplace and big screen tv. hehehe, Eli likes to watch his soap operas there. But it's nice and spacious so you won't feel too crowded. Bathrooms are down the hall to the left. Eli needs his own, you wouldn't BELIEVE how much time he spends on his hair. The kitchen is quite modern with a bar seperating it from the dinning room. There is a six seater table there that will have most of the food stuffs on it. I like the edemame myself! whee

Next are the play rooms. Though don't tell Ms. Kamiko I said that! She has her dojo that she practices in. All the sharp things have been taken out but the staffs and practice stuff are still in there if you wana spar a bit. Just remember to take your shoes off. I don't wear them so I'm always ready! Next is her library which is kinda small but contains lots of books on japanese history, culture, and martial arts. She also has all her comic books there and some work out stuff for healthy things. Last of all is her meditation room. Its sorta set up like a japanese garden and she likes to just relax in there. I sometimes sneak a nap in there! 3nodding

Next is Mr. Eli's rooms.
"Ah, I'll take it from here, Krypto. (The kuppy looks a little rueful at interrupting)

Well, where I hope many of our guests will choose to spend time is the karaoke room. It's a perfect replica of the Inner senshi's hideout at Crown Karaoke Parlor from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon--ah, but that's just something to note. There's a small tiered stage with the karaoke setup, a crescent table with seating for five and a counter with further seating as well. Feel free to hang out and sing all night!

Also available to guests is what my mother Mena calls 'the sim room'--the entire room consists of screen panels that can project whatever environment is asked of it...though please be kind to the AI, she can really only handle so much, and she takes requests...very literally. Still, it makes for an interesting part of the tour, so do try and look in if you get the chance!"

Well that's pretty much it! Don't go sneaking around or anything! Our bedrooms are upstairs and I've booby trapped all those stairs! And don't go poking around anywhere else! Cause there are no secret entrances or anything hidden behind stuff or in the walls!....um....yeah... redface Oh just go to the party now!!!

User Image

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:48 pm
Karaoke Party Description  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 pm
White Elephant Game  

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am
User Image [Main Living Room]

The Shiba Inu put the last bowl of chips out onto the table. She smiled as she looked over the vast array of foods, her brown eyes hidden behind her natural black mask. Now for the rest of the house. Kamiko made one last sweep around the apartment. Everything had to be perfect for the party! She was so happy to be able to give Jasper this kind of party, she hoped it would go well! She, Krypto, and Eli had been cleaning and scrubbing and generally going a bit crazy getting the entire apartment ready for the amount of people they hoped would come.

Krypto was making sure the last of the fish was ready for sushi. He would be their resident sushi chef tonight, he looked so cute with his little headband on! Plus he could keep the meat cold so it wouldn't go bad. The rest of the food was set neatly out on the main dinning room table. All were on special plates Eli had magiced up to keep them warm if need be and so they wouldn't stale for at least a few hours. She kept eyeing the dangos but restrained herself. Those were her favorite and she had to save some for the rest of the guests.

Now it was time to get dressed! Kamiko ran to her room and began to put her kimono on. It was a traditional one for this occation, and she had even figured out how to get it on by herself! It had taken a bit but she finally managed it. Checking her reflection in the mirror she had to smile. It felt good to be dressed in her native clothing. She hoped Eli would feel comfortable in his outfit as well as the rest of the guests. Missy had already been by the drop off the racks of clothes but had run out of slippers. She'd be back any minute with several boxes worth Kamiko was sure. Out of pure habit she stuck her kursigama into her belt.

Invitations had been sent out earlier with times and the date. A map to their apartment had also been provided to make sure no one got lost. She checked her hair one more time before padding out into the room.

"Ok Krypto, we are ready to party!"

"Kampai!"

(( Welcome to the party! We are kicking things off now that all the descriptions for the house are up! Later we will be having a Karaoke contest hosted by Tyrgress and a White Elephant Contest hosted by Anime! Please stay tuned to the Event Posts to see when things are going on!

For the sake of sanity please state in all your posts which room your character is currently in. Here are the list of rooms to choose from.

Main Living Room
Kitchen
Dinning Room
Bar
Dojo
Library
Karaoke Room
Sim Room

Please please please put these at the beginning of your posts, preferably in a different color than your post style so everyone can see it. Thank you and welcome to the party!))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 am
[Front Door]

He hoped that he wasn't too early. He had received the invitation with the date, time, and place and was technically on time, but he had to wonder how many others were even here yet. Well, it didn't particularly matter, really. He was glad of the chance to see Eli, Kamiko, and Jasper, and had no doubts that the rest of the kuppy family would be joining in rather soon. Assuming they weren't already there setting up. Should he have come earlier to help out with that? Well, too late now he supposed.

The cheetah Hyte raised a hand and knocked lightly on the door. As per the style of the party he currently wore a dark red kimono with a black hamaka. It would certainly save Missy the trouble of getting one more person dressed, and it seemed the perfect occasion to use it. Hope I'm not interrupting anything, he thought to himself as he waited at the door, idly fingering the small gift in his hand.

Seth_Avi

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:01 am
[Main Living Room]

"Ah, the first guest! Or Jasper finally showing up. Little mule better come to his own party," she giggled as she opened the door. The dog smiled upon seeing the cheetah Hyte, already dressed up too! At least someone else had a kimono other than her own family members.

"Konban wa Seth-san! Welcome to the party! You are the first guest to arrive. And well dressed as well," she smiled and stepped aside to let him in. She took his gift and set it on a small seperate table for anyone who brought something for the white elephant. Closing the door behind him she walked him into the main room.

"Some food is already out if you are hungry. Krypto is our sushi chef tonight if fish is your prference," she pointed to the deer lyte at a table.

Krypto held up his knife with a smile. While it was cute it was also kinda creepy.

"Welcome Seth-san!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 am
[Main Living Room]

"Konban wa, Kamiko-san," he greeted back with a smile when the Shiba Inu answered the door. "Hisashiburi da ne." So he was really the first guest then? Perhaps he could help out with anything that still needed finishing then. "Ah, thank you very much, but I'm good for now. Is there anything that you guys still need help with before the others arrive?" he offered. The cheetah Hyte smiled over at the Lyte as well when the other greeted him. "Hello, Krypto. Been well?"  

Seth_Avi

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 am
[Main Living Room]

"Ah no, everything is pretty much ready. I have some extra things to make more dango if we need it," she smiled to the ever helpful cheetah.

She gave him a quick tour of all the rooms before returning to the main room. She was so happy. Parties were fun and it was rare she got to relax and socialize with the rest of the Hytes. Sometimes it truly was a burden to be a super hero.

"Eli is around here somewhere. Probubly in the Karaoke room polishing everything to protection. The moment the word 'party' came out of my mouth he has done nothing but talk about singing," she smirked. Her boyfriend really did want karaoke friends. Hopefully the party would help him find some.

"But Mr. Eli only sings really good after he's had sake," Krypto frowned confused.

"Now now, Krypto," Kamiko couldn't help but laugh at that statement.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:27 am
[Main Living Room]

"I can't say that I've ever done karaoke before myself, but my mother certainly speaks highly of it." The most singing he usually ever did was while listening to music on his own. He didn't generally sing in front of others, but if Eli was really as excited about people partaking in karaoke as Kamiko was saying then he'd probably join in regardless. "Have you two done much?" Hm, difficult part about karaoke would probably be deciding which songs to do...  

Seth_Avi

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 am
[Main Living Room]

"Ah no. I'm not much one for singing. Mother said my howling wasn't even all that pretty when I was younger. Something about my breed," she grinned. Shiba Inus were rather known for their destinctive cry and it wasn't pleasent. Krypto, on the other hand, was a lovely singer despite his reluctance to sing.

"Jasper, I'm not sure of. He may have but so far I have no idea. In fact I don't know many who have. Which is why i am sure Eli is looking forward to finding some friends who enjoy it as much as he does," she walks over to the table to grab a dango. She can't resist any longer. The smell was completley over taking her sensitive nose.

"Sorry, can't resist," she said. She tried not to speak with her mouth full and savor the entire stick slowy. Normally she's wolf it down, but she was trying to be somewhat lady-like.

"Ms. Kamiko loves dangos. It's like her favorite food. I think she keeps a hidden stash somewhere," Krypto laughed.

"I most certainly do not! Dangos should always be fresh," she had glowy eyes about all the types she knew how to make.

"I know. You ate a lot on your birthday," Krypto nodded. He remembered the large stack of skewers left after he had made a bunch for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 am
[Main Living Room]

Seth doubted that Kamiko was really as bad as she claimed, and didn't remember anything wrong with her howling when they were babies. Of course, it'd been nearly a year since then, but still. "No need to apologize. They do smell quite good," he replied, mildly amused. Why should anyone be sorry for snacking at a party? "Ah, and belated Happy Birthday. Or shall I say 'Otanjoubi Omedetou'? Did you do anything fun?" He hadn't had a chance to see any of the Japan batch on their birthdays actually. Whoops.  

Seth_Avi

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 am
[Main Living Room]

"Ah no not really. Eli was busy doing something and I had to root out a gang near the warf. So I guss I spent it fighting crime" she smiles. Truthflly she had forgotten her own batches birthday but made sure to send out cards once she remembered. She also sent little presents of sweets to each member. She hoped some of her batch would come. After all it was a japanese style party. And Kastu-chan did love a good party.

"I gave Ms. Kamiko a bunch of fresh made dango and I built her a snowman in my cold room," Krypto smiled proudly. He had been so happy she liked his snow redition of her. He had worked so hard on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:01 am
"I suppose crime never takes a break, does it," Seth remarked. no wonder Kamiko was always so busy. Well, as long as she enjoyed what she did, that was what mattered, right? He had to smile at the Lyte's explanation of his gifts. "That sounds very nice. Did you happen to take a picture of the snowman?" A cold room, eh? He'd make sure to avoid that, as the outside was already cold enough. He really did wish that winter would end soon.  

Seth_Avi

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am
[Karaoke Room -> Main Living Room]
Eli in fact had been in the karaoke room, double-checking everything was ready to go on the machine, before heading back down to the main room everyone would be congregating in. He too was dressed for the occasion in shades of green, a vibrant green men's kimono paired with darker forest green hakama. The kuppy grinned as he spotted Seth with Kamiko and Krypto, and hurried over to the group. "Welcome, welcome!"

[Front Door -> Main Living Room]
The door made a noise rather like someone had bashed it in, but it proved to merely be Melisande returning with the promised slippers, and several more obi piled atop the large box she carried. She briskly placed them with the rest of the dressing materials, and then returned to the gathering group, eyeing them all somewhat with disappointment. "How is moi supposed to dress anyone when they all insist on dressing themselves?" she said plaintively.

"I'm sure plenty of people will need to borrow something," Eli reassured her. The pig Hyte wasn't dressed yet herself, busy as she'd been running back and forth from here to the Cottage and back, but her hair was already in an updo with kanzashi woven in.

"They had better," Melisande muttered. And even Seth! Didn't he know by know her sense of style and color was far, far better than his? Apparently not!  
-[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff