Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 pm
User Image

Ruia stepped neatly in the direction of his parents' den, moving with eager, loping steps that carried him swiftly across the landscape. He'd been scouting further and further away from the lands these recent days, wondering how much longer it would be before he could deny himself the adventure any longer.

It wasn't that he disliked home. Far from it. Home was home. It was safe, comfortable and, most importantly, his family was here. Yet, this boy had been a dreamer and he dreamed of adventure, of seeing things that no one else had. He was very much like his late grandmother in that way. So full of innocence and thirst for seeing and doing things that none had. More recently, he'd begun to make friends with passing rogues and, the most recent one had captured his interest perhaps more than any others.

His tail curled with thought at how kind life had been to him when it had been so cruel to others. Yet, he supposed his family had also faced its hardships in the past. His mother was not a picture of health, after all, though at least she had his father to get through the difficult patches with.

As he drew closer to the den he paused to give a grumbling call to any who might be home. Hopefully father. He wanted to talk with him about the future.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:01 pm
User Image

Tope was feeling his age sneaking up on him slowly and surely. He had returned with his Black and grey brother Ardhi only a week or so ago and things were well. Ardhi was almost back to his old self... being that he had been pretty damned strange upon his first arrival. He was traumatized and desolate but now he was comfortable with everyone and everything. It was also a comfort, for the two brothers to be together again.

He shifted in his daydreaming state, outside the den. He wrinkled his muzzle in a yawn, his pink eyes squeezed shut as he began to roll luxuriously on his back. He was content here... He and Jini had been able to push the past hurts into the back of their mind... just long enough to have some peace and quiet of the mind and soul.

He lay on his back, feet in the air and he shut his eyes... tempted to sleep like that...

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:06 pm
Oh, ho, look at that! His father was sleeping? How convenient! With a small smirk and the cubbish playfulness that had never quite left him, Ruia stalked forwards towards the large brown male. Then, when he was close enough he jumped forwards, making a loud thump with his paws and called out in a daring voice.

"Wake up, Dad!!!"

Then, leaping backwards to avoid possible flailing limbs, he put on a goofy expression and waved his tail amicably.

Was he mean? Maybe a little...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm
Tope had been content for a while, only because of his ability to put bad memories out of his mind. He had gotten that trait from his father; Umo, the strong silent male he was whom had suffered so long from his own fathers torment and sorrow. His family was more important than those bad memories, so at this point his daughter and son were his saving grace.

He loved them so much, he never thought he'd love cubs so much. He loved them with his heart and soul. Even when they were a pain in the butt.

He had started to yawn for a moment, just as his son Ruia pounced forward to startle him. It worked. His pink eyes shot open and he gave a small startled squeak-how embarassing. He quickly realized it was his pale son. "Ruia..." He smirked. "You sly fox."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 pm
He chuckled and moved forwards to nudge his head against his fathers in a sign of clear adoration for the lion who had raised him. Ruia was perhaps closer to his father than his mother for two reasons. The first being that he was a male, giving them that understanding that he didn't really have with girls. The second was that Tope was much more laid-back, calmer and...happier than his mother. Unlike Tope, Jini had not been able to fully recover from her actions all that time ago and it had affected her whether she meant it to or not.

Ruia loved them both, but somehow he never felt as strong a connection with the pink-eyed female.

"Sorry, Dad. Couldn't resist! Um...are you awake enough to chat or is now a bad time?" He curled his tail in thought and looked a little sheepish, seemingly a little hesitant about what he wanted to say.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:24 pm
Tope stretched his front legs out and yawned again, peering at his son playfully. He was glad that they had only had 2 cubs. Being first time parents was tough, though it ran in Tope's blood to be a father. He knew in Jini's heart it was in her blood too, but sometimes he wondered if it was too much. She took the guilt... so badly. it pained him sometimes.

"Of course Ruia.. I always have time for you and your sister and your mother. " He said softly, his eyes showing how he felt about such things. He loved being a father figure. He loved spending time with his son, who so closely resembled his true loves own mother. "Whats troubing you?" He asked a bit more concerned now.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 pm
"Nothing really troubling me as such." Ruia replied, lifting his gaze to meet his father's eyes. "I've just been thinking recently about...about the world outside of the pride. Well...actually, I've always thought about it but...well, I never had the push to go and I was so happy here." Realising that he'd used the wrong tense, he added hastily. "I am happy here. Kusini'mwezi will always be my home. It's where I was raised, it's what I know, it's where you are." He smiled warmly.

"I've just always been curious about it and I think maybe now is the right time."

He turned his head to gaze out across the lands. "I think I was worried about going out there all alone but...but I've made a friend. I think I want to travel with him for a while." He paused and turned back to look at his father. "What do you think, Dad?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 pm
Tope wasn't at all surpised by his son's inquiry. He knew that a fair few of children often wandered off on their own for a bit. He even remembered that it was a custom of the swamp lands, his birthplace of sorts. "I don't doubt those feelings. They run in the family... My sister Kinamasi was a huge wanderer.. She had the itchiest feet.. so my parents said of her. Hehe." He chuckled.

"Your mother and I both felt such feeilngs too when we were young. Back when we first met, I knew I didn't want to stay where my parents raised me. I was a resltess soul, that I was..." He paused. "I have no problem with you going off on your own. It is only natural..."

He lifted his ears. "I would actually prefer that you go with someone. A friend? Who is it?" He asked, his expression showing he was pleased with his son's words

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:39 pm
"Thinking of flying the nest?" Jini'pomoka added, her voice somewhat dull as she came to sit alongside her mate. She'd returned from a failed hunt - her joints bothering her a little more than usual. The pain had been there since she had been a cub but it was never something she had gotten used to.

Ruia, startling at his mother's appearance, was at least comforted by his father's reply. It was nice to know that this hadn't been entirely unexpected and that he'd have support in this...from his father, at least.

"He's a rogue. I met him a couple of weeks back on the borders. Very timid creature. He was hungry and we hunted together. He told me about the places he had visited and how he'd never found a place to belong. I said that if I could, maybe I'd help him when he was ready to move on. Being near the lands makes him nervous, I think he's hoping to get going as soon as possible." Ruia added. "He's from a desert land, though he can't go back for some reason."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:45 pm
Tope turned and gazed at his mate, this true love and his life; and could sense her emotions. He smiled at her regardless, knowing that his strength was her strength. "Jini beloved." He said in greeting, leaning against her softly and nuzzling her. "Do not worry, our son is simply feeling the typical wander lust that runs in my family."

He turned his head back to his son, his ears swiveling.

Something about his words struck him strangly, right along his spine. Just the words 'desert land' gave him a strange feeling, and his facil expression shown it. He turned to Jini, to see her reaction and then looked back to Ruia.

"Oh... a desert land... What... where is he now?

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Jini's eyes had widened a little at hearing those words, her whole body growing tense. In an attempt to calm herself, she pressed into Tope's side, flattening her ears back. Even still, it was not possible for her to hide her distress at hearing those words and the fear and even a little anger stirred in her. Fear won out and she trembled.

Under her breath she mumbled. "A coincidence...a coincidence...calm, calm, calm."

Luckily Ruia could not pick out Jini's mutterings, turning his attention from her and back to his father. Why his mother had tensed up so much he did not know. How could he? After all, he knew nothing about the escapades that had taken place before his birth.

"That's right. He's out at the borders, probably by the river. Would you like to meet him? I'm sure he'd be happy to say hello! Just...he's a bit shy, so he might not say a lot."

He blinked worriedly back at his mother who still seemed trapped in a daze.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm
Tope felt Jini tense up and he turned to her, his eyes full of concern, not for himself but for her. "Jini... it may just be that. No need for worry.." He lowered his voice. "and if it is... than we have a chance at... at fixing us..." He turned back to his son. "Ruia... I think it may be best of we see him... just so we can feel comfortable with you traveling with him..."

He looked to Jini for a moment. "I think that would be... a very good idea." He pulled Jini closer and gave her a look, a look that perhaps said something along the lines of 'it's time'. He couldn't hide it from their children forver. "Perhaps this is just one big coincidance love..."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:59 pm
She said nothing but there was a reluctant trust in her eyes that, though small at first, grew a little as he continued to speak. Nodding - more to herself than anything - and leaned into him a little tighter, putting on a weak smile at the look in his eyes.

Yes. It was time to start dealing with things whether this was a coincidence or not.

Ruia, though sensing the tension, thought better than to question it. Partly because he wasn't sure he wanted to know and partly because he was worried he might talk them out of agreeing for him to leave. Even still, he had no qualms about them meeting his friend. After all, he knew the rogue rather well and had no doubt that he was a good, kind lion.

"Well, if you like, we can go now. No time like the present!" And he bounced to his paws and turned to head off, pausing to check that they were following.

Perhaps one day he would understand that haunted look that sometimes came into their eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm
Tope nodded to his family, agreeing with his son. It was time. Secretly he hoped that this lion may be the young one that haunted them sometimes. He would be grown now, no doubt. He would be strong perhaps, because of the events. He doubted the boy would recognize them, as he was so small... such a tiny soul.

He felt a twinge again.

"Yes. Now is the best time." He said, agreeing to his sons words and standing up, began to follow his son. "Jini... this is our problem and maybe this will solve it." He said soflty to her as he went.

Fin

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers