PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 am
1. Spec Ops
HP: 215
Speed: 85%
Default Primary: SMG
Default Secondary: Throwing Knife
Default Melee: Combat Knife
Unlockables:
Soviet Screamer (Primary): AK-47 with low-magnification scope. Bullets can also ricochet.
Tomahawk (Secondary): More powerful Throwing Knife, but slower and less carried.
Bowie Knife (Melee): Exactly what it says on the tin.

2.Guard Dog
HP: 85
Speed: 145%
Default Primary: Back Turrets
Default Secondary: Helper (Miniature Dispenser)
Default Melee: Tooth n' Claw
Replacements:
The Hater (Melee): Rocket engines on his back. 'Nuff said.

3. Saboteur
HP: 195
Speed: 80%
Default Primary: Over-Under
Default Secondary: Pistol
Default Melee: Crowbar
Replacements:
Big Bertha (Primary): Increases clip size to 6 via use of miniature revolving systems a la Bioshock 2.
Irene (Primary): Any bullet that doesn't hit an opponent will explode, and any bullet that does will inflict Afterburn, Bleed, Jarate, Mad Milk, or just explode, but clip size is 1 bullet.
Hack Ray (Secondary): Allows her to control Sentries a la the Wrangler, but the Hack Beam is highly visible.
Lead Pipe (Melee): More damage, no random Crits.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:43 am
Also,
Saboteur:
PDA: Trap Rig: You must get with another Class to make a trap, with the exceptions of the Shotgun Door, Crowbar Ammo, and Pistol Healthkit.
Possible Traps:
Shotgun Door (fires when anyone walks under it)
Fake Dispenser (Engineer trap. To the Engy's team it appears as a cardboard box filled with dynamite and dispenser decals drawn on in crayon, while to the enemy team it appears as a real dispenser. Explodes when touched or sapped by an enemy)
Crowbar Ammo (Ammo box with a crowbar in it. If any enemy touches it the crowbar springs out and kills them.)
Pistol Healthkit (If an enemy touches it they get shot)
Tripwire (Demoman trap. Creates a proxy mine.)
Fake Intel (Demoman trap. If an enemy[or ally, if you rig the enemy's intel] picks up the intel they will explode. You're supposed to rig your intel with the bombs.)  

The Situational Badass
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

The Situational Badass
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:14 pm
Is anyone gonna reply to this?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 pm
I just saw this right now actually. (And you kinda just posted your fan classes' information and didn't say anything about wanting comments and such. Probably obvious that you wanted some, but just saying.)

Interesting ideas. I don't read about many fan classes, and personally I think it'd be hard to incorporate them in the TF2 world. The nine classes are pretty balanced as it is.

For the Spec Ops class, it seems good, but he has two melees? I know you put the Throwing Knife as a secondary, but I would think it'd be a melee weapon. Also, can you be clear on what Spec Ops are? I'm actually not familiar with the term. (I don't play many first person shooters or know much about army/special forces stuff.)

The Guard Dog is good, but did you really come up with it? Because I saw the Guard Dog from this website a year or so ago: Guard Dog Update

Saboteur is okay, but the Irene weapon seems a tad too powerful. Well, maybe. Considering it only has one bullet, it may work. But Saboteur sounds would be someone who would commits sabotage rather than traps. Which would be like the Spy. Maybe a change in name?

By the way, which category would these three fall under? Offense, Defense, Support?

Also, I hope you aren't offended by any of my comments. I'm just trying to give you some feedback, with no intentions of offending you or your classes. (Also, I have class in fifteen minutes, so I'm in a slight rush to post this.)

[1. Spec Ops is short for "Special Operations". The Throwing Knife is a whole different weapon from the Combat Knife. The Combat Knife is a military standard-issue knife, but the Throwing Knives are basically just blades. True throwing knives have no handles. He goes under Offense.]
2. My Guard Dog is different. It uses the same weapons, but it has different stats, can't fill Jarate, but keeps track ability. Oh and IT'S A WHOLE DIFFERENT BREED. It goes under Defense.]
3.Irene was designed with slightly tipping the balance scales in mind. Oh and it's much much harder to obtain because you can't craft it and it can't be traded or bought from the Mann Co Store. As for her name, it refers not to sabotaging machines, but rather to sabotaging the opponent's strategy. How are you gonna react when your perfect plan gets screwed up by three raging Saboteurs? They weren't designed for stealth, they were designed to throw a monkey wrench into the enemy's plans. She goes under Support.]  

Kazan no Kasai
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kazan no Kasai
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:32 pm
1. So would there be a set of throwing knives? Or would he have to retrieve it after each throw?
By the way, I looked back at the weaopns, and noticed that the Soviet Screamer was an AK-47 with incendiary bullets. Would an enemy shot by this gun suffer after-burn?

2. What breed is your dog? And how are the stats different? And I'm surprised that he'd be Defense, actually, since he seems more like Support, with his Helper item.

3. I see. I was mislead by the name, since saboteur brings up a spy to mind. And how she creates traps also made me think she'd more of a Defense class.

Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't edit my post to reply to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 am
One question, Over-Under has no explanation behind it, please fill in the blank?  

Timmyo00
Crew

Shirtless Elder

The Situational Badass
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:16 pm
Kasai_Kazan
1. So would there be a set of throwing knives? Or would he have to retrieve it after each throw?
By the way, I looked back at the weaopns, and noticed that the Soviet Screamer was an AK-47 with incendiary bullets. Would an enemy shot by this gun suffer after-burn?

2. What breed is your dog? And how are the stats different? And I'm surprised that he'd be Defense, actually, since he seems more like Support, with his Helper item.

3. I see. I was mislead by the name, since saboteur brings up a spy to mind. And how she creates traps also made me think she'd more of a Defense class.

1. It's 3 knives. He can retreive them, but if he has 3 and he retrieves them, the first three will disappear. The Soviet Screamer no longer has an afterburn effect, but rather simply has an ACOG scope zoom in a manner similar to the Sniper. The inciniedary attribute was carried over into a concept weapon called the Hot Rod, another assault rifle.
2. He's a Harrier, a larger version of a Beagle. The original Guard Dog screens showed it with 100 HP, my Guard Dog has 85. However, it makes up for it by being even faster than the Scout, outrunning him by 30%. It also can double jump. It also doesn't have the ability to refill Jarate. It also cannot capture the Intel. It does however, retain the tracking ability. Also, for future reference, I'm switching Saboteur and Guard Dog.
3. Glad to clarify.
Oh and I meant to click 'Quote', sorry.
To Timmyo00, the Over-Under is the Saboteur's stock weapon, it's modelled after a sawn-down Weatherby Athena shotgun ( http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/images-products-shotguns-enlarge-ou-athena-5-big.jpg )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 am
The Occasional Traveller
Kasai_Kazan

1. It's 3 knives. He can retreive them, but if he has 3 and he retrieves them, the first three will disappear. The Soviet Screamer no longer has an afterburn effect, but rather simply has an ACOG scope zoom in a manner similar to the Sniper. The inciniedary attribute was carried over into a concept weapon called the Hot Rod, another assault rifle.
2. He's a Harrier, a larger version of a Beagle. The original Guard Dog screens showed it with 100 HP, my Guard Dog has 85. However, it makes up for it by being even faster than the Scout, outrunning him by 30%. It also can double jump. It also doesn't have the ability to refill Jarate. It also cannot capture the Intel. It does however, retain the tracking ability. Also, for future reference, I'm switching Saboteur and Guard Dog.
3. Glad to clarify.
To Timmyo00, the Over-Under is the Saboteur's stock weapon, it's modelled after a sawn-down Weatherby Athena shotgun ( http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/images-products-shotguns-enlarge-ou-athena-5-big.jpg )

1. I kinda think the incendiary ammo is a bit too much, since the fire starter is the Pyro.

2. Oh really? Well, the Guard Dog's stats in the first post show he has 100 HP and 100% speed, which is why I was confused.
The Occasional Traveller
2.Guard Dog
HP: 100
Speed: 100%

Also, I think 30% faster than the scout is a bit too much. The Scout is already running at 133% speed, so the dog would be going 163%. Something like 140% would be more reasonable, I think. And a dog having double jump might be too much, but that's just my opinion. And you mentioned he can't capture the intel, but what about control points. Can he capture the points?

And apology accepted (about the Edit/Quote mistake).  

Kazan no Kasai
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Situational Badass
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:52 pm
Kasai_Kazan
The Occasional Traveller
Kasai_Kazan

3. Glad to clarify.

1. I kinda think the incendiary ammo is a bit too much, since the fire starter is the Pyro.

2. Oh really? Well, the Guard Dog's stats in the first post show he has 100 HP and 100% speed, which is why I was confused.
The Occasional Traveller
2.Guard Dog
HP: 100
Speed: 100%

Also, I think 30% faster than the scout is a bit too much. The Scout is already running at 133% speed, so the dog would be going 163%. Something like 140% would be more reasonable, I think. And a dog having double jump might be too much, but that's just my opinion. And you mentioned he can't capture the intel, but what about control points. Can he capture the points?

And apology accepted (about the Edit/Quote mistake).

1. That doesn't stop the Sniper from dealing fire damage does it?
2. I need to adjust the stats. I haven't gotten around to editing the post. I'll lower the speed to 145 and the HP to 85. He can actually cap points, but only at 3/4 the rate of everyone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm
The Occasional Traveller

2. I need to adjust the stats. I haven't gotten around to editing the post. I'll lower the speed to 145 and the HP to 85. He can actually cap points, but only at 3/4 the rate of everyone else.

1. With the help of a Pyro setting Sniper's arrow on fire. The fire starter is still Pyro.

2. Ah. So this was something you changed sometime after the post. Okay. And the speed at 145% is pretty good, considering the HP is so low  

Kazan no Kasai
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Situational Badass
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:40 pm
Kasai_Kazan
The Occasional Traveller

1. With the help of a Pyro setting Sniper's arrow on fire. The fire starter is still Pyro.

2. Ah. So this was something you changed sometime after the post. Okay. And the speed at 145% is pretty good, considering the HP is so low

1.Still, it's technically the Sniper dealing the fire damage. And this is how the weapon description for the Hot Rod would look:
HOT ROD
i:alt-fire: underbarrel flamethrower. Even Pyro approves!
i: bullets deal afterburn
+25% faster reload time
-No random Critical Hits

2. It was mostly based on the fact that the Harrier is a somewhat small dog.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:51 am
The Occasional Traveller
Kasai_Kazan
The Occasional Traveller

1.Still, it's technically the Sniper dealing the fire damage. And this is how the weapon description for the Hot Rod would look:
HOT ROD
+25% faster reload time
-No random Critical Hits

1. Yes, but the Sniper wouldn't be able to without a Pyro on the team. On the other hand, this weapon allows the Spec Ops to cause fire damage without the Pyro ever being present.

2. Ah, that's true. I forgot how small they were.  

Kazan no Kasai
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Situational Badass
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm
Kasai_Kazan
The Occasional Traveller
Kasai_Kazan
The Occasional Traveller

HOT ROD
+25% faster reload time
-No random Critical Hits

1. Yes, but the Sniper wouldn't be able to without a Pyro on the team. On the other hand, this weapon allows the Spec Ops to cause fire damage without the Pyro ever being present.

2. Ah, that's true. I forgot how small they were.

They're actually medium-size dogs, but all they are is larger Beagles.
They're like, knee high to the Scoot.  
Overtime- Forums for Fan Art, Fan Fiction, and Other Fan Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff