Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Merthage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 am
"If I may call you Demeter... It is alright. I didn't mean Blake when I referred to his wishes... I meant his brother." Gwen let out a small sigh. "Xerxes. Such a bright, kind child. When their mother was killed shortly after Blake's turning, Xerxes vowed to protect his younger brother. Oh, they were inseparable. Xerxes was going to be a good king. Everyone adored him. He was so kind, so thoughtful... He read almost all of the time. When he wasn't reading, he was playing the organ or playing with Blake."

Gwen kind of went on a sort of nostalgic expression. "You must try to understand, my queen. Blake isn't as cold as he seems. As a boy... Though he was more serious than his brother, he cared so deeply for everything his brother did. Blake and Xerxes made plans together. Xerxes was going to be king, and Blake was going to lead the warriors. He was going to be the second-in-command, the general. He was going to be the iron fist behind Xerxes' warm dreams and sweet promises. Many, if not all of Xerxe's ideals were imbedded into Blake... And I know, though I've become so distant, that Blake wants nothing more than his brother's dream to succeed. It was ludicrous, to say the least... But if anyone could do it, Xerxes could."

Gwen looked down and sighed. "I was just a concubine. But I loved those boys like they were my own. I loved the queen deeper than any spite towards being just a woman to Havonmir. I was a tool used for power. But the queen was his jewel; his choice among all else to have children with. Of course, it was an honor. And if I wasn't given that title, I would have never taken care of such wonderful, glorious boys. When Havonmir murdered his wife... And later his son... I died twice that day. But Blake could never let it go. Blake had his own dreams. To have one woman, to lead the army but raise a family, safely and away from the watchful, demanding eye of politics. Those were the sacrifices Xerxes was going to make. For the sake of our country. I was as surprised as anyone at that time when Blake made it known HE was going to fight for the crown. But I knew why. Because Xerxes trusted no one else. Blake sacrificed all his dreams to make sure that his brother's came true. I remember... Blake started distancing himself. From his friends. From his feelings. He destroyed anything of his that would make him weak against his father. He forced himself to become invincible by letting no one in..."

Gwen's hand went up to her cheek. "I knew every one of Blake's favorite things. He destroyed everything that reminded himself of his brother except for a book, but I don't know where that went... He could have destroyed that, later. Blake turned his brother's room into an observatory... Somewhere he never goes. He put Xerxes' organ up there. Everything else doesn't exist anymore. Blake will no longer go out on picnics like he used to do, he never eats gremlin fish anymore; his favorite meal. He just... Shut down from everything. Out of fear. King Blake now has more on his shoulders than ever. Now that he's succeeded in being king, I can't imagine how scared he must feel of failing his brother. And somehow failing Merthage."

Gwen looked up at Demeter. "I do not think Blake thinks of you the way you might have been led to assume. I think, if anything, he's afraid of you. If he lets his guard down for a second, it could prove to be his doom. And the doom of Merthage. And the doom of his dreaming brother's wish. He's afraid you might lead him astray and fog his judgement. Because there was a boy named Blake a long time ago that wanted a wife and children. But then Havonmir destroyed everything. A king cannot just simply have a family. A king belongs to his people. And only his people."

Anasophia looked down. She sort of understood. She had no idea Demeter thought Blake cared more about her than his queen. Then again, Xerxes was known for being the mercy of humans. Perhaps his feelings towards her was of keeping his brother's wishes. Maybe all there was to Blake was not trying to fail his older brother. Anasophia tried to think of a time that a king had only a wife and children, but could only think of one... And he was murdered, only after about a year of rule. If you didn't instill fear and dominance, then you were dominated. Its kill or be killed. If Blake changed everything, so many people would object... There could be a civil war, or worse... A mutiny. Like that one king that tried to ban concubines and create the 'one for one' rule. She shook her head, not liking the idea of Blake's body impaled through the heart by a pointed stick imbedded in the ground for the town to see, or his head stuffed with garlic on a pole. Demeter would be killed too, since she is queen. Then what would happen to the rest of them?

"What I hate is the thought of leaving you," Lance admitted, "But... Okay. I won't talk about it anymore." He looked over at Flopsy and saw the red dress. He smiled a little. "That's very beautiful, my princess. Almost as beautiful as you are."

Salcie liked having this power over someone. He chuckled, stroking both ears and standing right behind him. "Am I distracting you, my sweet little meal?"

'Yes... They look different... Depeeending on the meal.' Vinegar admitted, and then noticed Ethan caring for the child. When he suggested they ask S.V. Vinegar became nervous, but reminded himself that S.V. wasn't to be feared. He would be gentle with the baby, he was sure of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am
Flopsy giggled and did a little curtsey. "I'd rather wear pink but this will do." She said going to put some make up on.

S.V. smiled slightly. "I know I don't want to lose ya either but there are somethings we can't change." He told him moving to kiss him. He smiled at Flopsy. "You look lovely."

Peter blushed softly humming happily. "Yes..feels good." He said softly. "Hmmm I do need to finish this picture though."

Ethan smiled and rocked the child. "S.V. will know of a name he knows this world better then me." He noticed Vinegar was nervous. "Hey its ok. I know you saw S.V. at his worst but he really is a gentle caring soul." He told him. "Besides I would never let anything hurt our baby." He promised.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 am
Demeter was quiet and her expression was unreadable. The facts ran through her mind rapid-fire and she knew she had a lot of thinking to do. The idea that her husband feared her was as ridiculous as it was sensible. To think that she resembled the lost brother so dear to him.

Xerxes.

In his rage Blake had mentioned Xerxes and it was obvious that the subject was sensitive. Knowing the danger she still felt that she needed to get to the bottom of things. To unravel more of the mystery.

"I'd like you to take me to the observatory, please"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am
Gwen looked a little nervous, and she had a hard time knowing where to put her hands, but she nodded. "Yes, milady. Though I should warn you, if it were anyone else I would strongly recommend against it. That area of the castle has been abandoned... For so long."

She stood up and bowed, leading Demeter up to the topmost floor. Guards and nobles on the way up seemed perplexed, but cared little... Until one guard noticed they were going to the very top. "Ah, I'm sorry, miladies, are you lost?"

"No, thank you," Gwen told the eight foot tall talking tiger, "But we know exactly where we're going."

The guy looked unsure, but nodded. "I'll be down here... In case you need anything." He recognized Demeter and bowed to her. "Your majesty."

Anasophia kept herself close to Demeter, not wanting to leave her majesty alone just in case she needed support... Morally as well as any other. But she knew her place, and kept quiet.

Gwen led Demeter up to the final staircase and opened the door. The room was huge; bigger even than Blake's room, and he was the king. There were windows all around, and nearly all of the inhabited lands could be seen. Ahead of them on the other wall was an organ, in good shape, if but dusty and out-of-tune. There was a small bookshelf with only about twelve or twenty books on it, and to the left where the bed lay, on the pillow was a small picture of a man. He looked like Blake in many ways, but had black hair and hazel eyes. His hair was longer. He was probably about Blake's age now. He smiled in the portrait... Despite that being considered very unfitting for a portrait. The rest of the room was bare. This was closest thing Blake had to a sanctuary. But he never came up here. Just that it was there was enough for him.

'If you trust him,' Vinegar replied, 'So do I.' He was ready to follow Ethan to talk to S.V.

Salcie leaned over to see the picture of himself, and he grinned. "I'm so devilishly handsome. I guess I'll let you finish. But remember, you belong to me. So don't think I'll be nice to you ALL the time."  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:29 pm
Ethan smiled at Vinegar and kissed him. He brought the now larva out of the garden and over to S.V. "S.V. look I..I'm going to be a father." He said happily. "Vinegar found him I'm not very good with the names on this planet I was hoping you could help me name him." He asked rocking the baby back and forth making odd insect like chattering noises at it.

Flopsy's eyes lit up. "Baby!" She cried out happily. "Oh yes baby we need to name the baby! Why didn't you tell me sooner Ethan we need to have a baby shower!" She said happily. "Oh what does the baby need to wear. It looks weird does it wear clothes like us? I want to know what baby clothes to make." She said bouncing up and down.

S.V. blinked and looked at the object in Ethan's hands. It looked alien just like Ethan and his friend seemed so happy. Baby? "Congratulations." He said. "So I guess you adopted." He teased. "Name?" He asked. "How about Michael." He said with a soft smile.

Peter went back to painting and finishing up his work. "I'm not expecting you to be nice all the time. Predators aren't always nice." He said with a pleased smile. He finished up the painting and set it aside. "Now it has to dry and I need to work on my commission for the king. Do you need anything?" He asked Salcie  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 am
Demeter was awed by the room and forgot she had company as she gingerly picked up the portrait of Xerxes and looked into the expressive eyes. A smile came unbidden to her lips, mimicking the infectious one of the man in the picture. Gently, she set it back down and resumed exploring.

She was shocked to see that so many of the books piled up were the same as some of those she'd lost in the fire. In fact, a copy of her favorite was open and sitting in a place of honor on the desk. She itched to pick it up and take it with her to read through but respected the dead man's privacy.

Sadness filled her that such a vibrant flame had been snuffed. She wished to meet Xerxes, feeling as though they would get along well. It was apparent they had so much in common and it would've been nothing short of a gift to have someone around that understood both she and Blake.

She toured the entire room, taking in every sight from top to bottom, and hesitated at the center when she was done. She didn't want to leave. Something inside was telling her there was something she needed to do. She just wasn't sure what.  

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm
Lance looked at the oblong thing and raised an eyebrow. Then he looked over at S.V. Michael? He wondered what that name meant to him, it seemed to mean something.

'Michael...' Vinegar mused, and seemed to like it. In front of their eyes, the egg grew again, in Ethan's arms. Now it looked more like a cocoon.

Anasophia stayed in one place, not wanting to overstep her boundaries.

"Suddenly I wonder," Gwen mused quietly, "The king is who picked you, wasn't it?... I wonder if your similarities to the lost prince was mere coincidence... If I knew Havonmir like I think I did, he could have wanted you to be a distraction to him... To cripple Blake. By preying on all of Blake's known weaknesses. This room is forgotten by most everyone. I might also think Blake himself forgot about it."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm
Ethan looked at S.V. with a rather blank and shocked stared. "M..Michael you..you are sure?" He asked rocking the now cocoon. "Yes..Michael is a wonderful name." He said happily honored S.V. would pick that name considering how much it meant to the vampire.

Flopsy bounced up and down. "Oooh it grew! Cool!" She said happily. "I want to hold him! Can I please I'll be really gentle." She pleaded.

S.V. smiled his tearing up slightly. "Well its a good name." He said. "There needs to be something else to remember him by other then paintings even they fade." He said. He looked to Lance. "Michael he was..the first human. The one that well died." He told him.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:27 pm
Lance's eyes softened. "I'm sorry," He whispered. Loss was a terrible thing, of course he knew that. Lance didn't mind the name; it seemed to make everyone happy, so he didn't have a problem with it. So Michael was his name. He held S.V's hand.

Vinegar, usually cautious around bouncy, excited types, felt that Flopsy truly would be gentle with the child, and though he was nervous, her desire to hold him felt overwhelming. So he looked to Ethan for the verdict. Vinegar was aware that, for the whole time he looked after it, it never responded or grew, only lived. Now with Ethan, it grew. And more people still, it grew larger still. It needed attention from all types, and if that's what the child needed, Vinegar was alright with giving that to him. He was Ethan's surprise, and felt joy in sharing a precious thing with this beautiful alien who he loved.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm
Ethan looked at Flopsy. "Ok..but no bouncing around hold still ok?" He told her. "Don't try to walk around with him." He added knowing she had a tendency to well trip. He said handing her the baby.

Flopsy nodded. "Ok no moving got it." She said rocking the baby gently. That moving had to be ok. "Aaaw I can't wait to see it grow more and um hatch. I wonder what it look like in there?" She asked curiously.

S.V. held Lance's hand in his gently. "Its ok. I made him happy for the time he was with me and I like to think I made a difference in his life. Besides I have you now." He added hugging Lance. "You will be comfortable here and never be hungry or thirsty. You'll be taken care of and happy."  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 am
The cocoon let out a semi-metallic hum as Flopsy held it.

'If I remeeember right... It will adaaapt to look like thooose that care for hiiim. He miiight look generally huuuman.' At least that was the impression he got when he asked that dying alien from the other planet. The one that gave him... That stone.

Lance smiled. "I'm already happy. Surrounded by those I care about. Could-... Could I hold him, perhaps? For a moment..." His eyes were fixed on the little cocoon. There was an aura around him... An aura of innocence, and the need to be given attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:43 am
Ethan smiled at Flopsy she seemed so happy. He looked to Lance. "Ok." He said gingerly taking the cocoon from Flopsy and handing him to Lance. "You're all god parents now so you should all get a turn." He said with a smile.

Flopsy smiled happily as the child was taken from her and given to Lance. Once the baby was out of her arms she was bouncing again. "Baby clothes!" she cried out darting off to see if there was anything she could make.

S.V. smiled as Lance held the baby and wrapped an arm around him. "I'm glad you're happy." He said softly. "My turn next." He added with a laugh.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 am
Lance looked down at the odd-shaped thing and smiled. There was a warmth to this thing, for sure. Then he heard the word 'Godparents.' He flushed and looked at Ethan. "That-... That's very kind of you, but I am not so sure that I... I don't think I'm right to..." He held the cocoon close before, as gently as he could, he passed the cocoon onto S.V.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:51 pm
Ethan smiled at Lance. "Lance you will make a wonderful god parent. You may of been lead astray but you have a kind heart. I'm sure you will be wonderful with the baby you already are." He told him.

S.V. cradled the cocoon gently singing softly to it in a different language. He paused in his singing and blushed a bit himself. "God parents..really?" He said softly also seeming to be unsure. "I..I never thought there would be a baby in dis bar but Ethan are ya sure ya want to raise em here? Dis..dis is no place for a child Ethan." He added. "The bar is safe but the city is dangerous and full of death a child shouldn't have to grow up in dis." He added he still held the baby rocking it. He had to admit he wished for the little one to stay he always wanted to raise a child but here?

Ethan looked at S.V. and gently touched his arm. "S.V. this place has more love in it then I could ever find out there." He told him. "It doesn't matter what the city is like, this baby needs love and we can give it just that." He told him. "He will be safe we are all strong enough to protect him. We will raise him right too, he will grow into a kind strong man. We need new life in this place S.V. it will be good for everyone and this place is good for him too." He added.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 pm
Vinegar felt the sincerity in Ethan's reply, and Vinegar let out a light coo. Yes, this place was filled with an adequate amount of love. The child would be raised among people with good hearts and kind souls.

Salcie thought about it a moment, but really couldn't think of anything to ask for. So he left Peter alone to work on his art while Salcie looked at the artwork around the room. He didn't touch anything, but he was starting to get bored. He started to wonder what sort of trouble he could get into downstairs. He came here on a mission, after all.  
Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games