Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Zombie apocalypse Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild to share zombie information and discuss everything zombie 

Tags: zombie, survival, video game, move/film, walking dead 

Reply Zombie Guild
How do you plan on surviving a zombie outbreak? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am Z
Crew

Shameless Hoarder

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:23 pm
Mr Frowns
@ Z:

Haha yeah I know, you can tell its a pretty solid plan. smile

20 people's too many for me. don't CONFRONT bandits, you lose a lot more people that way. quickly. 8-10, fastmovers, 2-4 per vehicle with a tanker, and point- rear humvees. No one wants to mess with a .50 cal, and the humvees can store a lot of supplies. The tanker stores a lot of gas. mebe also like a reinforced van or something to get to our campsite.

Easy stuff haha.

And I don't think the infection'll be airborne. Unless it turns into some freak thing like "I Am Legend" where the majority of people are just killed, where chances are we're screwed anyway.

Rabies with fluid transfer makes the most sense, I think.

Which gives them a starving point so you can rebuild after like 2 months when everyone else is dead.
Quote:
I am Z

yup yup, but you gotta remember my plan isnt just to survive, ima rebuild after it's all gone, for that you need people and diverse genes sweatdrop
That was scary in "i am legend" where what like 2% of the population had an immunity? And what was he doing to deter them from entering his house? masking his scent? with what bleach?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:10 pm
I find it hard to imagine that they'd become superhuman freaks who can't stand light. They'd definitely have an "expiration date" so rebuilding is definitely possible.

But centralization would still be a problem. You'll have your anarchists who'll probably try to kill you, power hungry useless ******** who'll try to kill you, religious fanatics who'll try to kill you, I mean... You'd need a pretty amazing screening process I think. In the end you have internal and external conflicts, unless you try some mayflower compact s**t. xp

Or it'll be like Jamestown where everyone ******** up and basically got them all killed.  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

I am Z
Crew

Shameless Hoarder

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:57 pm
Mr Frowns
I find it hard to imagine that they'd become superhuman freaks who can't stand light. They'd definitely have an "expiration date" so rebuilding is definitely possible.

But centralization would still be a problem. You'll have your anarchists who'll probably try to kill you, power hungry useless ******** who'll try to kill you, religious fanatics who'll try to kill you, I mean... You'd need a pretty amazing screening process I think. In the end you have internal and external conflicts, unless you try some mayflower compact s**t. xp

Or it'll be like Jamestown where everyone ******** up and basically got them all killed.

yeah but jamestown was theyre own fault, the people refused to take advantage of a bountiful land hahha, and it may be dangerous but in a lawless world I'd have to be on top to survive anyways and so finding all the weak links and having them "get lost" shouldn't be a problem lol. I do remember that one movie tho, the fog or something, where one woman gets a bunch of fanatics to believe its the rapture. That would be the biggest legitimate threat to a new society, preexisting dogmas and attitudes, and if a massive traumatic experience can't get rid of em nothing will... brainwashing or breaking in by force or fear would be your only option at that point, wouldn't you say?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 pm
Ideally I'm not trying to turn into the antagonist in a horror movie.

And you WANT the weak links. The kids, people with health problems. The stronger the person the more dominant, the more they'll want to kill you. What I'd do is set up some random person you trust as "dictator" (who coincidentally does everything you say to) and you can be the advisor. So you "rule" without the threat of assassination. Turn it into mafia organization and be the consigliere or something, I don't know haha.

And Jamestown? the "bountiful land" was what got them killed, actually. You can't kill a bunch of indians with smallpox and guns, I mean.. you're kinda done.  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

iAssassinSteve

Interesting Fatcat

2,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:34 am
Welll, I would actually get a group of people together. Plus we all have to like, be skilled in different things so we can have a better advantage of surviving. But for the most part, just kill as many zombies as we can.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:38 pm
iAssassinSteve
Welll, I would actually get a group of people together. Plus we all have to like, be skilled in different things so we can have a better advantage of surviving. But for the most part, just kill as many zombies as we can.

Unfortunately, it's more difficult than that. What if your helicopter pilot goes down?

What if your single engine pilot goes down?

...Special Forces Green Beret goes down?

And taking someone out is much harder than it seems, especially if they don't feel pain and cheat with their teeth.  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NarutoUzumaki6281
Crew

Friendly Werewolf

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:24 pm
yknow i heard using Melee weapons like bats and clubs and junk would be ur best weapon because you'd be able to hit them accurately and if you could dig several large trenches that are deep then once you can get all the zombies in one secluded spot Take whatever means you have and wipe them out if u need further explanation on what i mean i'll be glad to share it  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 pm
NarutoUzumaki6281
yknow i heard using Melee weapons like bats and clubs and junk would be ur best weapon because you'd be able to hit them accurately and if you could dig several large trenches that are deep then once you can get all the zombies in one secluded spot Take whatever means you have and wipe them out if u need further explanation on what i mean i'll be glad to share it

Set up a pitfall with spikes to catch em...
Then drop a molotov, unless you somehow managed to obtain military grade explosives?

Otherwise I'd imagine umm.. hmm... large quanitities of sodium, potassium, and the such. But pure substances of those in large quantities, ehh..

I'm not talking like salt and bananas, either.  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Hathor The Mad
Captain

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:01 pm
Maine is the perfect place for a zombie outbreak because of being a area with a small population and our relaxed gun laws.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 pm
Most places are still "carry whatever you want, we don't care."

Like I could get an AK xd

As long as it's not uhh... African, Middle eastern, or maybe Russian.

And yeah its pretty quiet over there.

Dakotas are still the best, I think.  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NarutoUzumaki6281
Crew

Friendly Werewolf

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 am
yep use an old world war 2 (or whatever war the trecnh technique was invented) and just make a pitfall of spikes or atleast have them there then soak them in gas (or other Explosive Material) and just Blow the s**t out of them or Burn them, but i've seen in Return of the living Dead that's not a good idea cause the Virus could spread through the air and could cause a rain cloud and poor the virus everywhere and then cause the Dead thats already been burried to rise again and then its an even Worse Zombie epidemic  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:47 am
NarutoUzumaki6281
yep use an old world war 2 (or whatever war the trecnh technique was invented) and just make a pitfall of spikes or atleast have them there then soak them in gas (or other Explosive Material) and just Blow the s**t out of them or Burn them, but i've seen in Return of the living Dead that's not a good idea cause the Virus could spread through the air and could cause a rain cloud and poor the virus everywhere and then cause the Dead thats already been burried to rise again and then its an even Worse Zombie epidemic

I'm going to be honest with you, i'm pretty skeptical about all the stuff you're saying.

First of all, entrenchment has been used since like... pre-WW1. Early forms were used in Civil War strategy.

Pitfalls are disguised, because it'd doubtful the dumbest zombie would walk into an open hole.

And now some information about contamination:
The only plausible explanation would be fluid transfer, with mutations for "airborne" being transmitted only through direct contact or at most SNEEZING. That being said, it would resemble the rabies. The zombies would eventually "Expire" as well.

Diseases do NOT cause clouds; Acidic rain is about as close as you'll get, and that pretty much just turns your shoelaces yellow.  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NarutoUzumaki6281
Crew

Friendly Werewolf

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:37 am
well i don't remember which movie it was i just know it was return of the living dead where a Zombie corpse gets incinerated in a crematorium in a morgue and its ashe smoke went through a vent and the smoke went up in the air from the stack and created a rain that made the virus spread through the ground causing those corpses buried to rise  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:34 pm
NarutoUzumaki6281
well i don't remember which movie it was i just know it was return of the living dead where a Zombie corpse gets incinerated in a crematorium in a morgue and its ashe smoke went through a vent and the smoke went up in the air from the stack and created a rain that made the virus spread through the ground causing those corpses buried to rise

There's very few things that kill every living organism in the world.
1 is really chemo.
2 bleach works pretty well most of the time.
3 FIRE.

I think it's pretty safe to say the zombies'll be good to go if we burn em.

Just in case we can test it on one of the insane people haha ninja

EDIT: I should probably explain this.
Chemistry 101!
Fire = heat, excess heat (AKA energy) in the system allows for endothermic (energy absorbing) processes. These processes, in short, will completely ANNIHILATE flesh, bacteria, and if we can get a hot enough burn (chemical, preferably; I'm thinking.. plutonium, although we have a much better chance getting tanks..)  

Ray Soleil
Vice Captain

Sparkly Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NarutoUzumaki6281
Crew

Friendly Werewolf

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm
oh cool thanks for the lesson, oh hey what about going to the Smithsonian air & space museum in Washington that's one of the most largest areas i know of thatd be perfect for storing food Ammo and could profide plenty of Shelter  
Zombie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff